Preparation

Fate Led Me to You

DongHae POV

I woke up to a text from my phone. Though it was in the other room, I could distinctively hear it. I slid my arm from under HyunMi, careful not to wake her up. I walked to the guest room and looked at the screen; it was 7:00

To: DongHae
From: EunHyuk

DongHae-ah, we have practice in like 3 hours. You better not miss this one!

To: EunHyuk 
From: DongHae

Arraso! I'll be there, after I take HyunMi to school.

To: DongHae
From: EunHyuk

Aigoo, when did our fishy become so sweet? ^^

To: EunHyuk 
From: DongHae

Aish, hyung! I've always been sweet! Kekeke. I'll text you later, then. Annyeong ~

I put down my phone and washed up. I headed back to HyunMi's room and sat on her bed again, watching her breath peacefully. My heart fluttered at the sight. She started to move around and finally woke up. Her eyes opened and she smiled when she saw me.

"Morning, oppa," she said, sitting up and stretching her arms.

"Morning, HyunMi-ah," I said, smiling back at her. She rubbed her eyes cutely and I chuckled. 

"HyunMi, wash up and oppa will make breakfast for you," I said.

"Jinja? Arraso, I'll be down soon," she replied, walking to the washroom. I headed downstairs and made some scrambled eggs, toast and sausages. I set the food on the plates and waited for HyunMi to come downstairs. I heard footsteps and I looked up, to find her wearing a pair of jeans, and a cute oversized sweater. I motioned for her to come eat and she quickly sat down. 

"It looks good, oppa!" She said, looking at her food. 

"Try it; see if it tastes good," I told her. She tried some eggs and nodded.

"It's very yummy!" She said happily. I laughed in response. Thank you Ryeowookie for teaching me how to cook, I thought.

"But oppa, I thought you didn't cook. Well the only thing you made was ramen," she said, curious.

"Ah... Well I learned here and there," I replied, rubbing the back of my neck, "let’s eat!"
We ate in silence, with the sounds of knives and forks scratching against the plate.

"HyunMi, I'll take you to school and then I'll go to my practice," I told her. She nodded and smiled. I finished and placed the dishes in the sink. I walked out of the kitchen to see HyunMi putting her bag on.

"Oppa, kaja!" She said, looking up at me. I grabbed my jacket and sunglasses and opened the door for the both of us. 
"There's a hidden key under the pot," she said, eyeing the plant next to the door, "you might need it if you come home early."
I nodded and smiled as she locked the door and we both walked down the street. Home, I thought.  If felt as if we were living together; I smiled at the thought.  My hand kept brushing past hers; nearly bumping into each other. Hold her hand! A voice said in my head. Ani, we're not even dating yet! I have to wait, I said to myself. We soon arrived at her school and we bid our good byes. 

"Oppa, fighting!" She said, smiling and waving.

"Arraso! Fighting!" I said, clenching my fists into a ball and making a cheering motion. She laughed in response and I waved back. I watched her head towards her school, disappearing in the crowd of people. I called the driver to pick me up at HyunMi's house. I soon got onto the van and headed to our practice. It was 9:00 when I arrived, so barely anyone was there. I used the time to call our manager.

"Ne, DongHae-ah, do you need anything?" 

"Well... I was wondering if I could do something extra at the concert tomorrow..." I trailed off, tapping my feet on the floor.

"What is it?" He asked with a curious tone.

"Well... I like a girl... And I kind of want to confess..." I said, warmth flooding my face.

"Ah, our DongHae likes someone?" He asked. I could feel his face breaking into a smirk. "Who has made our DongHae swoon? I heard from EunHyuk, too. You haven't been coming back to the hotel lately," he said.

"Ah... Her name is HyunMi," I said, "and mian about not going to practices," I apologized.

"Ah... HyunMi. Well it's fine. You do well even without practice but practicing will help you do better," he said, praising me, "and arraso. I'll see what I can do about the confession. You want to do it on stage, right?"

"Ne!" I replied happily, "gomawo hyung! I'll prepare for the other stuff!" 

"Arraso, I'll call you later, then," he said. I heard the other member's voices in the background. 

