Dinner

Fake Engagement

I was woken up by a soft knock on the door. I put my head up trying to force my eyes to open.  After finally opening one eye and mumbling “Yeah” I looked towards the door.

-          Hi Sunshine – it was So Yun.

-          Hi…. – I trailed. But then panic rushed over me. Isn’t she shocked to see Jung Min with me?!

-          Since bys left early…. – I was safe… - Maybe we should go shopping and cook dinner later? Hyun Joong mentioned there will be his friend coming.

What friend? I was confused. It was to early for me to organize her words in my head.

-          Ermmm – I started opening second eye when I felt something heavy squashing my chest. – So Yun, get off – I mumbled again.

-          Nope… You didn’t change at all I see.  – then her eyes rested on the chair behind the door. She was a bit quiet and didn’t move anymore. I trailed my eyes after hers. On a chair were lying Jung Min clothes- his favourite blue hoodie to be exact.

-          So Yun…. I… Jung Min… - I started not really sure what I wanted to say.

-          I know silly you share a room, Hyung Jun told me and I am not blind, you know – she smiled at me – I am just surprised because Jung Min is quite a fashion king and there is that thing there – she pointed at the hoodie.

-          You mean he is a diva – I giggled.

-          Yeah – she giggled too.

And just like that it reminded me old times when we were sharing apartment, studies and big decision to move to Korea. I wonder how my life would look if I wouldn’t come over here. But then I wouldn’t meet SS501 members and as funny as it sounds now, I feel like they are my family. I am a bit scared sometimes  what will happen when the fairytale ends. What I will do then?

-          Joeeeeyyy – my best friend was now waving in front of my face.

-          Yeah yeah I am getting up gee – I responded pushing her of me then heading for a shower.

She knew I didn’t like shopping to much, especially when it came to food shopping. But we didn’t spend much time together for a while so it was a good idea. I needed to get mentally prepared however since So Yun was as military soldier when she was shopping.

I have put my favourite jeans and trainers for a shopping trip which was opposite to my friend wh looks like a fairy in the knee length blue dress.

-          Joey – she rise her brew- You know you are famous right?

-          I am not! –I protested.

-          You are so you should look decent.

-          I look fine – I shoot back   - ahh what if people will try pestering you?

I got worried she will also be drawn to that crazy world I was living in now. Protecting her was the first reason why I helped Jung Min.

-          Don’t worry – she winked and dragged me out to the car.

She apparently sorted with one of managers to drop as in town. I was only wondering when she got so familiar with him. She chosen the most distant manager and they talked in the car as they knew each other for a while. There had to be something not right…

Shopping was going quite smoothly today and I was shocked. In the middle of it So Yun decided she is deadly hungry and we should sit in a small café and have some food. As my stomach was growling also I agreed. We sat down near the window. I swear there have been some girls pointing fingers at us. I knew this is going to happen. There will be articles of me with my best friend all over internet tomorrow. So Yun however seemed not to notice at all or even maybe enjoyed all the attention.

-          How’s sleeping in one bed with Jun Min? – she started totally shocking me. I stared at her embarrassed, sad and worried. – You thought I wouldn’t know?

-          I wanted to tell you but…

-          I know you were worried how I react – she smiled – Don’t worry I have changed. It was wrong of me to be mad back then. And he likes you so there is not much I can do.

I think time stopped at this point. What was she saying? Was she really ok with that? Or maybe she was only ok because she knew it was fake. Which wasn’t that much of a truth any more.

-          And you know, you should tell him – she added looking at me.

-          What do you mean? – I was getting really confused.

-          I am not blind. Maybe he is, but I am not. I know you for so long that I can easily notice you like him too.

Once again I remained quiet looking probably very dumb. Did she know? But how?

-          Are you ok? Joey?  - she was waving in front of my face yet again

-          Yeah… I just…

-          You didn’t say anything because you thought I might be hurt? Don’t worry Hyung Jun also noticed your feelings for Jung Min. I think Jung Min himself is actually the only one who believe you only helping him and you are the only one who still wants to believe it’s all fake. But you should tell him Joey .If you won’t , I will take him away from you – she winked.

Ok who kidnapped my best friend and did brainwashing on her?

