The Talk Part 1

Action!

 

No One’s POV

 

Walking through the store, Adrian sighed, staring at the apparel that greeted him. 

"Why did we come to this store?" Ren asked as he stood next to the older male of the recently new group Love Defenders. 

"I don't know. You said you wanted to talk, so I thought why not going shopping?" Adrian asked and smiled. Seemed like a logical idea to the brunette at the time. 

"Yeah, but when I said that, I thought we would go to a cafe or something.” Ren grumbled as he followed the leader down an aisle. 

"What? Are you trying to mooch off your hyung?" He teased, glancing back at the blonde. At least he had the decency to blush. 

"No. I just thought it would be more private."

Adrian glanced around the empty shop. They were the only two people in the shop, with the exception of the store owner. This was private. And they would be able to hear each other better when whispering. 

"I think it's a good place to talk." Adrian commented. Stopping in front of a shirt rack, he stared at the different colors. "So, what did you want to talk about?" 

There was silence between the two males for a long while. Adrian shuffles through the shirts, taking some out to examine them before putting them back. 

"We'll," the slightly timid voice spoke. Adrian turned then, staring down at the dongsae as the other stared at the wall next to them. "How did you know you were...well, you know."

Adrian raised a brow at that. "Know what? That I'm y, talented, going to be the ruler of the world one day?" He teased. He smiled as it brought laughter from Ren.  He sighed, knowing what Ren meant though. 

When he first became an idol, he certainly didn't let his uality stop him. He was one of the biggest skinshippers in the industry. And the company found out in a hurry that being gay didn't hurt one's career, because that's really what the fans wanted for some strange reason. He never openly admitted to be gay to the public though. Just to close friends. He felt honesty was more important between friends than appearances. 

"You want to know how I knew I was gay." The question was soft, quiet. A private one that no other ears but theirs needed to hear. 

"Yeah. Were there any signs or something?" Ren asked. It was Adrian's turn to laugh. 

"Ren-shii, it's not a disease. There are no symptoms. It doesn't happen out of the blue." He said, heaving a heavy sigh. "Well, it can seem like it comes out of the blue, but when you think back on it, you can always remember times when you're like 'oh he's hot' or 'I really wish I could be her and kiss him', things like that."

"But, isn't that weird?" Ren asked confused. Adrian could tell the other was so curious, wanting to be open, but at the same time he was fighting himself for what he knew, what he had been taught. Korean culture was much more conservative than the American culture that Adrian was from. This really was new for the blonde. 

"For some, maybe. But Ren, this is who I am. I can't change that, no matter how many people wish that I could. And really, it shouldn't matter of I like girls or guys. It doesn't change who I am. And if people can't like me for who I am, than I don't need them as friends. “He told him and smiled. 

It took a while, but the words seemed to sink in for Ren. Adrian thought the biggest thing for anyone who was faced with the possibility of coming to terms with their ual preference was to remember that those who really cared about you would always remain your friend, gay or not.

"And you're happy?" Ren asked. 

Adrian laughed and slid an arm over the other's shoulder. "Ren, I think we need to go to that cafe." He said and led the other from the shop.