"Hyung! Who's HyunMi?" I heard SungMin say.

"HyunMi? Who's that?" Ryeowook said. I smiled.

"Hyung I'm going to hang up now, I said to our manager. I put down my phone and began practicing. I was in the middle of dancing to Break Down when EunHyuk bursted into the practice room.

"Yah, Lee DongHae! You're confessing but you never told me?" He said, holding me into a headlock. I struggled against his grasp and pulled away.

"Yah! That hurts!" I said rubbing my neck.

"Yeah yeah. But you're really gonna confess to her?" He asked, sitting down on the floor.

"Yeah. Wae?" I looked over to him.

"Ani... Aren't you scared of the fans? I mean they can get out of control sometimes..." He trailed off. I nodded, to show him I understood what he meant.

"Kwenchana. I'll protect her," I replied. He nodded, and slightly smiled. The other members soon piled into the room.

"Hyung, you're confessing tomorrow?" Kyuhyun asked, confused. I hummed in response. 

"I want to see what she looks like!" SungMin said.

"Me too! I bet she's really pretty!" Ryeowook added.

"Treat her well," SiWon said patting my back. I nodded to him.

Everyone was talking to me except Henry, who seemed to be deep in thought. Why wasn’t he asking about HyunMi?  Usually he was the most curious of them all… I shrugged the thought away.

"Don't worry, I will. She's amazing," I said subconsciously. The members laughed in response. We started practicing to a series of songs: Sorry sorry, Rockstar, Break Down, and some other songs. It was 12 when we finally took a break. I used this time to text HyunMi.

To: HyunMi
From: DongHae

HyunMi have you eaten yet?

To: DongHae
From: HyunMi

Ne, oppa! ^^ I'm eating right now ~ How about you?

To: HyunMi
From: DongHae

Ah, I'm just drinking water for now.

To: DongHae
From: HyunMi

Jinja? You should eat something, or I'll be worried about you. You need the energy to keep practicing ><

To: HyunMi
From: DongHae

Arraso, umma! I'll call you later. I'm going back to practice! ^^

To: DongHae
From: HyunMi

Yah, I'm not your umma >< keke, arraso, fighting! ^^

I put my phone down and went back to practicing. We were in a middle of a song when our manager walked into the room. We stopped the music and took another break.  I headed over to our manager while patting my face with a dry towel.

"DongHae, I asked the coordinators of the concert and they agreed," he said. My heart leaped for joy.

"Jinja? Yes!" I said, smiling.

"So have you decided what song to sing? 

"Of course!" I exclaimed, whispering the song into his ear.

"Ah, that's a good one. But do the members agree to sing with you too?"

"Ah... I forgot to ask..." I said, running my hand through my hair and looking over to the members.

"Don't worry, we'll help our fishy get that girl," EunHyuk said, nudging me. My ears turned red and he laughed. The other members nodded in agreement. We ended our break and continued to practice until 4. I bid goodbye to the members and headed back to HyunMi's house. I lifted up the flower pot, taking the spare keys. I entered the house to be welcomed by the smell of food. I dropped my jacket on the couch and peeked through the kitchen entrance. The love of my life stood there, her hair flowing down her back, cooking. I absentmindedly wrapped my arms around her, inhaling the scent of her hair.

"O-oppa, you're back? How was practice?" She asked, still cooking.

"Tiring. But I'm all energized because I saw you," I said, a smile forming on my lips. She giggled and I let go of her. 

"What are you making?" I asked, looking over to the pot that was boiling on the stove.

"Chicken doritang, your favourite," she replied. I blushed in response. How'd she know? She turned to me and smiled. 

"Are you wondering how I know?" She asked, grinning, "I'm your fan, remember?" I blushed at her remark and nodded.

"Aigoo, oppa is so cute!" She said, pinching my cheek. I frowned and she laughed, turning back to cooking. 

