The Helpful Leader

Action!

No One’s POV

Baekho stood there, staring at Ren as he silently worked on his lyrics. Dabbling in song writing was something that they started to do, but none of them ever felt confident enough to show their managers or show it to each other. It was just past time, something to do while they waited for their next schedule or to pass the time in waiting rooms.

Today though, Ren was doing it because he was upset and he could tell. Ren had the pen in a death grip as he wrote and Baekho was sure that if the paper could talk, it would be screaming with how harshly Ren was treating it. He wanted so badly to go over there and talk to the other, but he didn’t know what to say. Well he could have said sorry, but he didn’t feel like he should give in like that when it was Ren’s fault to begin with. If the other hadn’t been so secretive and worried, Baekho wouldn’t have done what he had done because they already would have talked about what the problem was.

“Just do it.” Baekho jumped as JR stood there, glaring at him. He wasn’t sure when JR got over his issues of homouality (or well mostly over them), but he wasn’t liking it now. Their normally quiet leader was now butting his way into his issues and it was starting to rub him the wrong way. What the hell did JR know about a relationship anyway? It wasn’t like he had been in any before.

“I’m not apologizing to someone who is at fault.” Baekho hissed lowly and turned away from Ren. JR sighed and shook his head.

“Baekho, if you really love Ren, then regardless of who is at fault, you’ll go over there, apologize and make up with him.” JR said and smirked. “Unless, you’re giving up, and I can take him.” He said. Baekho’s eyes widened at that before going back to normal. He let out a snort and shook his head.

“What the hell JR? I thought you weren’t gay. Why do you think you could have Ren?” Baekho asked.

“Why not? He’s cute, adorable, and a wonderful person to be around.” JR said and shrugged. “I guess maybe I was doing what you did. I was just denying everything.”  Baekho didn’t believe that for a second. But JR did seem interested in Ren and Baekho wasn’t sure how that made him feel. He wasn’t jealous, but at the same time, he didn’t want to give Ren up. He did love the other and he wanted things to work out with him. But something was just holding him back and he didn’t know what it was.

“You think you can handle him? He’s a lot of work. And he won’t put out either. So don’t mention around him.”

JR looked at him for a moment and nodded. The other saw this as an opportunity. His close friends were slowly drifting apart and a love that had been so blind was falling to pieces. He didn’t think that it should happen. He saw how happy Baekho made Ren. He also knew how sad the other could make Ren feel. They were such strong feelings and he was sure, deep down, Baekho was affected by this, even if he was trying to play it off. Maybe he just needed to lose Ren for good. Though it wouldn’t be for good, but it would be a good lesson. Last time, all Ren did was run away. And sure that made Baekho realize that he hurt Ren and that he cared about the other and maybe even realize he loved him some. But if he lost Ren to another man, that would be even more powerful.

“Fine.” JR said. He left Baekho then and moved to the table Ren was sitting at and sat next to him. Getting the other’s attention, he started a small conversation, all the while noting Baekho’s reaction. But the other just stared on uninterested and eventually Baekho left. Honestly, what the hell was going on?

~*~

JR’s POV

I don’t know why I said that, or why I’m here talking with Ren, but I know in some way, I have to help the two get back together. Ren was cute, yes, but I don’t think I like him like that. Someone else, maybe, but not Ren. He was like a little brother to me and I loved him greatly, gay or not.

“You should talk to him.” I said and watched as he wrote. The pen didn’t stop moving, though I noticed the way the veins pulsed in his hand and wrist as he tensed for a moment.

“No.”

“Rennie.” I sighed and rested my elbow on the table, my head in my hand. “I know he hurt you, but you weren’t really helping the situation yourself.”

“What would you know?” Ren snorted.

“A lot. You know Minhyun can’t keep a secret when he’s angry.” Ren paused and looked up at me. His eyes rolled as he looked back down and started writing again.

“Go figure.” He muttered.

