Prince Charming

Fate Led Me to You

 

HyunMi POV 
 

The familiar guy was... Super Junior's Henry? What was he doing here? He quickly picked up my books and handed them to me.
 

"HyunMi, don't you remember me?" He asked with a pout. What? How does he know my name?
 

"Henry, how do you know my name?" I asked, surprised. 
 

"You sure do have bad memory," he said, poking at my head gently. I tried to recall our past but nothing came up.
 

"I used to go to your house all the time!" He exclaimed. And then it hit me. 
 

"Ah! We used to have imaginary pets and we would take them for walks!" I said. He nodded excitedly in response. 
 

"Where did you go? You suddenly disappeared without saying a word. You changed so much!  Do you know how devastated I was when my best friend left me? I would have never thought you'd become an idol!" I said, punching his arm playfully.
 

"Sorry! I didn't have a choice... but on the bright side, now I can speak Korean too!" He said.
 

"That's great," I smiled. Then I realized I still had to go the class.
 

"Henry I'll talk to you later! I need to go to class!" I said as I began walking away. He pulled me back.
 

"Wait, let's exchange phone numbers first!" I laughed and handed him my phone. He looked at the wallpaper and chuckled.
 

"Ah, so you're the girl DongHae met," He said. I looked up from my phone and gave him a questioning look.
 

"DongHae said he met a girl. He told me your name and I knew it sounded familiar," he said, punching in his number into my contacts list. I nodded slightly. DongHae talked about me? Why?
 

"Well you better hurry onto class then," he said. 
 

"Arraso," I said, smiling at him, "I'll see you at the concert!"
 

He nodded and waved as we headed our separate ways. I entered the class right when the bell rang. I sighed in relief and headed to my seat, when a text came.

HyunMi? I was checking if this is the right number. It's Henry by the way ^^

To: Henry
From: HyunMi

Hello, this is the right number ^^ I was wondering... What are you doing at my school?

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

Is it wrong to visit my old school? ^^ keke

Oh right... He used to go here. That is, until he left. That's when I realized we were texting and talking in English.

To: Henry
From: HyunMi

Oh right. I forgot you went here ^^

To: HyunMi 
From: Henry

Still a forgetful girl... Like I last remember you. Haha ^^

To: Henry
From: HyunMi

No >< I'll talk to you later, class is starting. Bye for now ^^

To: HyunMi 
From: Henry

Okayy ^^ I'll talk to you later then. And we need to catch up!  Btw, I need to visit one of my old teachers. Is Ms. Wilson still a teacher here?

To: Henry 
From: HyunMi

Okayy ~ and yup ^^ room 305, if you were wondering.

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

Okayy, thank you!

I placed my phone back into my pocket as I glanced at the clock. 1:29. I sighed and tried to focus on the white board, though I couldn't. Why did DongHae tell everyone about me? Did he... Like me, like SoEun said? No, he said that he didn't like you; you were just a friend. I shook the thought away and began doodling in my book. I flipped through my sketchbook and found drawn pictures of DongHae. I slightly smiled and started on a new sketch. I began drawing the bear he gave me. I sighed again and put down the pencil. The bell soon rang and another text came.

To: HyunMi
From: SoEun

HyunMi-ah! I'm not going to walk home with you today, so you don't have to wait for me after school. I need to go somewhere ^^

To: SoEun 
From: HyunMi

Arraso ^^ have fun wherever you're going!

I put my phone away and headed to my next class, when my stomach started hurting.

DongHae POV
 

I headed to the cafe SoEun and I decided to meet at. I entered the shop and looked around; there was even ice cream. HyunMi loved ice cream. My heart ached and shrugged off the thought. I sat down at a small table and scanned the menu. I ordered myself a vanilla latte and put my headphones in; drowning my complicated thoughts out. I soon felt a tap on my shoulders and realized it was SoEun.

"Annyeonghasaeyo!" She exclaimed. 
 

"Annyeong!" I said back, "we can start using banmal if you'd like," I chuckled. 
 

"Arraso," she said, nodding. 
 

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked her, sipping my coffee. She shook her head.
 

"Ani, I'm fine," she said, so what is the favour you'd like to ask me?" She asked curiously. 
 

