The Pillow Fight

Action!

 

Aron’s POV

 

I couldn’t stop laughing all the way back to the dorm. Ren and Baekho had locked JR in the bathroom. That was ing hilarious. Thankfully our leader had a good personality and sense of humor and wasn’t that upset. At least he had been locked up when he had to go, so it wasn’t like it was an inconvenience to him. He had his phone too and was playing games on it, so he had been entertained.

Walking into Minhyun’s room, I sat at his desk, grinning. He stared at me with a matching grin. We still couldn’t get over it. We knew what the two had been up too. They hadn’t been sneaky, or very quiet. Apparently Baekho and Ren missed Spy 101.

“I can’t believe them.” Minhyun said, shaking his head. He sat on his bed, legs dangling over the edge as he leaned back against the wall. “What is wrong with them?”

“They’re just crazy.” I said and waved my hand. Sighing, I stared at him and I was probably a bit obvious, but I couldn’t help it. He was just so damn beautiful. He was perfect really, right down to every hair on his head. Beautiful eyes, perfect smile. He smelled good to, and it was hard to get a sniff in unless we were doing fan service.

“I don’t know who they thought they were kidding, trying to put us together like that.” Minhyun said. “I’m not like.” He said as he glanced at me. “Are you?” he asked.

I raised a brow before shrugging. “You want the truth or a lie?” I asked.

“Depends.”

“On what?”

“If I would like the truthful answer better than the lie.” Minhyun responded.

I had to think on that one. Would he like the lie better than the truth? I’m almost certain Minhyun was gay, or at least like me. He had to be; otherwise, would Ren and Baekho go through so much trouble to set us up alone and play matchmaker? I suppose the truth then.

“Well if ‘like that’ means gay,” I said, quoting his words with my fingers, “then no I’m not like that.” I said. “Not completely at least.” I added.

“Not completely?” he asked. The confused face he made was adorable that I wanted to reach out and pinch his cheeks, so I did. “Yah! Stop that hurts!” he said and smacked my hands away as I laughed.

“Not completely. I don’t solely like guys. I like both sides.” I said.

“So you’re biual?” Minhyun asked.

“I like the term open minded.” I said and grinned as he rolled his eyes. “So, I told you the truth, what about you? Are you really as straight and narrow as you want us to believe?” The blush that stained his cheeks was all the answer I needed before he even thought of what to say.

“There’s nothing wrong with being tidy!” he told me for the millionth time. Little mother hen. I swear if he weren’t so damn adorable he would be annoying.

“I’m not talking about that and you know it. Answer my question.”  Minhyun was silent for a long while. He was thinking hard, and I had to wonder, how hard was it to simply say yes?

“Minnie.” I pressed.

“Yes okay?” he finally answered, looking away. “I’m gay.” He whispered. I smiled. Yes! Now I knew for sure. Now all I had to do was work my magic on him.

“You know there is nothing wrong with being gay right?” I asked.

He snorted and looked back at me. “Tell that to the rest of the world.” He told me and I grinned. “We’re not in America! It’s different here!”

“Yeah, but do you see me judging you?”

“Yeah, but you like guys too.” He pointed out and I nodded. So maybe I was a bit bias on that matter.

“Well you don’t see Ren and Baekho judging do you? In fact, they’re more than accepting to us.” I told him. “They tried to hook us up together for god’s sake.” I said with a laugh.

“Yeah. That was pretty stupid. I mean…we don’t really know each other that well anyway.” He said.

“Exactly.” I agreed. “It would be kind of awkward right?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Minhyun said and nodded, smiling. “Besides, I think we would be better friends.” He said. I felt my chest tighten suddenly. I don’t know why. There was nothing wrong with being friends. We were still friends, and that was good. I would take being friends to be close with him over trying to be in a relationship that wouldn’t work right away. Besides, Minhyun was right. We’re not that close and I know it’s because of how we formed our other friendships.

As much as I just wanted to lean over and kiss him, I knew I couldn’t. There was hope for me and him, I know that. But it was going to take time. I had a lot of work ahead of me to get us better acquainted and draw us closer before I could even think about asking him out. But at least right now I knew that there was hope. If I kept working at it, and I would, one day maybe my dreams would come true and Minhyun could be mine.

“What about Ren and Baekho though?” Minhyun asked and I laughed again. These guys, my friends, my co-workers, how they always made me laugh. It was amazing how I was never bored.

“They are so into each other!” I said as I stared at him.

“What about Baekho’s big protest he’s not gay?”

“Oh I believe him.” I told him. Minhyun cocked his head in confusion. “Well to him he’s not gay. And I don’t think he’s really gay either, but it’s clearly obvious he and Ren have something going on.” I said. Minhyun nodded in agreement. What they had going on was the question. The way they acted afterwards, like they had the plague was funny.

“It’s like they like each other, but they don’t want to think of themselves as gay.” Minhyun said. “I think it’s so strange how that has happened. There’s a spark between them, but it’s like they don’t want acknowledge it.”

“That’s probably the truth.” I said and stared at him. “You’ve heard the concept of soul mates right? That there is someone out there that is meant for everyone and that when you find that person, no matter what gender, you know that person is meant for you and would do anything in your power to keep them with you?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Minhyun said. “You think that exists?” he asked.

“We have living proof.” I said and chuckled. “Those two are soul mates. Even when in trainee days, once they got together, they were always together. Hanging out, having fun. They act like they aren’t anything more than friends, and consciously that’s all they see themselves as. But you know, deep down, there’s a stronger connection.”

“Wow that’s deep.” Minhyun said, staring at me intently.

“It’s psychology.” I said and tapped my temple lightly with a smirk.

“Oh hyung is so smart!” he teased me.

“Oh shut up!” I said, looking away. I felt my face heating up and I didn’t want Minhyun to notice my blush. The things the other could do to me, the things he could make me feel and how he got me to react. Sometimes I thought that he and I were soul mates, but with what I knew about soul mates, it was a two sided street, not one sided. We weren’t soul mates; Minhyun was just someone I cared for deeply.

“Oh you’re blushing!” Minhyun said. He got off the bed and moved over to me. “Oh you’re so cute hyung!” he teased and pinched my cheeks. I cried out and smacked his hands away. He was smirking and I knew he was getting back at me for doing it to him early.

“Leave me alone!” I pouted and he sat back down laughing.

“If you can’t take it, don’t dish it.” He said. I smiled and rubbed my cheeks.

“Be on guard Minhyun. I’m going to get you back for that!”

“Not if I get you first.” He said.

“Oh yeah? We’ll see about that!” I said as I reached over and grabbed a pillow, hitting him. He stared at me in shock before taking another pillow and hitting me. Our pillow fight commenced then. I can’t remember the last time I had played this game and had so much fun. It was a strange, but wonderful feeling. I knew as we played, we were getting closer as friends and that made me happy.

One day Minnie would be mine and when that day came, I would spoil him like the princess he was.