The Girlfriend

Action!

Ren’s POV

Was it possible to hate someone so much that a stare could strike them dead? I’m pretty sure it isn’t, but if it were possible, this little would be dead. Who the hell did she think she was, hitting on Baekho like that? Did she not have any manners? Probably not, she was probably raised in a barn. I know it’s not nice of me to think like that, she was a L.O. /\. E., but still!

And Baekho’s no saint either. How dare he stand there and flirt right back with her. They were like best friends, like they knew each other. Come to think of it, she was speaking Korean pretty fluently, maybe she did know Baekho? Was it a friend of his? No, a friend wouldn’t reach out and his arm like that.

Wait what?! I growled lowly and felt my body jerk forward, but it was stopped. I turned my sharp gaze to the body next to him and glared at Minhyun, whose eyes were wide.

“Ren, calm down, what’s gotten into you?” he asked softly.

What’s gotten into me? Nothing! Why would he even think something was wrong with me? Was he blind? Could he not see what was going on? Well if he couldn’t, I certainly made it clear for him.

“That!” I hissed as I motioned to the scene. Looking back at the two, I saw red as Baekho hugged her. What the was going on? My boyfriend was hugging some tramp! Was she a tramp? I don’t know, and I didn’t care to find out. She was moving in on my territory. And how dare Baekho be so nonchalant about it all. Why would he act like that with me standing by? Did he not care about my feelings?

“Chill out Ren.” Minhyun whispered. “He’s just doing it for the fans. It doesn’t mean anything.” He tried to assure me and I snorted, rolling my eyes, arms crossed over my chest.

“Yeah, well you would be the same if it were your boyfriend.” I pointed out. Minhyun stilled and looked around, searching for Aron. Yeah, that’s right, be nervous Minhyun. Aron was just like Baekho; they both still liked girls, despite being with us. And Aron was a huge ert. I’m sure if the right pair of legs crossed his path, he would drop Minhyun like a sack of potatoes and chase after that tail.

“Ren.” Minhyun sighed and shook his head, looking away.

“Oppa, will you be my boyfriend?” My heart stilled as I heard the girl speak. Slowly I turned my head and eyed her before looking to Baekho then. Even if she was a fan, the polite thing would to turn her down. Say his life was complicated, it would never work out, or they lived in two different countries….something!

“Sure!” Baekho agreed with a grin. “Take good care of me okay?” he asked. I felt my heart drop. I was pretty sure it dropped completely out of my body and into the deep, dark, abyss that was going to swallow me as well. He didn’t just agree, no, he couldn’t, he wouldn’t do that.

“Of course oppa!” she said happily and hugged him and he returned it happily. I felt tears slowly welling in my eyes. This is not what he was supposed to do! Even Aron turned down our fans when they ask him out or to be their husband or boyfriend, or anything like that. What the hell was wrong with that idiot? Did he not have a brain?

“Hey guys, meet my new girlfriend.” Baekho said and waved at us.

No, apparently he didn’t. I stood from my seat, dropping the pen in my hand. This fan signing was officially over. I turned and stormed off, shaking my head, the tears finally falling. How could Baekho be such an idiot?

“Ren!”

I didn’t stop; I kept walking until I found the restroom and walked in. Choosing a random stall, I closed the door and locked it before sitting down on the top of the toilet, covering my face as I cried. I couldn’t believe it. Why couldn’t Baekho have half a brain? Why did he go and say those things and why did he say that to me? His girlfriend? Well what about me, his boyfriend? I’m his boyfriend! Right? I was his boyfriend right?

I felt the tears come faster as I sobbed harder. What if he dumped me without telling me? What if because I didn’t want to sleep with him he left me? I didn’t think Baekho was that kind of person, but he was proving to me that I didn’t know him as well as I thought I did.

I heard a squeak and I lifted my head, trying to wipe away my tears and stay quiet. It was bad enough I was crying like a broken hearted school girl, I didn’t need to be caught doing it.

“Ren.”

I stiffened. Damn it, why was he in here? Why was he looking for me period? He looked mighty happy with his new girlfriend.

“Ren, I know you’re in here. I heard you crying.” He said. I still didn’t move and I didn’t make a sound. Maybe he would just leave if he thought I wasn’t in here. Surely he would give up rather quickly right? Not wanting to miss the opportunity of finding me before I could sneak out somehow.

