You have to be kidding me!

Fake Engagement

 

Jung Min stood there with big smile on his face which even more made me want punch him. Who the hell he thought he was to get me in so much mess? Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to move here after all.

-          Maybe you should call me Oppa? – he said and chuckled.

-          Don’t count on it – I said and went past him.

To my surprise the apartment didn’t look posh at all. You would think that superstars live in a villa or something since they obviously should have a lot of money. But what I saw was a decent looking kitchen, few rooms on left and right and ordinary living room occupied by four other people. One of them was reading some books that looked like comics, two of them were sleeping hugged to each other and last member slowly took his eyes of the tv to looked at me. I recognized this one. It was Hyung Jun, babyfaced guy, who gave me his number.

-          Oh that was fast – he said then came to me. – I am sorry for the mess, but we came back from practice not long ago – he apologized while looking at the mess in the room.

-          So wifey  - said voice behind me – do you want a drink?

-          Call me one more time like that and you will be part of the biggest scandal in the history – I shot him a death glare.

He has gone quiet but smile of his face didn’t vanish. I wasn’t sure what I was doing. I started walking around from one side of the room to another. The guys who was reading finally took his eyes of the book and said.

-          I am sorry, didn’t notice you there – he blushed. – Im not sure if you remember, I am Hyun Joong, the leader. – maybe you should sit up and we will talk.

I looked at him. He seemed reasonable to me. And I must say he was a real eye candy. When he stood up and went towards sleeping guys his t-shirt moved a bit up revealing a bit of abs. I hoped nobody noticed me staring.

-          Guys get up – he tried to wake them up. It looked a bit like a father wanted to wake up their children to school.  Slowly both of them opened eyes and scanned the room.

I stood there watching them. First one, tall guy with quite friendly face smiled at me whispering hello while the other one jumped of the sofa and run straight to the bathroom.

-          Sorry for that, our shy prince is obsessed with his hair – leader said and gestured to me to take a sit on sofa.

I sat down next to the guy I didn’t remember name of and sigh.

-          You know why I am here for – i started trying to stay as calm as possible.  – I am totally unhappy about the situation. I do not appreciate to be in any way associated to this arrogant person in this corner – I pointed on the Jung Min.

-          Why  - he asked innocently.

-          I don’t like arrogant people and to be honest you kind of ruined my life – my voice sounded like a poison.

Jung Min looked at me, his smile disappeared and he didn’t say anything else.

-          Situation doesn’t look good to be honest – said the leader.

The door from bathroom opened and last member walked in. He was the one who opened door last time. I could remember that dimples anywhere. He mouthed “sorry” and sat down.

-          I want you to sort out that mess – I stated simply. – I want to pretend that nothing happened.

-          I am not sure it will be possible – said Hyung Jun while other members confirmed with their heads.

-          What do you mean? Just say it’s misunderstanding, get a conference or something.

-          Fans and press might don’t believe us anymore. There are some pictures with you and Hyung Jun and it seem like that witch is saying stuff around. Unfortunately she has big fanbase that support her and she plays innocent therefore they will think she doesn’t lie but we are, if we will try deny everything now – said the leader.

-          It is a lie already! – I started getting furious.  – if you do not know I am not his girlfriend in a first place. Let me tell you something I will not play his fake girlfriend. I am going home. – I stood up and moved towards the door.

-          I don’t think it’s good idea – said the one I didn’t remember name of.  -  Press is probably already around your place.

-          How do they know where I live ? – I asked.

-          Seriously? You asking that question? They always know everything – Jung Min added.

I preferred him to stay quiet.

-          I think the best for you is to stay here for a bit – leader stated.

-          You have to be joking.... – I said. – It’s not going to happen.

I looked around the room.

-I hope not to see you again – I said while walking out the door.

I shot the door with much more force that I intended to. I left the building, got into the first taxi i found and was on the way to my apartment. I paid the driver and he left. And then irritated I started walking towards building I was staying at. Something caught my eye. Near the door I noticed around five to ten people. They were looking around the flats. Then one of them turn around and noticed me. He whispered something towards the others. Then I noticed microphones and other accessories that I assumed press had. So they were right. I guess you cannot feel safe anywhere. I had about ten seconds to think about escape plan. They all started walking towards me. I panicked, turned around and started walking faster and faster. I looked around. They almost were running.

Suddenly in front of me appeared black car. I thought that’s it, my life is over when the door opened.

-          Get in – it was Hyung Jun. – Fast!

I hoped in without any words and closed the door. Hyung Jun drove away with higher speed that it was allowed for sure.

-          Let’s hope I will manage to loose them –he said

-          Thank you – I whispered.

-          It’s ok – he said. – It really will be safer for you, if you stay with us.

-          But I have a work. I am ...

-           Web designer and programmer. I know – he said. – i checked. Press did also. It will be better if you will be working from home for now.

-          But all my stuff are there – I pointed behind as if my apartment was there.

-          I will ask security to get what you need from there – he didn’t look at me but focused on the road, checking from time to time if someone followed us.

Within few minutes we have been back at the building with glass door. Why press didn’t wait here? I wondered.

-          You are back wifey – Jung Min said as soon as he opened the door.

-          Stay away from me – I muttered. When I walked in to the living room guys were sitting around small table. Guys with dimples seemed to cook in the kitchen. I sat down next to them and put my head into my hands. How am I supposed to get myself out of this mess. I really wanted to talk to one person about it, but she wouldn’t pick up anyway. She hated me now. And because of that I hated Jung Min.

-          You can stay here for few days and we will see if the rumour will quiet down a bit – said Leader with concern in his eyes.

I must say apart of that one arrogant jerk rest of them seemed pretty normal I guess. Unless they were acting. Jung Min joined next to me. He didn’t smile however but looked at me a bit worried. I was tired and wanted to go home really.

-          Maybe you should get some rest till the guys get your stuff? – The no name guy said to me.

-          I might as well – I said. It was a little escape from all the chaos and them. There was one problem, where I could sleep? I looked around lost. I didn’t want to crush on sofa so everyone could stare at me.

-          You can sleep at my room – Jung min said but there was no joke in his voice this time.

-          No thanks – I whispered.

-          You can stay with me – Hyung Jun offered.  – Young Saeng can stay with Kyu Jong – he said pointing on the no name guy.

At least I knew his name now. I smiled to the Baby faced and followed him in the room.

It was small room with two single beds in it. There were some pictures on the both walls, family and friends I guessed. I scanned while room quickly. The only unusual think were  some boxes near the window and opened letters on a little table. Hyung Jun noticed I was looking at them.

-          These are from our fans,  Triple S – he stated and smiled.

-          There is so many of them – it has to be hundreds of them, put neatly in piles.

-          Yes, we liked to keep them. Thanks to them we had energy to coma back. For few years our fans believed in our reunion and waited.  So much love is in them – he said while looking at the piles. – WE have them in every room. We have even more of them at home. I even keep the first letter I got from a fan from 2005.

-          You actually read all those? – I asked beliwered.

-          Yes  - his eyes were bright – even so some of them, such as written in foreign languages takes more time.

I was shocked. Famous people really read fan letters?

Hyung Jun changed bed sheets quickly while I went close towards the table and scanned the letters. I didn’t read them as they weren’t for me but I wanted to touch them for some reason.

-          I will leave you now – I heard. – Please do not be to hard on Jung Min, he is not a bad person and he went through a lot – he whispered and left.