Show

Fake Engagement

Hyung Jun and Jung Min took me back to their practice room. I followed them quietly still trying to understand my own action and being scared about consequences. I was upset knowing my friend possibly will never forgive me. On the other side I wanted to protect her and to do so I needed to get back media’s attention back to me. I didn’t want to but I couldn’t hide when she was going through rough time, mostly because of me. Jung Min was still starting at me from time to time probably thinking why I changed my mind. Ok, maybe taking his phone and talking to that horrible girl wasn’t the best idea but I was annoyed. Before I could stop I said few things to her till she didn’t hang up. Then I gave phone back to Jung Min and somehow I ended up coming back with them.

When I entered practice room all eyes turned towards me. Hyun Joong’s face what saying “what is she doing here” while Kyu and Saengi just stared. There was also quite few dancers around that also kept blinking surprised. Hyung Jun put hand on my back trying to make me relax. Very soon his hand was replaced buy Jung Min’s arm.

-          This is my girlfriend – he said to dancers. I guess rest of the boys were waiting for a big reaction from me and arguing but I remained quiet and just smiled politely to the dancers, bowed and said hello.

Young Saeng face went something between “what I have missed” and “is this a joke”, leader gave me the meaningful look, Kyu Jong looked like he understood the situation. Dancers one by one came towards me, saying their hello’s and bowing.

-          So is this the one that everyone’s talking about – tall boy with black hair and very handsome face said. He seemed older than me. He winked at me. Seriously is all the Korean men do? Wink? – So you are the one that captured his heart.

I didn’t respond, just smiled.

 -Guys can we have a quick chat?  - baby said to SS501 members. Leader told the dancers we need fifteen minutes break and they left the room. We sat on the wooden floor in a circle.

 - So you want to tell me what’s going on? – leader looked at me.

 - She agreed to help me – Jung Min whispered.

 - Are you aware what are you doing – Hyun Joong continued checking if what Mr Arrogant said is true.

 - Not really – I said truthfully. – But I kind of do not have a choice. My friend is being hassled by media, I need to help her. One think, we need an agreement – I looked at Jung Min – Don’t cross the line. I will do and say what I have too, but once we out of the people’s sight we back t normal. And behave.

 - You know it won’t be easy?-  Kyu Jong said. – Media have that power to take out all information about you. Therefore keep you background in secret. It’s good you didn’t move here long ago it will be easier to hide the private life.

I listened what they have been saying. According to them I should just behave like a normal person in love and protect my personal life. Also I had a mission to get media forget about my friend. I got lost in thought thinking about So Yun.

-          There’s one more thing – said leader – we will have to introduce you formally as it will be the easier way to avoid press stalking your friend.

-          What do you mean? – I asked.

-          We have conference tonight. You can appear as guessed at the end to clear all the content. Actually if you will start showing yourself publically with Jung Min and answer few questions it should be ok.

I sighed. There was no other choice.

-          Ok, I said.

-          Fighting – responded Kyu Jong with a smile.

-          Wait for us and then we will make sure someone will help you get ready for tonight.

After the practice boy went to get showers while I had some food and quick sleep. When they woken me up I was surprised so much time passed. We moved to another room full of make up, mirrors and other stuff needed to make people pretty. Leader came to me and explained that someone will take care of me in a bit. Soon a small girl with black hair came to me. She introduced herself quickly but I didn’t pay much attention to name to be honest. She sat me on the chair next to the leader and started applying my make up. Then another person came doing my hair. They composed a little red chalk in them and put waves in it so it looked totally different.  Then another lady asked me to follow her to another room. There have been many fashionable clothes in any colour I could wish for. She pulled out a blue smile dress, silver cardigan and silver shoes. They looked gorgeous. Lady urged me to change and I didn’t hesitate. This clothes looked gorgeous on me and with all the make up and perfect hair I could not recognise myself in a mirror. From simple computer geek I changed into a lady. If only So Yun could see me. She would have been proud.  When I went out boys have been waiting for me near the door. I have never been so nervous in y life. All of them were starring like they have seen me first time in my life. Even Young Saeng who seemed very quiet was watching my every move.