"Mm... It's kinda... Embarrassing..." I trailed off, rubbing the back of my neck.
 

"It's about HyunMi, isn't it?" She asked me, grinning, which caught me off guard. I nearly choked on my coffee. How did she know?
 

"A-Ani!" I stuttered, surprised.
 

"Aigoo, you do like her," she grinned. I looked down at my drink in embarrassment.
 

"I was right!" She exclaimed happily, "HyunMi thought you didn't like her, that's why she's acting like she's tired."  I raised my eyebrows, surprised.
 

"Jinja? Where'd she get that idea?" I asked, confused.
 

"Yah, how can you not know? You were talking to Hyukkie- I mean EunHyuk about her, and you called her just a friend!" She said, blushing slightly when she said Hyukkie. So that's why she acted coldly towards me... Bur why did she have such a big reaction to it? Did she like me back?
 

"Ah..." I said, "I have to clear things up with her then. Oh, and I'm going to surprise her at the concert. That's the favour I was about to ask you."
 

"What is it?" She asked, curious.
 

"I was thinking of asking her to be my girlfriend at the concert..." I said, slightly blushing.
 

"Omo! That's so sweet! So what am I supposed to do?" 
 

"I was wondering what were her favourite things? So i can do something she really likes at the concert! Things like her favourite colour, flower, food..." I trailed off, giving her an idea about what I need to know. 
 

"Oh, I'll just write it down for you! Do you have a piece of paper and a pen?" She asked. I nodded and handed her the utensils. She started to write on the piece of paper and not long after, she handed it to me.
 

"Here. These are her favourite things," she said.
 

"But SoEun, I was wondering... Does she like me back?" I asked, anticipating for the answer 'yes'.
 

"Read the paper first. You'll see," she said, smirking. I looked at the piece of paper.

Favourite colour: purple, pink, blue
Favourite food: sweet things (desserts, ice cream)
Favourite flower: roses (any type)
Favourite animal: dogs
Favourite places: the beach
Favourite person: Lee DongHae

My face turned crimson when I read my name. She liked me? Assa! I looked up to SoEun to see her laughing.
 

"I can't believe you didn't know, DongHae-ssi! You're like her life, you know?" 
 

"I really didn't know..." I smiled sheepishly. 
 

"Aigoo, what a lucky girl HyunMi is..." She said. Then it I remembered. SoEun liked Hyukkie.
 

"Do you want to meet Hyukkie?" I asked, a smile forming on my lips. Her face burned bright pink and she avoided my gaze. I chuckled at her reaction.
 

"Arraso, I'll introduce you to him on the day of the concert; to say my thanks to you," I said. She nodded in response. 
 

"But DongHae, there is something you need to know about HyunMi," she said, serious, "it's about her past love life." 
 

"What about it?" 
 

"Well, a couple years ago, she really liked this guy, even though he was a player and all. So she decided to confess him one day, and he said yes. They started dating and I knew he was just playing with her; I tried persuading her to think twice about being with him, but it was too late.  HyunMi saw him making out with this other girl and right there and then, she hasn't loved or had feelings for anyone else. She became depressed and cried for who knows how long, day after day. Until one day, she found out about you. Even though you were an idol, she still had feelings for you as if she met you before. That's when her heart began to mend and become like she is today. The reason I told you this story was because I really want you to realize how much HyunMi likes you. And, I don't want you to hurt her like the guy did in the past. HyunMi is a sensitive girl with a sad history, despite her cheerful and strong exterior. You know how her father left her when she was 8, right?  A young girl at that age should have been happy, though she was always quiet and didn't talk much.  The guy that cheated on her was her first love, and she thought he would be the pathway to her happiness; yet it turned out to be the opposite.  She hides her feelings so it won't affect the people around her.  And that is why, YOU," she pointed to me, "must treat her well.  I don't want her to become depressed again.  I can trust you with that, right?" she said.  I nodded as my heart ached from the story.  I will never, ever treat HyunMi like that, I promised myself.  I looked outside the window and realized that the sun was setting.
 

"It's 6 already and it's getting dark... You should go home now. Do you need me to take you?" I asked.
 