“Choi Minki, answer me right now. Where are you?” I bit my lip and whimpered.

“In here.” I finally spoke softly. I couldn’t stay quiet, not when he used my real name like that. And god how I hated it when he used my name like that. I was weak when I was called Minki. I just...I don’t know what it was, but I could never refuse any call to answer, or any question asked or task given to me. I suppose it’s because my mom always used that name with me when I behaved badly or she wanted my attention. I really wasn’t a good child like I proclaimed to be, but I don’t think there is such a thing as a perfect child. I heard the door rattle and he sighed.

“Open the door Ren.” He said.

“No.” I said stubbornly, crossing my arms.

“Minki.” He said sharply and I growled. Reaching out, I turned the lock and he pushed the door open, staring at me. “You really were crying.” He whispered. “What’s wrong?” he asked. I turned to him and glared. God this man was just so ing clueless sometimes! Honestly? He didn’t know what was wrong?

“That .” I spat. He stared at me for a long moment and I don’t think he was catching on. Idiot. “You’re new ing girlfriend that’s what!” I snapped.

“Oh.” He said and cocked his head. “Why are you upset about that?” he asked.

“Why? Why do you think you moron?” I growled at him. “I’m your boyfriend! Hello, don’t you remember? Why the hell are you going around and saying you’re going to be someone else’s boyfriend and then announce the tramp to us…to me?”

“Really?” Baekho asked and crossed his arms. “You’re my boyfriend? Gee, sure hasn’t felt like it in the past few months.”  He snorted and glared at me. I stared at him, my mouth opening.

“And what does that mean exactly?” I snapped at him.

“What are you stupid? Come on Ren. You’re not sleeping in our room anymore, you don’t want me to be around you, you avoid looking at me, and touching me and being around me. For god sakes you made our manager switch you with JR in the hotel rooms. It’s like I have a disease or something.”

Oh, so he’s going to bring that up? Well I suppose I haven’t been fair to him. And I have been avoiding him. But it’s just every time I think about having with him I freeze up. I can’t…process. And if he sleeps in the same room with me, I’m not sure what would happen. I know Baekho wouldn’t force me, but he’s still a guy and we have urges that would make us lose our minds and do something stupid.

“You don’t-” I trailed off and looked away. “You don’t have a disease.” I told him.

“Really? I guess I should be glad so I don’t pass it to my girlfriend.” He said. My head whipped around and I glared at him.

“She’s not your girlfriend you idiot!” I shouted.

“And why not?” he barked. “She would probably treat me better than you.” My chest tightened. I knew it. I knew the fact that I didn’t want to have would be a problem. He was just like any other guy. A shameful, hormonal mess.

“Yeah, well I’m glad, because you won’t have me to take care of you.” I told him. I reached out and grabbed the door, trying to close it on him. He stopped it though, pressing his hand and forearm against it. Baekho was strong too, so strong. Or maybe I’m just weak. I guess no amount of time at the gym was ever going to make me strong like him.

“Ren.” He said and pushed the door back and stepped in. “Ren you know I was joking right?” he asked. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him.

“You have a morbid way of joking.” I whispered. Tears were pooling in my eyes again, but I fought them back. I didn’t want him to see me cry. That’s the last thing I wanted, was for him to feel any sort of satisfaction of hurting me.

“Rennie.” He whispered. His arms enveloped me and I struggled.

“Get off me!” I shouted, pushing him away. He stumbled back and stared at me in shock. I was in shock myself, I didn’t think I was so strong. So maybe I shouldn’t be so hard on myself about my strength.

“What the Ren?!” he shouted. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Nothing is wrong with me!” I shouted back at him.

“What do you mean nothing? One minute you’re ing head over heels for me and now you want nothing to do with me. You’re worse than a god damn woman. At least a woman would put out while being a .” He snapped.

And the tears fell, but I ignored them. Slipping off the toilet, I pushed past him. I was done. I was so done! This wasn’t the Baekho I fell in love with. This wasn’t the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. What the hell happened to him? What the hell happened to me? Why are we suddenly so different?

“Ren.” He grabbed my wrist to stop me, but I pulled away from him. Opening the restroom door, I looked back over at him, glaring through my tears.

“I don’t know what I ever saw in you, but I was stupid to see it.” I said. “It’s over. Don’t you ever talk to me again!” I stormed from the room.

Kang Baekho, I hate you!