-          Stop starring – I hissed when I came closer. It was flattering and all but It was getting me stressed.

-          Let’s go – leader said and we went to the black van.

I took a place next to Young Saeng and secretly was praying for a miracle. I wasn’t sure anymore If I can pull it off and with every kilometre closer I wanted to back off.

-          You will be fine – Baby said putting his arm on my shoulder.

Finally we arrived at the tv station. SS501 supposed to be a guest on the show and then attend to a party. We planned I will watch the show and then will talk to press, if needed after the show. When we stepped out of the car fans started to scream. There were hundreds of them, young, older and some of them even came with their kids. When they noticed me, all faces went into a shock, not sure who I was and why I am with their “husbands”. I tried to collect myself and stay calm. I could see all eyes on me. Suddenly Jung Min was by my side.

-          Time for the show – he whispered offering me his arm.

I breathed in a and out, linked my arm with his and smiled. At that very moment all fans gone quiet and I waited for something to hit me or scream something offensive. But all I heard was a little whisper from the crowd.

-          Is that her?

-          Ahh she really is pretty.

-          Oppa…..noo, why.

I was shocked as reaction was much different that I expected. Members waved to the crowd, signed few autographs and then we entered the building. People were watching us and whisper but I try not to bother. When we finally arrived in the members room I sighed in relief. I sat down on sofa.

-          I am not sure if I can pull it off – I said.

-          You are doing great – Kyu Jong said.

-          We will help you – added quiet till now Young Saeng.

I looked at Jung Min. His face seemed concerned for some reason.

-          Fighting – I said to myself.

-          Guys, come one – someone said from the door. I followed them and stand next to the stage in the shadows. There was few people watching me, but nobody asked who I am.

Members were called out and they started the show with the song. I must admit words and melody of that song were beautiful. Crowed cheered happily and some girls have been crying. Then they sat on comfortable sofa and answered few basic question regarding recent military service, comeback and promotions. For now everything seemed easy.

I felt someone presence next to me and I turned around. Next to me stood thirty –something man.

-          You are Joey right? – he said – I am their manager, but just call me oppa.

I didn’t want to argue so I just smiled and turned my head again towards the stage.

-          And now few questions from the audience – MC said.

Crowd started to cheer even lauder. Someone finally got a microphone. It was a small girl, probably a bit younger than me.

-          Good to see you together – she started and boy said thank you. – Jung Min Oppa is it true that you have a girlfriend.

I knew it that it was to easy to just passing without surprises. I hoped he could just say it was a big misunderstanding but I guess it was to late. I looked at Jung Min. His face relaxed and calm, not playful and arrogant as before.

-          Yes it’s true – he simply stated. – And I have a big favour to ask our amazing TripleS. Please be good to her like you are to us. She is someone special. Hope you can understand my feelings.

I watched him. His expression actually looked like he was serious in his words.

-          Is she someone famous? – next question asked.

They all sat patiently when Jung min was dealing with these questions.

-          No she isn’t.

-          How did you meet? – another girl.

-          My charm made her fall – he laughed playfully.  – To be honest she didn’t even know who I was when we met.

It was quite silly as I knew he was telling actually truth, apart of his charm story. Before next question was asked Jung Min asked fans to be silent for a minute.

-          I am aware you are very interested who is she but I hope you will accept her as a part of me and be kind to her. She is a simple girl like you, who never dealt with attention, therefore please look after her.

After that MC said the time is out so they need to finish the show. Surprisingly fans still have been cheering like nothing happened. Some have been shouting Young Saeng Oppa, some the rest of the boys. As soon as boys left the stage Jung Min came over to me checking if I was ok. It looked like he knew how to be nice if he wanted.

-          Now the difficult part, we will attend the party – he said.

-          I know  - I answered but without venom in my words. I sighed taking his arms again and fallowing him to the van that was taking us for the VIP party.