"Ani, kwenchana," She said, standing up and slinging her bag over her shoulder.
 

"Arraso. Thanks for helping me. I'll see you at the concert!" I said as we parted ways. I decided to walk to HyunMi's house to see if she was home already. I walked past her school and headed to her house, when I heard a high pitched scream. I follow the scream to find a man hovering over a girl with other men standing around, laughing and watching. I got a better glimpse I realized it was HyunMi. Her shirt was somewhat ripped open. My blood boiled. Anger built within me as I stomped over there and threw my fist at the guy with red hair, who was the one hovering over her. He fell back but stood up, blood forming at the corner of his mouth. HyunMi stared at me, shocked.
 

"OPPA!" She cried, scared out of her wits as I hugged her. 
 

"HyunMi, kwenchana?" I hugged her tight and pulled her shirt together as the men came closer. She nodded and slightly smiled. The smile that warmed my heart. 

"Leave, before I break your bones to bits," I threatened them. They just smirked in response.
 

"Oh I'm so scared," one of them said, whom I gave a death glare to.
 

"Well, well, well," The red head said, smirking, "prince charming is going to save his princess now, isn't he?
 

"Yeah, no one touches my princess except me," I said, anger bubbling within myself.
 

"We'll just have to see about that," one of them said, attempting to throw a fist at me. 
 

I caught it and twisted his arm, causing him to yelp on pain. Another man tried to attack me from behind. I turned around and kicked in the the groin. He groaned in pain and fell to his knees. The red head smirked and threw a punch at me, causing me to lose my balance for a few seconds. I heard glass shatter and I looked up. He was holding a broken glass bottle with sharp edges. He swiped the bottle towards me and scratched my arm, revealing bloody gashes. I gained my balance and gave him the a punch with all my strength. He toppled over but managed to stand up again with much effort. I punched him again, and this time, he fell to the floor, unconscious. The other two ran off as I helped HyunMi to her feet. She hugged me tight and cried. I brushed her hair with my hands and felt butterflies in my stomach. 

 

"Don't cry, I'm here. You're okay now," I said softly. She pulled away and stared at me with her teary eyes. 
 

"You're hurt," she said, referring to my cut arm, "lets go back to my house so I can clean you up," she said. I nodded held her hand, walking her back to her house. We arrived at her doorsteps and we walked in. She quickly put her bag down and rushed to the kitchen to get a first aid kit. I sat down on the couch and the tv. I flipped through the channels and nothing caught my attention so I turned it off. HyunMi sat next to me and poured some alcohol into a cotton pad and began dabbing the corner of my lips. I closed my eyes and winced in pain.
 

"Kwenchana? Does it hurt?" She asked, worried. I shook my head and her eyebrows creased.
 

"Just hold it in for a minute," she said, continuing to dab the cotton pad on my face. I stared at her perfect and concentrated face. She turned around and took out a small bandage and placed it on my mouth. She looked over to my arm and looked at me. 
 

"Can you handle the pain?" She asked, eyeing the wound and bit her lips. I nodded took off my shirt, wearing only a white wifebeater. She poured some alcohol over another cotton pad. She began dabbing at my arm and I winced in pain. It stung really bad, but I tried my best to endure it for HyunMi, so it wasn't difficult for her clean my wound.  She finally stopped dabbing and dressed my arm. She tied it so it was snug, and closed the first aid kit. 
 

"Gomawo, oppa," she said.
 

"Ani, it's nothing," I replied, "are you okay?" She nodded her head.
 

"Back there... When you said I was your princess... Did you mean it?" She asked, not looking up. I cleared my throat.
 

"Uhm... Ne..." I admitted. She looked up with a sparkle to her eyes. 
 

"Jinja?" She said, smiling. I nodded. Then, she suddenly clenched her stomach and ran to the bathroom. I knocked on the door.
 

"HyunMi, kwenchana?" I knocked on the door, worried about what was happening.
 

"Ani... I'm okay oppa..." She said with a weak voice. 
 

"What's wrong?" I questioned her.
 

"Oppa... I think I'm on my... Monthly thing..." She said quietly. What monthly thing?  I searched through my head, to find out what she was talking about.  Then it hit me and my face grew warm.
 

