The Alliance

Action!

 

No One’s POV

 

Minki waited outside the karaoke building impatiently. Dongho said to meet in an hour at the place. It was quite a distance from Minki’s current residence, so when Minki got there, he was already fifteen minutes late, and no Dongho. Checking his watch again, Minki sighed. Dongho was now 45 minutes late and he was starting to give up.

It was strange, that after a few months of becoming a trainee and having their first meeting, that Dongho had never called him. Minki had assumed it was because he was ashamed of himself for the comment he made about the phone, yes he still couldn’t get over it, but as the days passed by, he was starting to believe that the other just forgot about him. Which was weird, because Minki hadn’t forgotten about the smiling fool.

Dongho, he had seemed so friendly and nice. He was sure they would have been fast friends, but apparently he was wrong. He made quicker friends with other trainees than with Dongho, and he had forgotten half of the other guy’s name. Except for Minhyun.  He was nice, and kind. They had hung out a lot in the past few months. Minhyun was sadly, one of Minki’s only friends. It was almost, depressing.

“Yah!” Minki’s head lifted, eyes locking with the form that was running towards him. “I’m so sorry!” Dongho said and they exchanged bows in greetings. “I got sidetracked.”

Minki stared at him before rolling his eyes and turned. “I’m going home.” He said.

“Hey!” Dongho said and reached out, grabbing the other’s arm to stop him. “Don’t be like that. It’s not what you think. My mom came home and needed my help.” He said and laughed nervously. “Come on, we can still go in and have fun.” He said.

Looking back at the boy, he thought it over. He had spent an hour getting there, and half an hour waiting for the other to show up. Might as well go in and have a bit of fun before making the long trip home. “Fine.” Minki agreed as he pulled his arm from the other. “Let’s go.” He said.

Dongho pouted at the answer. “Is that anyway to talk to your hyung?” he asked.

Minki stopped and stared at him. “Sorry hyung. Maybe next time you shouldn’t be late.” He said and walked into the building.

Dongho had to laugh. Feisty little thing, Minki was. 

Standing inside, Minki waited and smiled as he let Dongho pay for the room for them. Might as well right? He was the hyung after all. His smile widened at the displeased look the other threw him and he laughed, heading down the hall to an empty room.

“You think you’re so slick don’t you?” Dongho asked as he walked in behind the other, closing the door.

“I don’t think.” Minki said as he sat down on the couch. “I know.” He said and grinned. Dongho smirked and shook his head. It was clear; Minki was going to be a handful, for everyone.

“Alright, so who goes first?” Dongho asked.

“You. You’re the hyung, right?” Minki asked.

“Yes.” Dongho said and grinned. Grabbing the remote, he started searching through the song lists on the screen. While he did, Minki went about, grabbing the mikes and handing him one. After a few months of searching, Dongho finally picked a song he liked and pressed play. Taking the outstretched mike, he turned it on and started singing.

Sitting back, Minki made himself comfortable as Dongho started singing. The moment the words fell from the other’s lips, his eyes widened. Dongho, he looked like a manly man, someone with like a deep voice. He hadn’t expected it to be so smooth and beautiful. It was cliché, but honestly, his voice sounded like an angel's. Why hadn’t he been put in a group yet?

Realizing his mouth was open, he closed it. Knowing this boy was highly skilled, or just naturally gifted (it could have been a little of both), Minki started getting nervous. There was no way he could even compare to Dongho. The other would surely laugh when he started singing.

Wrapped up in his fear of being made a fool, Minki hadn’t noticed the song ended and that Dongho was staring at him expectantly. “Well?” Snapping back, Minki stared up at him for a long hard moment.

“You should be an idol.” He said.

“Well I did try out and make it didn’t I?” Dongho asked and smiled.

“No, I mean right now. You shouldn’t even be a trainee.” Minki said and sighed. “You’re so good.” He whispered.

A blush spread over Dongho’s face and he rubbed the back of his neck. “Really? Thanks.” He said before handing over the remote. “It’s your turn, let’s see how well you do.” He said.

Hesitantly, Minki took the remote. He was still unsure if he could do this, but the reassuring nods of encouragement that Dongho was giving him, it was enough to build up his confidence enough to stand and pick his song.

“Just, don’t laugh.” He commented. Dongho’s face was contorted into a weird look. The other obviously didn’t understand. And there may not have been anything wrong with his voice, but after hearing Dongho, Minki was sure he wouldn’t sound at all good.

“I won’t.” Dongho promised none the less and sat back.

Taking in a deep breath, the song started and Minki was reminded once more of why he had auditioned to begin with. This was something he loved, something he was passionate about. To be an idol, that was his goal. He was going to do it! Nothing was going to stop him.

When the song ended, Minki turned and stared at Dongho. He was surprised to see the other’s eyes so wide and his mouth hanging open. He wondered if that’s what he looked like when Dongho had been singing. He could feel his cheeks heating up and waited.

“That was…you should be an idol!” Dongho finally said. The words made Minki laugh, which in turn made Dongho laugh. “Really though, you’re really good.” He said after a few moments of laughter.

“Thanks.” Minki said and moved around, taking a seat next to Dongho. ‘So you think I have what it takes?” he asked.

“Totally. And you think I have what it takes?”

“Completely.”

“You know, we should stick together, you and me.” Dongho said. “Form our own small group. Surely we’ll have a better chance at being placed that way.” He suggested.

Minki sat there, thinking on the suggestion. It was a wise idea. Dongho was very good at singing. If Minki went up against him, he was pretty sure Dongho would be picked over him. So maybe it was better if they did form this little alliance and together, work their way to being picked.

“Alright then.” Minki said and grinned. “Let’s do it.” He said.

“Alright!” Dongho said, grinning happily. He reached out and patted Minki’s back, nearly sending him on the floor. He laughed. “To a bright future.”

“And idol stardom.”