The Date

Action!

Aron’s POV

 

“How’s Ren doing?” I asked, staring to my right at Minhyun. I was so nervous, so I thought I would bring up a safe topic. This was my first date since I left the states and my first date ever with another guy. I never thought Minhyun would be so receptive and actually accept it. After what happened with JR, even though the other did finally apologize, I was sure Minhyun was going to refrain from opening his heart to another.

Though, I don’t think he has really opened his heart to me, still at least I know he’s willing to go out with me and maybe again if I asked.

“He’s…doing?” Minhyun asked as he poked at his food. Turning to me, he sighed. “I don’t know what to do. He’s my best friend and he was there for me when all the issues with JR happened.” He said softly. “I feel bad that I don’t know how to help him.” I frowned a bit and nodded, taking a bit of my own dish.

“Well, I mean you are there for him. “ I said. I’ve noticed Minhyun was always around Ren, especially when the other seemed a bit more down and depressed than normal. It was just like that when Minhyun needed Ren for ‘JR Fiasco’ as I liked to call it.

“I am. Still.” He said and looked away, shaking his head. “Baekho is an idiot. He doesn’t see what this show is doing. How we have an even bigger rift now in our group. Ren really likes him.” Minhyun said and shook his head. “He even cried one night while practicing Yeoboseyo. It’s so heartbreaking.” He said softly.

Reaching out, I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and rubbed it. “He’ll get through it. Ren’s strong. “I said. I wasn’t sure though. I knew very little about Baekho’s and Ren’s friendship. I just knew they had been together since our trainee days.  A friendship like that, going through all we have gone through, is very strong. To suddenly be torn like it is…I’m not sure if Ren will get through it, or if he does that his sanity will still be intact.

“You’re right.” Minhyun said and smiled at me. “Ren’s strong, he can do this.” He said and nodded. “So, let’s switch topics okay? Let’s talk about something happy.”  I could tell I chose the wrong topic. Damn it! I thought it was safe. Now what to do we talk about? Well, what do I know about Minhyun?

This is bad.

“So, why did you ask me out?” The question threw me off guard. I don’t know how long I stared at him, but it was long enough for him to get upset over it and push me lightly.

“Huh, what?” I asked.

“Are you stupid?” Minhyun asked and I smiled, laughing lightly. It made him laugh too and suddenly, I felt at ease. At least enough to go back to eating.

“Sometimes I am.” I answered him as I thought on his question. “Honestly?” I asked.

“Well I prefer you be honest with me. That’s how relationships are built, you know? On trust.” I wanted to smack him. He had such a smart mouth sometimes. It only made me love him more.

“I like you.” I told him. Glancing at him from the corner of my eye, I watched his reaction. It was Minhyun’s turn to just stare now. After some time passed and he was still staring, I sighed. “What?”

“Nothing! I just…” he paused. “Why me?” he asked finally asked. “Why not Ren? He’s cute and sweet. Why not someone else?”

“Well god Minnie, if you don’t want me to like you then I’ll go find someone else.” I said and started to get up.

“No wait!” Minhyun said and grabbed my arm. Looking back at him, I smiled some and sat back down. “That’s not what I meant. I’m just, surprised.” He said and looked away.

“Why is that?” I asked him. I want to know why liking him would be such a surprise. It’s not that hard to look at Minhyun and just love him.

“Well, I mean…after…” he trailed off and sighed.

“Stop it.” I told him coldly. He looked up at me with a shocked expression. “We’re putting that in the past Minnie. He’s already asked for forgiveness and I understand if you never can forgive him, but let’s put this behind us.” I told him. “JR isn’t into men, so of course he’s not going to find you appealing like that. But that doesn’t mean anything.”

“How can you say that?” Minhyun asked.

“Because I’m your hyung and I can. Minnie, you’re smart, handsome and talented. You have so much going for you. You’re an attractive person if you would just believe in yourself.” I said.

“I did believe in myself, up until what happened.” Minhyun said and sighed. “And tall. You forgot tall.” He added and I snorted. Always bringing that up, the little brat.

“Yes and tall.” I said and smiled. “So I like you. I’ve always thought of asking you out, but you know. I wasn’t sure.”

“So what? You thought you wait until my heart was ripped to pieces before riding gallantly to pick them up?”  I stared at him, mouth open slightly. He read too many fantasy books. But the way he said it, it was almost hurtful. It sounded like I was trying to be the rebound guy. I’ve had my fair share of being the rebound guy and I hated it.

“No Minnie.” I said. “That’s not why I waited. I didn’t know if you were like that.” I said carefully. “But then what happened occurred and information was thrown out there. I don’t want you to think that I’m just asking you out to play the ‘hero’.” I said and sighed, picking at my food. “I do like you, Minnie and even though I hate JR and what he did, I’m glad it did happen in away. If not, I don’t think I would have ever asked you out.”