"O-Oh, do you need anything?" I stuttered nervously.
 

"I think I ran out..." She trailed off. Crap, I thought. 
 

"I-I'll help you get more then; what type do you need?" I asked shyly.
 

"The one in the pink package... You can't miss it," she replied.
 

"Arraso, I'll be back soon so stay put," I said, leaving the house. I went to a nearby supermarket and walked down the women's hygiene aisle, pulling my hood over my head.  I never thought I would have to go down this aisle alone, I thought. I scanned through the different packages and found a pink one. Luckily, it was the only pink package on the whole shelf. I quickly got two and walked quickly to the cashier. I placed down the packages and and avoided the cashier's gaze. 
 

"Buying this for your girlfriend, huh?" He asked casually. Even though I wasn't fluent in English, I knew what he meant. I cleared my throat in embarrassment and managed the nod my head. I headed back to HyunMi's house and unlocked the door. I went to the bathroom to hear her groaning in pain.
 

"HyunMi, I'm back. Do you need anything else? Does it hurt a lot?" I asked worriedly. Of course it hurts a lot you fool, why would she be groaning? 
 

"Ne oppa... I'm okay. Did you buy the things?" She asked with a weak voice. 
 

"Yeah, do you want something warm to put on your tummy?" 
 

"Ne... That'd be nice. You can leave the things at the door," she replied.
 

"Arraso," I said, placing the items on the floor. I headed to the kitchen to fill a water bottle with hot water. HyunMi soon came out, with pale translucent skin. It was almost so see through that I could see the blood in her cheeks. Her lips were a light pink and she looked really tired. She walked over to the couch and sat down, holding her stomach. I walked over to her and handed her the water bottle. She placed it against her stomach and sighed in relief.
 

"That feels better," she said, slightly smiling. I stared at her and smiled.  Even though she looked sick, she was still beautiful to me.  She looked over to me and raised her eyebrows.
 

"Wae?" She asked curiously.
 

"Nothing," I said," do you want anything to drink?"
 

"Mm... Some warm milk please," she smiled at me. I nodded and headed to the fridge, taking out the carton of milk. I placed it on the counter and found a note stuck to the table. I peeled it off and handed it to HyunMi.
 

"HyunMi-ah, I found this note. It's from your mom," I said. She quickly scanned over the note.
 

"Oh, she's out of town," she said. 
 

"Jinja?" I said.
 

"Ne... HyunJi is gone the whole week too,"
 

"Then... You're alone at home?" I asked her.
 

"Seems like it," she said, putting the note back onto the table.
 

"Do you want me to stay with you then?" I asked, hoping she would say yes. She looked at me with eagerness.
 

"Jinja? Aren't you busy with schedules and stuff?" She asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice.
 

"Mm... Just in the day time. After school I can spend time with you," I said, pinching her cheeks. She nodded happily as I walked back towards to kitchen to get the milk. I warmed it up in the microwave and came out of the kitchen. I handed the cup to her as she sipped quietly. She placed her cup down and stood up. 
 

"Oppa, do you want to eat something? I'll cook," she offered and I nodded my head.
 

"I'll help," I said.
 

"Ani, kwenchana. Is omurice good?" She asked, smiling. I nodded excitedly and she laughed, still holding the water bottle against her stomach. I sat on the couch as I flipped through the channel, bored. The aroma of food filled the house. I stood up and headed to the kitchen, and stopped at the door. I watched HyunMi cook; which she seemed really good at doing. My heart skipped a beat as I watched her carry herself around the kitchen, adding difference ingredients to the rice. I subconsciously went over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder. I felt her body stiffen to my actions, but she soon relaxed. I let go and looked at the rice.
 

"It looks good," I said, as my stomach grumbled from hunger. She laughed and poked my stomach.
 

"Aigoo, you must be hungry," she stated, giggling, it's almost done, wait outside."
 

I obeyed and sat myself down on the couch.  Soon, HyunMi came out with two plates of omurice.

I stared at the dishes in amazement.  

"Mian it might not taste good..." she said, biting her fork.  I cut a piece and tried some.  It was like heaven.  The eggs went really well with the ketchup, and the rice was well flavoured, too.  I looked over to her and shook my head.