-          Are you really ok with this situation? – I asked again not believing my own ears.

-          Yes. Because I know what you feel is real. To be honest after the last jerk I was thinking, you will never trust any man again.

I blushed. She knew me better than I gave her credit for. Even she noticed that I like Jung Min. Wonder if they all noticed before me…. Maybe she was right, maybe I should tell him.

 

When we got back to the house it was pretty late so we started cooking straight away. Yes, we have sped most of the day on shopping trip…. That’s why I dislike shopping, it’s more like a sport, especially with So Yun by my side. While coking all I could think of is how my best friend changed and when it will be good time to admit my growing feelings for my fake fiancé.

When the boys came back, everything was ready.

-          I smell something good – Baby was sniffing air around the house.

-          Yah, It’s a real food – Jung Min added.

-          They only cook because we have a guest – Hyun Joong added.

Then we noticed. Behind the boys stood young man,  with a face like an angel. I remembered him from the pictures I was adding to the website. I had to admit he looked hundred times better in person. His face was beautiful, with no remarks of tiredness or imperfections. His dark hair reflected even more how light his skin was. Then he smiled and I could feel my legs going weak.

-          Jung Min, take care of your fiancé or she will stay like this forever – Young Saeng laughed.

It came to my realization I had to look like an idiot. I was almost drooling over Hyun Joong’s friend, international star, Jaejoong.

-          This is Jaejoong from DBSK  - Hyun Joong introduced formally.

My friend didn’t waste time and put a perfect smile on her face before introducing herself. Then Jaejoong came to me. When he looked at me with these dark eyes and smiled I probably was very red.

-          Nice to meet you finally – he giggled.

Jung Min was suddenly by my side shooting death glares towards young man. I smiled, introduced myself to  a handsome stranger then turned towards my fake fiancé.

-          How was your day Oppa? – he looked at me with “What is going on eyes” and then I kissed his chick.

I missed him, but he simply didn’t know. Doesn’t matter there was another gorgeous man in the room now. I was already into someone and my heart didn’t have a space for another person.

-          Take a sit guys – I said  -So Yun and I prepared dinner.

-          Yes! – Kyu Jong put his fist in the air.

I rolled my eyes. Through the dinner we talked a lot about the past. They were all telling stories from their trainee period, first stage and big concerts. Jaejoong mentioned some bad stuff as loosing all privacy. But he said he missed the most being together as a group and seemed very excited about comeback. During the dinner I noticed something else. Hyung Jun was sitting beside So Yun. She was looking at him all the time and giggling. I recalled as well in how many situation it  was the maknae she mentioned. It hit me suddenly and I smirked. She liked Hyung Jun. probably that was the reason she gave up on Jung Min.

-          We have something to tell you actually girls – Hyun Joong said.

His eayes seemed concerned.

-          I am not sure that you remember we have to go to Japan and Taiwan in two days.

-          Ne – I responded.

-          Well DBSK is going with us, but it looks like we won’t be back for a month. We have a photo shoot there, few concerts and fanmeetings.

-          I understand – was all I could say.

Truth was I was upset. It’s good I had So Yun at least. And now knowing she liked Hyung jun made me feel like she will understand how I feel. I smiled towards others pretending that nothing happened, even added “Hwaiting”. After that the I didn’t take much part in the talks. I was just listening to the conversation stealing glances towards Jung Min’s face. It was only a month so why I was so worried?

When the dinner finally ended and everything was cleaned I was happy to be finally in the room. I didn’t even confront my friend regarding her feelings. I had a shower and got to bed. It was exhausting day. Jung Min was just behind me. He had the same routine as me. When he finally was in bed and I felt his arms around me I relaxed.

-          I am sorry I didn’t tell you but we only just found out.

-          Yu saying sorry a lot these days – I said with a smile.

I moved towards him and faced him. I moved my hand towards his face and touched it. Even so it was dark in the room I could tell he closed his eyes. It was the right moment, it had to be. I placed a soft kiss on his lips, which Jung Min didn’t respond to.

-          Joey – he started.

I put a finger on his lips to keep him quiet.

-          I wasn’t upset you didn’t tell me… I was just sad because you are going for so long….You see I wasn’t honest with you…. I wasn’t honest with myself….Jung Min I …..