The Savior

Action!

Adrian’s POV

I had expected to be called over to the Nu’est dorm sooner than I was. If anything, I was expecting to get a call letting me know Ren had left and if I had seen him. But I didn’t get any call like that. I suppose though, I couldn’t hold it against the boys. They just lost a vital member of the group. Granted, they all are vital members; still, Ren had been important. The cute little maknaes of groups are what really keep a band together. To lose the original and be replaced, it just never worked out. The boys needed a chance to cool off, if the angry texts responding to the picture I sent were anything to go by. But the culprit was labeled clearly.

Baekho that idiot!

When the call finally came a few days later, I went over as quickly as could. Of course, it was later in the evening because of my scheduling, but that was fine. I knew they would be waiting for me. The desperate pleas from JR to come save him from the other angry members told me so. I was braced from screaming and shouting when the door was opened. I had not expected to nearly be hit by a flying shoe. JR pushed me down as the shoe flew out of the apartment and hit the wall across the hall. I stared at him, eyes wide with terror.

“This is why I called.” He said. JR, after his incident of being homophobic had actually gotten better. I heard that he apologized to Minhyun for what he had said and how he acted and shortly after I had received my own apology. I forgave him quicker than Minhyun had. I had no ill feelings towards JR, the other acted like I knew many people would and like I had told them, he did eventually come around.

Reaching around, I grabbed the abused shoe and brought it in with me. I sat it down next to pile of shoes and took mine off before walking in. “So I take it, they’re still not happy?” I asked.

“They’ve been trying for two days now to show Baekho why it was exactly his fault, but he just doesn’t seem to get it. He usually runs off to go be with Uee and After School noonas to cry to them about the problem. But they all have schedules today, so he can’t use that excuse and they refuse to let him leave the dorm. He may look strong, but with Aron and Minhyun teaming up…they’re stronger.” JR explained. He stopped at the entrance to the living room. He motioned for me to stop as well and he peeked around the corner.

“Okay, I have no idea where they went.” He said and stepped in slowly. He jumped as he heard something hit the wall to our left.  We turned and stared in shock. Boys rough housed, that I knew. I’ve caught Kouji and Kai play fighting all the time in our dorm, but this…this looked like they were trying to kill Baekho. Well, it looked like Aron was trying to kill him, strangle him to be precise and Minhyun was aiding in the process by pinning the other down.

“Children!” I shouted. “Enough!”

The three looked to me. Aron gave me a look that dared me to try and stop him. I shot him back my own glare and took a few steps forward. He released Baekho then and got up, Minhyun following. The white tiger rolled over onto his stomach, coughing and crawled towards for safety.

“H-Hyung! T-Thank you.” He said between coughs. I looked down at him and glared, upset myself. He was the reason I was here, the reason why the two were trying to kill him. “JR-shii…take Minhyun and Aron out for something to eat.” I said.

“No way! We still have a bone to pick with this .” Aron said, cracking his knuckles. I shot him another glare and he backed down. Reaching into my back pocket, I pulled out my wallet and opened. Grabbing my card, I held it out to JR.

“Don’t go crazy.” I reminded him. He nodded and looked to the other members then. “Go.” I told them. It took them a moment, but they walked past. I could feel the anger radiating off them as they headed for the front door. It took a few moments, but the door opened and closed and Baekho and I were finally alone.

“Thank god.” He said as he climbed to his feet, rubbing his sore neck. Turning to him, I sighed, shaking my head.

“Let’s go.” I told him and led him into the kitchen.  Sitting him at the table, I searched through the cabinets until I found a Ziploc bag. Making my way to the fridge, I opened the top door and filled the bag with some ice before sealing it. Walking back to him, I held it out to him so he could put it on his neck and keep the swelling and bruising minimal.

“I honestly thought I was going to die.” He said, watching me as I sat down.

“To be honest, I think you should.” I told him and frowned. His expression was that of shock. It seemed the information still hadn’t sunk in. Reaching in to my pocket, I pulled out my phone and brought up the picture of Ren. “You did this Baekho.” I said.

“How many times am I going to have see that picture? I didn’t do that.” Baekho protested. I slammed my free hand down on the table.

“Listen to me Kang Dongho.” I hissed out. “Are you listening?” I asked. With wide eyes, he nodded. “Good.” I held up the phone again and showed him the picture again. “Take a good ing look at this face Baekho. The tear stains, do you see them?” I asked. “You caused them. They’re from you. His decision to leave is because of you and your behavior. Do you know why? And before you answer that question, I want you to think long and hard Baekho. Take as long as you need to reply. I have all night, but think on your words before you answer.” I warned him.

Silence fell between us and I could practically see the wheels in Baekho’s mind spinning as he thought on my question and how to work his answer carefully. Though at this point I don’t think there is anything he could possibly say that could get him out of this situation.

