The End?

Action!

Aron’s POV

 

The weekend, I thought it would never get here. Finally Baekho would be back and I could confront the other with his behavior. Not that his behavior was bad, it was just he was acting crazy. He was doing things without regard to Ren's feelings, and our reputation. He needed his intervention for sure. I sat anxiously on the couch, watching the door, jerking and twitching at every noise that echoed through the house.

"Aron."

I jumped, glancing back as Ren stood behind the couch. "What is it Rennie?" I asked.

"I'm going to gather the others. There's something I need to talk to everyone about." Ren said and sighed.

"Okay. Do you want to wait? Baekho is going to be home soon." I reminded him. He looked a bit upset at the mention of the other. I knew why, and I wish I would have kept my mouth shut, but maybe whatever the other was going say would help clear up the issues between the two of them.

"I guess. I'll get them gathered, but if he's not here by then, I'm just going to tell you all and be on my way." Ren said. I nodded and watched him leave to gather Minhyun and JR, wherever they were in the house. We were all gathered and Ren was getting ready to tell us what he wanted to say when the door to our dorm opened and luggage was dropped.

"I'm back!"

We all sat there, watching as Baekho came in, grinning happily at us. "Hey guys. I'm back." he announced again.

"We heard you the first time." Minhyun said and smiled slightly. "Welcome back. How was your trip?" he asked.

"It was amazing!" Baekho said as he came and sat, wiggling himself between me and Minhyun. "The vacation was great; the challenges were hard but entertaining." His headed nodded with each thing he said, as if verifying to himself that it was a good trip. "And Uee noona and I have gotten really close. In fact, she asked me out on a date outside of the show."

I raised a brow at that. I was happy for Baekho, but at the same time, that's not something I wanted to hear. He was ruining everything. If he keeps this up, our group is going to be torn apart. Well maybe not torn apart completely, but nearly.

"That's wonderful Baekho-hyung." Minhyun said and patted his shoulder.

"So, what have you guys been up to since I've been gone?"

"Well Aron-" Ren cut Minhyun off.

"I have something to day." Ren said firmly, avoiding staring at Baekho.

"What is it Rennie?" I asked.

"Well...I've thought on this a lot and I've decided that I'm leaving."

"Oh? So you have another place you're going to live at? Or back with your parents?" JR asked.

"No. I'm leaving...the group." Ren said and sighed softly.

"What? But you can't!" Minhyun said.

"I'm sorry. I thought on this a lot and...It’s my decision. I've already let manager-hyung know. My things are already packed and in the car." he said.

"When did you do all this?" I asked confused.

"While everyone was just...wherever." Ren said and shrugged. "I'm leaving now." he said. "I'm sorry for this, but I have to do this."

"Why?" Minhyun asked. Ren looked up at him and frowned.

"You know why." Ren answered. He turned and walked off then. We all sat in stunned silence as the door of the dorm opened and closed. I don't know how long we sat there, but it seemed like an eternity. Finally, I came back to my sense and turned to Baekho, frowning.

"This is all your fault."

 

~*~*~

 

Minhyun’s  POV

 

“You know why.” I did know why. But I never thought he would actually leave. I knew Ren was hurting with everything that was going on with Baekho, but I never thought he would honestly leave. I thought maybe, with Aron’s little intervention plan, that we could get Baekho to see what he was doing to Ren. And if anything, at least get the other to be a bit more discrete with his relationship.

But apparently that wasn’t going to happen. Instead, the male decided to waltz in and announce he had a date with Uee noona. Not that I hold anything against Baekho or Uee noona, she’s innocent in this whole thing and he’s just plain blind. Still…I just wish it didn’t have to come to this.

“This is all your fault.” I turned, listening as Aron blamed Baekho for Ren’s departure. The other gave such a confused expression on his face. He really couldn’t understand what was going on. I sighed and patted Baekho’s shoulder.

“Aron he doesn’t know.” I reminded.

“Well he should.” Aron snapped before standing and leaving.

“What? What don’t I know? What did I miss?” Baekho asked, turning to me for answers. I sighed and shook my head.

“Hyung…Ren really likes you.”

“I know. We’re best friends.” Baekho said. “This is why I don’t understand.”

“No hyung, Ren likes you.” I said once more. When I got the same ‘I know, duh’ look, I sighed. “His feelings for you are more than just friendship. He loves you.” I finally spelled it out for him. I have to say, that blond hair dye suits Baekho’s personality perfectly.

“Loves me?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yes.  And because of this show and your relationship, it’s hurting him so much that he just can’t stand to be here.” I answered.

“I’m the reason he left? No…I’m not the reason he left.” Baekho protested. “That makes no sense.”

“Sure it does. When your heart longs for someone so much and you can’t have them, it can be unbearable that you just run away.” I tried to explain.

“That’s bull.” Baekho said and I was taken aback by his words. “If that were true, you would have left when JR acted like an .”

“Hey!” JR protested and sighed. “I’m staying out of this.” He said and got up, leaving us alone.

“Not everyone acts like that Baekho. People react differently to heartbreak.”

“It’s not heartbreak!” Baekho nearly shouted. “Ren’s just being a big baby. He’s just jealous that I’m dating Uee noona and he’s not. I always knew he was jealous of me and would try and bring me down.” He said.

“You’re such an idiot!” I shouted at him and stood, glaring. “I don’t know if you and JR share the same brain cells, but you’re utterly ridiculous. You’re so blinded by your stupidity that you haven’t noticed the pain and hurt you’ve put Ren through! You’re a ing jerk!” I snapped. I turned and stormed out of there before I could say anything more. It was bad enough we were losing Ren; we didn’t need any more loss. Maybe we could salvage what was broken, but I highly doubt it.

“Yah! Don’t you talk to me like that Hwang Minhyun! Learn some manners!” Baekho shouted after me. I felt the urge to go back and start screaming at him about manners, but I refrained myself. Instead, I thought maybe I would go and try and stop Ren from leaving. Putting on my shoes, I left the dorm, running downstairs.

But when I got outside, the van and his things were gone. Ren was gone.

Nu’est is broken…