Minhyun was watching me, his gaze so intense it felt like it was burning into my soul. “Then I’m glad it happened too.” He said with a small blush. I grinned and nudged him slightly, making him giggle. I hadn’t heard Minhyun giggle in a long time. And it wasn’t the girly giggle girls do. It was a manly giggle…though I don’t know how someone could manage that. But Minhyun did. I didn’t see him as some girly gay. He wasn’t. He was still a man, acted like one all the time. But there were just some things that he did that were so ing cute!

“I’m glad then.” I said. Reaching over, I picked up some of his food and held it out to him. “Saw ‘Ah’.” I told him. Minhyun stared at the food before opening his mouth obediently and took the bit of food, eating it happily. Moving, he returned the favor and held out food for me to take. Opening my mouth, I took the offered food and chewed on it happily. For some reason the food tasted even better now that I was being fed.

This was a wonderful date. Even if it did start off rocky. Now I knew what to talk about and what to stay away from. And the best part was, even when we got home, the date didn’t have to end. We shared the same room! Damn, how did I get so lucky?

~*~*~

“Where have you two been?” JR asked as we walked into our dorm, laughing lightly.

“Out.” Minhyun answered, staring at him.

“Out where?” he pressed.

“We were on a date JR.” I said. The look that crossed his face had me bracing myself. But the other didn’t say anything. He simply turned and went back to watching TV. Shaking my head, he led Minhyun to our room and stopped him at the door.

“Gosh, I had a really great time tonight.” I said, rubbing the back of my head lightly. He laughed and smacked my arm.

“Idiot.” He said.

“Gee Minhyun, would it be alright if I came in?” Minhyun rolled his eyes and opened the door, walking in. I walked in after him and followed him to his bed. Taking Minhyun’s arm, I stopped him.

“Aron, enough with the games. I had-” I cut him off as I kissed him. After all, what was a date without the first kiss? He was still and I knew I crossed the line. Pulling back, I looked away in shame.

“Sorry.”  Silence fell between us and I sighed. Yup, I ed this up. “Yeah I’m just going to go.” I said and started for the door. I felt his hand grab my arm and I stopped, looking back at him.

“Don’t go.” He whispered, staring at me. “I had a great time tonight Aron. Thank you.” He said. He closed the distance between us and kissed me. It was short and sweet and I was in heaven. Minhyun pulled back and my hand reached up to touch my lips. They were tingling.

“Hey, any time.” I said and laughed softly. “Are you busy this weekend?”

“Hyung.” Minhyun said. “You know what my schedule is idiot. Of course I’m not busy.” He teased me and smacked my arm. Damn, he must be taking lessons from Ren. That’s just what we needed, two violent boys in our group.

“Well then, I’ll pick you up at six.” I said and grinned.

“I’ll be waiting.” Minhyun said. Nodding, I kissed his cheek before stepping back.

“I’m going to shower. So unless you want to come, you should let go of my arm.” I said. The flush that spread over the other’s face had me wanting to kiss him again. Minnie was just too adorable. If this relationship works out well, I might have issues with keeping my hands off of him.

“Sorry. Have fun showering.” He said. Nodding, I left our room and headed for the shower. I didn’t get far down the hall when Ren’s door opened and he stepped out. I stopped, staring at the red eyes and puffy face.

“Ren, what happened?” I asked. Our maknae moved and wrapped his arms around me, crying into my chest. “Ren.” I said as I held him, rubbing his back. “What’s wrong?”  The blond lifted his head and stared at me, fresh tears still falling.

“He told her…he told her liked her and asked her out hyung.” He sobbed. “He asked me what a good place to take her to was.” I frowned, knowing what Ren was talking about. If only Baekho wasn’t such a clueless idiot, that he could see what he was doing to Ren. Maybe he did know and just didn’t want to admit it. Or he was doing it on purpose? No, Baekho was an idiot, but he wasn’t mean like that.  He couldn’t be. Maybe he was just that damn clueless.

“It’s alright Ren; it’s going to be alright.” I told him, rubbing his back. I led the other back to my room and passed him off to Minhyun. I wanted to be there for Ren, but I wasn’t that good with dealing with upset people. I nearly ed up the last time I tried to be the shoulder for Minhyun to cry on. Minhyun and Ren were the best at comforting people.

Leaving the mess with Minnie, I went to take and shower and think. This was really destroying Ren and Baekho had no idea. What the hell could be done though? An intervention? Yeah, and intervention! He was supposed to be back this weekend. That’s what will do, and maybe get this sorted out. I just hope Ren can last that long.