"Set the table and wait outside~" she said sweetly, focused on her cooking. Nodding, I took the dishes and set them onto the table. I sat down, glancing around the room. Pictures of HyunMi were all around the house, as well as her younger sister. I stood up and walked over to a picture that caught my attention. A 6 year old HyunMi was wearing her hair in pig tails and sitting on the swing. I traced my fingers along the picture when HyunMi came behind me.

"I was cute, wasn't I?" She said, smiling at me.

"Y-you scared me!" I exclaimed, my heart nearly beating out of my chest.

"Wae? Were you doing something you weren't supposed to do?" She asked innocently.

"A-Ani," I stuttered. My eyes caught sight of the food on the table. 

"Let's eat," I said, pulling her towards the food. My stomach grumbled and she laughed. 

"Aigoo, oppa, why are you always so hungry?" She teased, "I'll have to feed you until your tummy bursts," she laughed, "Luckily I decided to make some food for you; I knew you would've wanted to eat," she said. I pinched her cheek and sat down. I began eating and realized HyunMi wasn't. Instead, she was watching me.

"Why aren't you eating?" 

"Ani, I'm not hungry, you eat," she replied, pushing the bowl of rice towards me. I nodded and continued eating, stuffing my face with HyunMi's yummy dishes. I finished eating and exhaled loudly.

"Aigoo, I'm so full," I said, rubbing my tummy, "if you keep feeding me these delicious foods, I'm going to become fat!" I exclaimed, laughing. She smacked my hand off my stomach.

"Don't do that! Your tummy will get big. You wouldn't want your fans to see that, now would you?" She laughed and cleaned up the dishes.

"Ah... Jinja? I never knew," I said, following her into the kitchen. She placed the dishes into the sink and the running water. 

"HyunMi, I'll do the dishes. You wash up, arraso?" She nodded and headed upstairs. I soon finished and headed upstairs. The bathroom door opened, revealing HyunMi drying her hair. She was in her PJ’s, but she was still breathtaking.

"Oppa, you go wash up too," she said. I nodded and headed to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror on the bathroom wall and stared into my own eyes. Tomorrow as the day I would ask HyunMi to be my girlfriend; to be mine. I smiled and showered. Soon after, I headed downstairs and sat next to HyunMi, who was watching Panda & Hedgehog again. She looked over and frowned, and threw we towel over my damp hair.

"Tomorrow's the concert; you can't get sick, arraso?" She smiled at me. I nodded and smiled back.

"Oppa, I'm tired. I'm going to sleep now," she said, standing up. 

"Really? Okay then," I said, "I'll go to sleep too." 
We walked upstairs and I tucked her into bed. 

"Just like a kid..." I muttered under my breath.

"What?" She said, looking at me with innocent eyes.

"Nothing," I said, nearly blushing, "and also, I'm going to leave early tomorrow so I might not have to time to take you to school. I'll see you before the concert, promise," I said, holding out my pinky. She smiled and intertwined hers with mine. My heart fluttered at her touch. She lay down and said goodnight. I wanted to kiss her goodnight but... That was just an exception yesterday. I have to wait until she says yes to me, I thought. I took one last look at her and went back to my room and sat on the bed, when a call came. I looked at the phone and realized it was HyukJae.

"Hyung~" I sang in a whisper, "what is it?"

"Excited for tomorrow?" He asked through the phone. I nodded, even though he wouldn't see me.

"Yeah, can't wait!" I said excitedly.

"Our fishy has grown up and found a girl~" he sang. I heard the other members laughing in the background; I must've been on speaker. 

"Don't worry hyung, I'll introduce you to a girl soon; I'm sure you'll love her," I retorted at him.

"B-bwo? (What?)" He replied, flustered. 

"Annyeong~" I said before hanging up. I out the phone on the bedside table and pulled the covers over my shoulders. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.


Yaay ! I finally updated ;D; I'm sorry to you all for not updating ;~; I've been busy with school stuff so yeah ... but I'm working on the next chapter already so there might be a another chapter soon :D Thank you to my current subscribers ! Please do subscribe and upvote if you like this story :) Remember more comments = faster updates , right ? ^^ (but I haven't been doing that .. im being a bad author D: but I promise I'll start doing that)

Annyeong for now ~

Nomnomnom <3