The Park

Action!

Baekho’s POV

I can’t explain it. My heart is just so full it feels like it’s going to burst. I never knew love could feel this way. Before, being around Minki never felt like this. But after I lost him for that short time and I realized (with the help of my friends) how much he meant to me, things changed. It was so different now, and at the same time, it was just like it was supposed to be.

“Is this a good spot?” Coming out of my thoughts, I looked at Minki as he stood in a grassy spot of the park, brows raised in question. “Baekho?” he asked me. Moving over to him, I slipped an arm around the other’s waist and pulled him close.

“Any spot is fine as long as you are there.” I told him. His face heated up and pulled away.

“Baekho!” He looked around quickly before lowering his voice. “Stop that. Someone might hear.”

“I don’t care. As long as I have you, I don’t care about the rest of the world.” Minki rolled his eyes and I laughed. It was bit too much, I knew that, but it was the truth, or at least, that was how I felt.

“You’re silly.” Minki said, shaking his head as he spread out the plaid blanket on the ground and sat down. Joining him, I leaned back and stared up at the sky. “It’s a beautiful day. Thank you for taking me out.”  Turning my head, I smiled at him. He was so little and cute and I just loved him so much.

“You’re welcome.” I told him. “It is a beautiful day out and even more beautiful with you around.” He said.

“Hey Baekho.” Minki stared and stared at me. “This whole lovey dovey stuff, you can tone it down a bit.” He said and chuckled. “I like it, but I want my old Baekho back.” He said. I frowned and cocked my head. I don’t understand why the other asked that. I didn’t think I was being so different, but apparently I was.

“I’m sorry.” I said. “I just don’t want to lose you again. I love you so much.” Minki scooted closer and rested his head on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s okay. I love you too Baekie, but you don’t have to lay it on so thick.”  Baekie? That was the weirdest nickname I have ever heard someone give me. But coming from Ren, it was cute and I loved it.

“Alright, don’t smooth it on so thick, I get it.” I said and laughed. Sliding my arm around his waist, I held him close and basked in his warmth, just enjoying everything that I was feeling in that moment, memorizing it so I could think back on it later. It was peaceful and silent in the park today. Not too many people. The alone time Minki and I were sharing was just want the doctor ordered after such a long and painful separation.

“Hey guys!” I groaned and buried my face in Minki’s hair. Of all the damn rotten luck. Honestly, I told them specifically I was taking Minki out and we wanted to be alone. Does no one understand the word alone?

“Aron, Minhyun.” Minki spoke and smiled.

“Mind if we join you?” Minhyun asked as he started sitting.

“Yes” I said.

“No.” Minki said at the same time and turned to look at me. I shrugged and sighed. Alright, so this whole romantic date thing…yeah it was over.

Minhyun laughed and sat next to Minki, Aron next to him and wrapped his arm around the other’s waist. When had? Oh yeah, I vaguely remember something about JR muttering Aron and Minhyun getting it on. Poor guy. He was a long way from being a good guy again, but he was making progress. He was at least tolerating the relationships going on.

“Hey, when did you two?” Minki asked, pointing between the two who were so cozy together.

“Ah.” Minhyun blushed. “After you left. Aron asked me out and I said yes.”

“And it was the longest date I’ve ever had.” Aron said and smirked. Mink rolled his eyes at that.

“I think you hit your head one too many times when you were a child.” he said and we laughed. It was a theory we all had about our dear hyung. But, maybe that brain injury was what made Aron who he was.

“Anyway.” Minhyun continued. “After that, things just happened and well…here we are.” He said.

“See Minki, I told you my plan was going to work.” I said and grinned happily. Minki laughed and shook his head.

“Alright, alright. You were right Baekho, it did work.” He agreed and I beamed proudly at myself for creating such a fine couple. “Months later.” He added. My ego deflated and I huffed.

“Well, no need to say it like that.” I muttered, making him laugh. Smiling at him, I pulled him against me in a one armed hug before glancing back at the other two. “Yeah, so here you are. Can I ask why you have to be here?” I asked. They stared at me like I just asked a stupid question, but I know it wasn’t stupid. I didn’t ask stupid questions.

Okay, so maybe I did ask stupid questions and do stupid things, but I knew I told them what I had planned for today and for them not to bother us, at all. Period. Why were they here?

“Well…” Minhyun said and looked to Aron.

“We haven’t been out in a while and I thought I would take Minhyun out today.” Aron said with a shrug.

“Yeah but I told you-“

“Yeah.” Aron interjected. “But you didn’t tell me which park you were going to.” He countered. I didn’t? I thought I did? That was strange. Or was Aron lying and did know, but just decided to come anyway to bother us? Yeah that seemed more like something Aron would do.

“It’s alright.” Minki said and smiled. “We were just relaxing and talking.” He said.

“Getting to know one another?” Aron asked with a smirk. He winced when Minhyun smacked his arm.

“Stop it. That’s too personal.” Minhyun muttered and pouted. The other looked, almost jealous.

“Sorry Minnie.” Aron apologized as he leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“You better be sorry.” Minhyun said and glanced back at him, smiling.

“Aw, you two are so cute.” Minki said happily. I knew he was happy for them. I was too. A full year has come to pass since our debut, since my first feelings for Minki started to surface.  Three months have passed since our last debut as a group and within those months we lost Minki, Aron and Minhyun started a relationship and Minki was brought back. We’ve had one hell of a year together as Nu’est. JR’s antics, and everyone’s feelings. It’s felt like a lifetime has passed. Do other groups feel this way when they have drama going on?

Maybe. But it’s over now. Things have been resolved and I have my Minki back. My Minki. I’m sure as hell not going to do anything to ever ruin this again.

“Yeah, cute.” I said. “So can you go be cute somewhere else?” I asked.

“Baekho!” Minki said and smacked my arm.

“Ow! So mean Minki.” I whined, rubbing the spot and sighing.

“It’s okay Minki.” Minhyun said and stood, pulling Aron with him. “We get it. We’ll see you back at the dorm.” He told him. Minki nodded and watched them start to walk away and laughed at Minhyun’s comment.

“Oppa, buy me some ice cream.”

I snorted. Yeah, those two were made for each other. I’m glad they’re finally happy. But now we were finally alone. Leaning in, I nuzzled Minki’s neck gently before kissing it softly. I felt his body shiver and he pulled away.

“Baekho.” He whispered and I looked down at him. “Not here.” I smiled and nodded. So not here, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t going to do it later somewhere else.  “Let’s just lay back and enjoy the day.” He said as he fell onto his back, arms under his head. I watched him for a moment before falling back myself and laying there. This was a perfect day, lying next to Minki in a quiet park, with a promise of a bright future together. It couldn’t get any better than this.