The Visitor

Action!

No One’s POV

Chiko stared out the window of their dorm, watching the rain fall against the glass. It was pouring down pretty heavily, and occasionally the lights would flicker on and off like they were trying to go out, but never did. The group was scattered about their dorm, doing nothing in particular. All schedules had been canceled due to the sudden storm that swept over South Korea.

Turning, he walked over to the couch and stood behind it, watching the drama that Adrian was watching so intently. Their hyung was a weird person, that was for sure, but he was still rather cool. He was thinking of snatching up the remote and changing the channel, just to annoy the other and have something exciting happen, but before he could, the doorbell rang.

“Who could that be?” Adrian asked, staring at the door. As idols, the only people who could have their address besides themselves were their managers, producers that were going to air some sort of variety show in their dorm, their parents and a select few other idols that were close friends. But with the way the storm was raging, it seemed highly unlikely it was any of them. After all, their manager loved to call them a lot as it was.

“Don’t know.” Chiko said and smiled. “I’ll find out.” The maknae called and skipped his way to the door happily. Something exciting was happening, so of course there was a reason to be happy. He wasn’t bored anymore. Beating JaeMin to the door, he grinned as he looked through the peep hole.

“Huh?” he asked himself. This was odd. Scratching the back of his head, he quickly undid the locks and opened it partially, peeking out. He stared at the person before looking around. “No cameras?” he asked. The person on the other shook their head and Chiko nodded. “Oh, okay.” He said and smiled. He opened the door further then. “Come in Ren-hyung.” He said.

The ex-member of Nu’est stepped in; dropping the bags he had next to the shoes at the front step. He stripped off his shoes and sighed. “Is Adrian-hyung home?” he asked softly.

“Yeah.” Chiko said as he eyes the bags. “What’s going on? What’s with the bags?” he asked curiously. Ren didn’t answer though. Instead, he moved in further to the dorm. He stepped into the living room and stared at the male on the couch.

“Ren?” Adrian asked, sitting up finally and stared at the other over the back of the door. “What’s going on?” he asked.

“I…uh…” Ren took in a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart. He realized once he had gotten to the apartment that he probably just made a huge mistake, but he was so desperate for some sort of relief from the pain he felt. “I left Nu’est.”

“Left?” Adrian asked. “As in, you left to spend the night somewhere or left as in…?”

“I left the group. I’m not going to participate anymore.”  Ren clarified.

“Oh Ren.” Adrian said. He patted the spot next to him carefully and Ren moved over, taking a seat. “Why did you leave?” he asked. There was silence between them as Ren stared at the floor, looking so pained and confused.

“I just couldn’t….bare it.” He whispered. “He’s with Uee noona hyung. He’s so happy with her and he just…doesn’t notice me.” Ren said. “I feel like we’re not as close as we used to be now. So I left.” He confessed. Adrian frowned. Scooting over, he wrapped an arm around Ren’s shoulder and held him close.

“Ren…I’m so sorry.” He said gently. “But you have to admit, Baekho is a fool. Very dense he can be.” He said. “Maybe if-“

“Maybe nothing!” Ren said as tears slowly slipped from his eyes. “There is nothing to ‘maybe’ about. He doesn’t like me like that. He doesn’t notice and doesn’t care. I mean, I announced I was leaving and he didn’t even try to stop me, or ask me why.” He sobbed lightly.

“Ren.” Adrian said, but he was at a loss. He didn’t know what to tell the other. Ren has lost his hope already and nothing was going to bring it back. Maybe not even getting Baekho to see the error of his ways. Adrian was sure Baekho liked Ren, just that the other didn’t notice it. He had to do something, this was an emergency. “It’s going to be alright Rennie.” Adrian said as he hugged him gently. “You know you’re welcome to stay here for as long as you want.” He said gently.

Ren leaned into the embrace, returning it. He sobbed softly into the other’s chest. Looking up at the other, he nodded, giving a weak smile. “Thank you.” He whispered softly.  Adrian nodded and his back gently and sat back. Ren leaned against him, tears slowly stopping. They sat in silence, eyes glued to the TV. That was always a good way to keep someone distracted. 

Half an hour passed by and Adrian felt the body next to him suddenly became extremely heavy. Looking down, he stared at the sleeping face of Ren. It pained him so much to see such an innocent face streaked with tears.

“What happened with him?” Kai asked as he finally appeared from his room. He knelt in front of the couch, staring at the two.

“Man troubles.” Adrian said and looked at his friend. “Can you hand me my phone?” he asked. Nodding, Kai reached back and grabbed Adrian’s cell and handed it to him. “Thanks.” Adrian said. Unlocking it, he pulled up the camera and maneuvered the phone around at an angle and took a picture of Ren’s face. Looking it over, he nodded and sent the text off to the other members of Nu’est with a question: “Who could hurt this angel so deeply?”


Author's Note: I know it's a rather short chapter, but to make up for the shortness, I'm going to post another chapter before the days end! Maybe even in a few hours! lol