The Helper

Action!

 

Baekho’s POV

It was strange, these feelings I had. Well they weren’t really strange, I had felt them before. Mostly when I was crushing on a girl and trying to get her to notice me. But these feelings, they weren’t for a girl. They came and went a lot, usually when I was around Ren and it was confusing. I was at a loss. I don’t think this meant I had feelings for the other, I couldn’t possibly. Ren was my friend, someone I confided in, nothing more, and nothing less. Besides, he was a guy. I don’t have anything against gay people, after all, two of my closet friends were gay, or at least one was, the other just liked to swing back and forth. I just knew that being gay, it wasn’t me and it wasn’t for me.

So then why? Why have these feelings? I needed to talk to someone and I knew just who to go and see.

~*~

“Aron.”  Pushing the door open, I walked into the room Aron shared with Minhyun. After the incident with JR acting like a jerk, the two rooms got swapped and Minhyun moved his things into the shared room, giving JR the single room so he couldn’t have to be around the “gayness” as he put it. The other was still upset about it, but Minhyun was surviving. He had Ren to be there for him.

“What?” Aron asked, looking up from his laptop. He was lying on his bed, Minhyun curled next to him, fast asleep. I cocked my head, staring at the dongsae, taking not of the tissue clutched in his hand and the tear streaks on his cheek.

“What happened?” I asked concerned.

“JR.” Aron sighed and rolled his eyes. “I don’t think this man is ever going to get over the fact that Minhyun had a crush on him. I mean, it’s okay to be freaked out a guy likes you, but to be so harsh and in front of a hyung…it’s embarrassing, and then to continue to act like that, weeks afterwards. “Aron trailed off and sighed. The other was very upset about this too, and not just because Minhyun was our friend, but because he liked the other. I don’t understand why our leader can’t see what damage he’s causing to this group.

With our comeback of Action only a few weeks old and rapidly approaching our first year anniversary, it felt like this group was going to fail before we even had the chance to shine. I blame Minki. That little brat was so negative at the beginning, he must have jinxed us. I still don’t see how JR manages to perform the song, having to trust Aron and Minhyun to catch him. Though I can understand. We were all professionals and on stage we had to act as such. We leave our personal problems back stage and perform like we should.

Anymore now, performing is our only escape from reality.

“Anyway, what did you need Baekho?” Aron asked again, hand moving and Minhyun’s hair gently. They seemed awfully cozy together, even in that state. It makes me wonder if they were closer than they were letting on.

“I need help.” I finally told him and took a seat on Minhyun’s bed, across from Aron.

“I keep telling Manager-hyung that but he won’t have you committed.” Aron teased, smirking at me. I flicked him off, rolling my eyes. He always had to make some sort of wise crack.

“No I need…help.” I said. I wasn’t sure what kind of help I needed. I just needed help, that’s all I knew. The confusion on his face matched mine perfectly. We were both at a loss at what I was talking about, but I just needed to tell him my feelings and see if he could help me.

“Alright, tell hyung what’s wrong.” He said as he closed his laptop and set it aside, giving me his full attention.

“Well.” I said. How should I start this off? “Alright.” I said and nodded to myself. “I have these feelings.” I told him. He nodded his head slowly. “And, I’m not sure what they mean.”

“Well I don’t either if you don’t tell me what you feel.” Aron said and grinned. I groaned. Damn, I knew he was going to say that.

“Well, okay you’ve liked girls in the past right?” I asked.

“Uh yeah.” Aron said and smirked. “Biual remember?” he asked. I nodded. I remembered.

“Okay, well you know those feelings you get when you see this really beautiful girl and you want to get her attention?” I asked. He looked thoughtful for a moment, and then he nodded. “Okay, we’ll I’m having those feelings.”

“Great!” Aron said and grinned. “Who’s the girl? Anyone we know? Someone from Hello Venus? After School?” I don’t know what my expression was, but whatever it was it was enough that Aron lost his enthusiasm real quick and grew more serious. “It’s not for a girl is it?”

“Ah…no.” I finally answered. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I can’t believe I’m saying this. It is just so crazy, but the more I think on the feelings, how they make me feel, the more I start to believe them. But I’m not gay! I’m not!

“Baekho.” Aron said. “You know you can tell me. I want to help.” Aron said. I sighed. I knew I could trust Aron. I should be honest with the other. We were friends after all.

“They kind of happen, around Ren.”

“Ren?” Aron asked, but he wasn’t too shocked. Instead he was smirking. Why was he smirking? “Well it’s about time.” What?

“What do you mean?” Baekho asked.

“Oh don’t play dumb. You two are way too close to only be friends. Especially after you two tried to set me and Minhyun up.” Aron said. I blushed. Damn he still remembered that. “I knew you two liked each other.”

“I don’t like him.” I protested. “He’s just my friend.”

“Right and Minhyun’s straight.” Aron said and grinned.

“I don’t!” I insisted and sighed. “I’m sure I get those feelings because he’s just so…girly. Sometimes I forget he’s got the same parts we do.” I said.

“Sometimes I wonder about that myself.” Aron teased and I laughed.

“Yah! Shut up!” Minhyun groaned, shifting on his side to cover his head with a pillow.

“Sorry Minnie.” Aron whispered. He looked back at me and sighed. “You so like him.” He said. Rolling my eyes, I stood.

“I don’t. He’s just friend. That’s it. He’s just…got to change his image. No more girly-ness. That’ll make the feelings go away. You’ll see.” I told him with a firm nod of my head.

“If you say so Baekho. But it’s all on you if you up.” Aron said.

“Like I up.” I said and grinned. “I am perfection.” I told him and flexed. Moving quickly, I dodged a pen the other threw at me and left the room, laughing. I felt better now, talking with Aron. Getting my feelings out and rationalizing them, it made everything clear. I didn’t like Ren like I like girls, I liked him because he looked like a girl. That’s all. Stupid bodily functions apparently couldn’t tell the difference between a real woman and a wannabe woman.

Oh well. It’s all straightened out now. I can move on with my life. Though, maybe I’ll drop by and see how After School noonas are doing.