“I…” he paused and sighed. “They said it’s because of me. Everyone said I made him cry, but I don’t know why. Honestly.” He answered. I looked him dead in the eyes and for the first time I actually took in how scared the other looked, how upset the other was about this. Ren told me that Baekho didn’t try to stop him, but could it have been because he had was just as shocked as the other’s by Ren’s sudden departure? The look in his eyes, he looked distraught, out of sorts. Was this all a façade? Was this a mask Baekho put on to cover up how hurt he was as well?

“I believe you.” I answered and sat back in the chair and sighed. “Baekho, I’m sure the others have told you that Ren left because he liked you right?” Baekho nodded in answer. “They are not lying Baekho. Ren likes you so much.” I said. “And I could sit here and preach to you about how much he cares and is hurt by your actions, but I don’t want to waste my breath on things the others have already told you.”

“They have told me.” He said as he stared at me. “But, I just don’t understand. If he liked me so much, why didn’t he say anything? I don’t judge people. I didn’t judge Aron, or Minhyun, or you. Why couldn’t he be open with me?” He was a confused little child, that’s what Baekho was.

“Think back Baekho. Don’t you think you knew all along that he liked you?” I asked. In the short few months I knew these boys, even I could see how Ren favored Baekho, and how he did everything he could to make sure they ended up on teams together, could spend time together. I wasn’t in their personal lives all the time, but I doubt it was any different behind these dorm walls.

“I guess.” He said. “Yeah, thinking back on it…I can see it.” He ran a hand through his hair and let out a groan. “Did I up really badly?”

“More than you could ever know.” I told him. “Ren doesn’t want to come back Baekho. He’s lost all hope.” I said. “He doesn’t think you like him anymore. That you don’t care about him. All your time is spent with Uee.” I said.

“He said that?” Baekho asked in shock. “How could he think that? I care a lot about him. He’s been my friend for a couple years now. We have such a strong bond…” he trailed off. Realization was finally starting to sink in for him. He was quickly learning about the mistakes he made. This was a good sign.

“I like Uee noona, but now that the show is basically over with and we’ve spent time outside of it, it’s just not working. We’re not as compatible as I thought we were.” He confessed. “Still, Ren was jealous of Uee?” he asked, looking back at me.

“No. He wasn’t jealous of Uee. He was hurt. He wanted you to be happy, don’t get things mixed up Baekho. Ren’s the kind of person who gets hurt easily, but if it means that his friends get to be happy, he accepts it. He was accepting of your relationship, but it hurt him deeply.”

“. I feel like an now.”

“You are.”

We sat in silence for a while. I wanted him to sit there and think. I wanted him to understand just what was going on and how it was affecting not just him and Ren, but the other members. For sakes I walked in on Aron trying to strangle him.

“I have to do something.” Baekho said. I looked up at him and nodded. He hit the nail on the head with that statement.

“Do you like him?” I asked. He raised a brow at me and I saw him open his mouth to say something, but I gave him one of those looks and he paused. He thought on his answer for a moment before speaking.

“Yes.” He said and looked down as he rubbed his face. “. .” He said. “I never thought I was gay.” I laughed at that and shook my head. Baekho and Ren were so similar it wasn’t even funny.

“Look Baekho, I’m going to tell you the same thing I told Ren. You can like a guy without being gay.”

“Impossible.”

“It’s not. You can like a person of the same without liking any other same person. It’s not the fact that you’re attracted to the same gender, it’s the fact you’re attracted to another person. A person you like a lot, and feel so compatible with.” I explained. “Then again, you also like girls, so you could be biual.” I said.

He stared at me for a long moment and I sighed. Yeah, he had a really slow mind. It took a moment, but he finally processed the information and smiled. “Well…I guess I could live with being biual.” I smiled. Good. “Damn, I feel like a fool. I mean…for a while now I’ve been trying to deny my attraction to him. But…I don’t know why. I guess maybe I was scared of what that made me.” He said. “But now that you talked to me, I don’t really see an issue anymore.” I sighed and shook his head.

“Baekho, forget the titles. Forget what people would think of you. Listen to your heart.” I told him. “Listen to what it’s telling you. If you can do that, if you can accept yourself for what you are, for who you like without the need of a title, then you’re in great shape and I know you can help get things resolved with you and Ren.” I said. His head slowly nodded, but he didn’t look at me. He was concentrating and that was a good thing. It gave me hope in this hopeless time. I stood and moved around, patting his shoulder gently.

“You know hyungs number if you need more help. But Baekho, figure something out soon.” I told him. HE looked up at me confused. “I don’t’ know how long Ren is going to go on. The pain is still there, even though he’s left. I don’t think he would do something so stupid but he might try to end it once and for all.” I said. That should lite a fire under his . I left him there, fear evident on his face. He better do something now. I don’t think Ren would kill himself, but he needed something, some sort of sign to get his hope back. Ren was a beautiful person, both physically and spiritually. He didn’t deserve to be brought down into the depths of such darkness. He needed to be saved, to be brought back to the light.

And only Baekho could do that.