"It tastes amazing!" I said, quickly eating.  She laughed and started eating.  I soon finished my share and HyunMi still had about half left.  She saw me looking over to her plate and she placed it on my lap.  

"You can have it, if you'd like," she said, smiling.

"Jinja?  Aren't you hungry?" I asked, staring at the delicious meal.  She shook her head.

"Ani, I don't have much of an appetite right now.  You can eat it, oppa, you need the energy," she said.

I felt guilty about eating her share, but I was too hungry.  I finished the food and offered to help wash the dishes.  She rinsed while I washed.  I felt like fooling around, and I dipped my finger into the bubbles and put some on her nose.  She pouted and splashed water at me.  

"Yah!" she said, as I splashed water back at her.  I laughed at her expression and we had a mini water fight.  She nearly slipped backwards but I caught her in time.  We stared at each other, like the day in her room.  I leaned down and she closed her eyes.  Our lips finally met, sending a jolt of electricity through my body.  My thin lips against her plump lips, our bodies pressed against each other, our eyes closed.  I wish we could stay in this moment forever.  I suddenly pulled away and lifted her back to her feet.  I coughed in embarrassment and I went to get a cup of water to drink.  We continued to do the dishes in silence.  We finally finished and headed upstairs.  HyunMi went to wash up, while I went to the guest room to wash up.  I came out of the shower and started drying my hair as I walked downstairs.  HyunMi was sitting on the couch, hugging a pillow and watching a drama.  I walked down the stairs and realized she was watching Panda & Hedgehog, the drama I starred in.  I cleared my throat and she turned around.  

"Ah, oppa, I see you're done washing," she said. I nodded and sat on the couch next to her.  She continued watching and laid her head on my shoulders.  My heart skipped a beat, though I managed to calm myself.  We watched the drama in silence, and I kept feeling awkward when I appeared on screen; which was almost every scene.  I soon heard slight snoring and I looked over beside me.  HyunMi was sleeping, like an angel.  I carried her bridal style to her room and lifted the blankets to her shoulders.  I stared down at her and my eyes traced along the features of her face.  I smiled and kissed her forehead before leaving the room.  I turned off the lights in the house and in her room, and headed to mine.  I laid on my bed and called EunHyuk.

"Yobeosaeyo?" he answered his phone.

"Hyukkie~" I said, using aegyo.

"What is it, fishy?" he asked.

"I'm staying over at HyunMi's again.  Tell Teukie hyung," I admitted.

"Aigoo, is our fishy moving out now?" EunHyuk teased.

"Ani!  I'm just staying here because there's no one at her house," I argued.

"Whatever you say~" he sang.

"I'm hanging up, monkey.  And by the way, I want you to meet someone on the day of the concert," I said.

"Who-" he began, but I hung up before listening to the rest of his sentence.  There, I'll leave you curious because of your teasing!

Suddenly, I heard a scream that sent a shiver down my back.  I hurried to HyunMi's room, to see her sitting up, beads of sweat on her forehead.  I rushed to her side and hugged her tight.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worry in my voice.

"T-The incident that happened today... I dreamt it again..." she shivered and hugged me back, burying her face in my chest.  I tightened my embrace around her and laid on her bed frame.

"Do want me to sleep with you tonight?" I asked her.  She nodded quickly in response as I tucked both of us under the blanket, my arms around her.

"Good night, HyunMi," I said softly, kissing her hair.

"Good night, oppa," she replied, snuggling closer to me.  It felt as if we were a couple, even though we weren't yet.  I rested my chin on her head and drifted off to dream land, with the love of my life in my arms.

 


YAAY . i finally updated with a LONGGG chap :D remember to subscribe and comment so I know your thoughts on this story ^^ thanks to my current subbies ~ i felt like updating for you guys before i went to sleep ^^ also, comment more = faster updates , yes ? annyeong for now ~ 

Have you guys watched the new EunHae 'I Wanna Dance' mv yet ? ;D; it's so AWESOME . Donghae looks so perfect ;~;

Attractive Hae @____@ (oh wait he's always attractive)