“Ren. I understand that you’re having issues with . And I don’t blame you. I’m having issues of thinking of…gay .” I said and laughed nervously. “But closing up and not talking about it doesn’t solve the problem.”

“What would you know? Have you been in a relationship before?” Ren snapped at me, cold brown eyes turning to me. I paused at that and I felt hurt. I didn’t like that he was being so mean to me, but I supposed I asked for it, talking like I was.

“No.” I answer. Reaching out, I stopped his hand from writing, and how he managed to still write while looking at me was beyond me. “But Ren, you are something really special. Even I can see that, because we’re friends.” I said.

“Yeah, well obviously I’m nothing to Baekho.” He said and shook my hand off and went back to writing. I sighed and leaned back, staring up at the ceiling.

“For s sake Ren!” I shouted. I was so fed up of everything!  He was being stubborn, Baekho was being stubborn and Aron was stuck babysitting the still angry Minhyun. Ren jumped and looked at me in shock.

“Baekho loves you! And he didn’t know how to act when you were so cold to him suddenly! It’s your fault, but that doesn’t excuse him either! He didn’t need to act like he did, but he didn’t know what else to do to try and tell you that he wasn’t happy with the way you were acting.” I said.

“And how the hell do you know that? Did he tell you that?” Ren snapped at me.

“No!” I screamed. “But damn it isn’t it obvious?!”  He stared at me, confused. “The two of you can’t communicate with each other and you’re both causing your own misery. So it up and talk to him and tell him what you’re feeling! He already knows this is all about having . So just be open and talk to him!” He looked away then and was silent. I knew I was yelling and I knew the other people on the rooms next to us probably heard us. But what was I to do? I was at a loss and I just wanted this to end. I wanted everything to go back to the way it was; with Baekho and Ren being close and Minhyun and me close and Aron was just….Aron.

Why can’t it be like it used to be? Why did emotions things up so badly?

“I’m scared.” I barely heard the words and if it weren’t silent in the room, I would have. Ren’s meek voice was so soft, but filled with so much fear that the anger and frustration I was feeling melted away.

“Why Ren?” I asked.

“What if he hates me?” Ren asked softly. “What if he wants to get rid of me because I don’t want to have with him? I mean, he basically said that was important to him in a relationship.” He whispered and I could see the tears about to fall. “I don’t want to lose him again.” I sighed. Reaching out, I cupped his face in both my hands and lifted it, staring at him intently.

“Ren, if you don’t talk to him about it, you will lose him. He loves you Ren, but he can only take so much of this, just like you.” I told him softly. “Time is slipping by and the longer you sit here and worry about your fears, the further apart the two of you drift away.” I told him. He nodded his head slowly, but still looked unsure.

“Ren, he told me I could have you if I thought I can handle you. He was giving you away Ren. He’s at his limit. And as much as I love you, you’re nothing but a friend to me.” I said. “But I don’t want to see you lose someone you really care about. It’s time to take action.”

“JR-hyung.” Ren whispered, placing his hands over mine and gripped them, lowering them. “Thank you.” He whispered. “I’m so glad that you’re….okay with me being gay and everything that’s going on. Having your support…” he trailed off. “It means more to me than you’ll ever know.”  I smiled and nodded.

“You’re my friend Ren and I don’t want to see you hurt any more. So please, please go find him and talk to him and start mending things.” I said. “Otherwise, Aron won’t be able to keep Minhyun from killing him.” Ren laughed at that and I frowned. “You think I’m joking? Minhyun punched the hell out of him. We had to lock him in the closet.”  Ren’s eyes got wide and I nodded. Yup, that’s what happened. Minhyun was a spitfire, but oddly beautiful when he was angry.

What? Where the hell did that thought come from. Shaking my head, I sighed. “Go Ren.”  He smiled and nodded. Standing, he released my hands and headed for the door. I don’t know where Baekho went, but I knew Ren would find him. It would be fate that no matter what, they always met. They were made for each other. I think I’ve always known that, ever since we all first formed our group.

I just hope it’s not too late to save their relationship that has barely started.