The Show

Action!

Minhyun’s POV

I’m worried for Ren. When the announcement came, he actually fell out of his seat in shock. It was a great shock to all of us. We were still rookies. Normally more experienced idols got to be put on the show. It wasn’t as bad as I first thought when I heard about the show. The idols really didn’t get married, which I think some fans overreact about. But it’s more like a variety show, with challenges and the like. More like watching MTV Diary. I remember shooting and then watching it on TV. I still tease Aron-hyung to this day about his high note contest with Ren. Honestly, did he think he could win? Ren and Baekho, they got the high notes. I know I can reach some, but they are amazing.

Still, it threw us for a loop. Though it was comforting to know he was paired up with Uee noona, from After School. He’ll be in good hands. But I don’t think Ren sees it that way. And I found it strange. The other hadn’t said a thing about liking Baekho. At least I don’t think so. Then again, I’m pretty sure the setup Adrian-hyung made was proof enough that someone liked the other. I’m starting to see, it might be Ren with a one sided infatuation. Poor maknae, I hope this doesn’t damage him too much.

~*~

“Come on you guys.” Baekho called. His voice was so loud, what was he so eager about? Getting up from my chair, I left the room I shared with Aron and headed into the living room where the other’s gathered. They all looked equally confused. Baekho tended to act like a child at times, getting excited easily over things.

“Baekho, we don’t have time to watch a show with you, we’re doing other things.” Aron said and sighed.

“Like staring at yourself in the mirror?” Ren teased and smirked at our hyung. Aron had the decency to blush at least, which was a good thing.

“No! Other things.”  Aron corrected.

“Oh come on guys, it’s the pilot episode for ‘We Got Married’.” Baekho said and grinned. “Watch it with me.”

“I hate to be the bearer of bad news Baekho-hyung, but the pilot show happened months ago. You’re just one of the additional couples that were added.” I pointed out.

“Don’t rain on my parade Minnie. It’s my pilot episode alright? Come on, watch it with me. I need your support on this.”  He said. I sighed, shaking my head. Well, we did support each other and with only a few episodes in, we needed to see now how he was progressing before he finished with the program. I believe I heard mention that in a week or so he was off on some vacation for the show. That ought to be interesting to watch when it’s aired.

“Fine, fine, we’ll watch it with you.” JR agreed and sat down next to the other, Aron moving to sit next to JR. Ren didn’t make a move and I glanced at him, taking in his features. He was…confused? Upset? Happy? I wasn’t sure. There were so many emotions crossing over his face because he was ‘Mr. Emotional’ after all. I had to snort at that thought. I couldn’t tell what he was feeling because Ren hardly showed emotions unless it was something that really upset up or made him happy.

It was hard at times, but we all learned to read other signs from Ren, like body language, the way he spoke, how his eyes shifted, or if he tried to tell a joke. They were all cues to us, which we were thankful for. Looking at him now though, he was blank. I felt horrible for the other. Ren hadn’t really told me when I confronted him about it, but in a way he did. He really liked Baekho and this show was just eating him up inside.

Wrapping my arm around him, he jumped, staring at me with wide eyes. I gave him a reassuring smile and guided him to the loveseat and sat with him just as the show started.  We were silent as we watched. I had to admit, it was entertaining. There were more jokes and mess ups than what we aired on our variety shows. The ending was something we didn’t expect though. Uee and Baekho actually kissed. It wasn’t faked, it wasn’t pretended; they actually did it. How did that manage to air!?

The credits rolled and Baekho turned off the TV, staring at us expectantly. But what could we say, we were in shock. He kissed Uee noona. What the hell was wrong with him? He was too damn bold for his own good. This was not going to go over well.

“Alright Baekho.” Aron cheered as he nudged the other. “So what was it like, kissing her?” he asked, staring at the other with extreme interest.

“It was magical.” Baekho answered and laughed. “Her lips are just as soft as they look. And she had on this lip gloss that tasted like oranges.” He said with a grin. “She’s a good kisser.”

Ren stood suddenly, face heated. I stared at him; his eyes were blazing as he stared ahead. I didn’t like this. Ren was upset, and when Ren was upset, things tended to get broken. And if Baekho tried to sleep in their room tonight, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be one of Baekho’s limbs that would get broken.

“Rennie? What’s wrong?” Baekho asked, confused. “Didn’t you like the show? The kiss I added at the end. It wasn’t scripted. Did I do well?” he asked.

“I-I-“Ren stuttered for some words, but couldn’t speak. His body started to shake and I inched away. I didn’t want to be in arms reach if he decided to lash out. “I’m going out!” he announced rather loudly before storming through the living room, down the hall. There was a moment of silence as he slipped on his shoes. Then the door opened and slammed closed rather loudly.

“What’s his problem?” Baekho asked confused. I shook my head.

“You’re an idiot.” I muttered and stood. Granted, it was hard to tell with Ren, but now that I knew, it was easy to see the signs that he liked Baekho. The looks he gave him, how close they were. He tried to stay close to the other at all times; it was so sweet and endearing. I tried that once, and I got rejected so horribly.

I don’t know if I’ll ever forgive JR for what he did, what he said and how he acted. I don’t want to see the same thing happen to Ren that happened to me. I don’t think Baekho would act like JR did, but to see Ren so torn and hurt, I didn’t want to see that. We didn’t need more rift in the group. I had to do something to help. But what? I can’t force a person to love another, it was possible, not to mention unethical.

Sighing, I walked back into my room and took a seat on the bed, eyes closing as I thought. There must be something. I have to help Ren in some way. But how? How?