Chapter 2 - You again

Fake Engagement

 

I was working all night as I predicted and passed out around 9am, so I can have at least three hours of sleep before handling my project to my boss. Well all I needed was is to email him. I could aswel do it now and have longer sleep. If my deadline wouldn’t be so tight I wouldn’t have to work all night. I checked one more time before I clicked send and went to my bed. I didn’t even undress. All i wanted was to close my eyes and sleep.

I think it was about an hour when I heard knock on my door.

-          Joeeeyyyy – I heard – what day is today – someone was very happy back at my door.

-          Go away – I muttered and hide my head under the pillow.

So Yun did not agree to my request which wasn’t strange at all. She rarely took no for an answer. For a person in almost mid twenties she behaved like a kid sometimes.

-          Come on we need to get ready – she jumped on my bed.

Please tell me I am dreaming. It was not possible.

-          Ready for what – I said with closed eyes.

-          Aigoooo – she used her old ways of speaking in Korean with me – Concert what else?

Concert? What concert? Oh yeah I agreed to something yesterday. I opened one eye and looked at watch that stand next to my bed. It showed 10.30am. I blinked. Impossible. So Yun was now jumping on me. I could have kill that girl if not the fact I loved her like a sister. Then I had enough. I got my head up.

-          Why... – I said it slowly so she would understand – the hell... it’s only... 10.30am.... concert is at 7pm! Let me sleep.

I have put my head down on my pillow. But for so Yun, excited So Yun there was no chance I could sleep. Once in that state she would just jump on me till I either be sick or get up. I chose the second option. I dragged myself to the bathroom and had quick shower. Then I put my blonde hair into messy ponytail.

-          I am guessing shopping? – I asked.

I knew my best friend. She wanted to get new clothes to outshine everyone. Even so she knew most fan girls thought the same she always thought she had a chance to get his superstar. I bet when she was at her room she was kissing this big poster on her wall she had. Well I have never seen the poster but i could imagine she had one but probably since we moved not long ago she wanted new one. I didn’t know. She was so obsessed with this guys. I was surprised she never showed me them. I knew a bit of songs and seen some merchandise like the silver necklace she wore now. But I actually never knew their faces. Which made me wonder did she really never show me them or I just didn’t pay attention when she did. I wanted believe it was firs option as second didn’t make me a good friend at all.

She drove us to the mall as I could not drive. Simple reason for that – I was scared. She told me many times she can show me how but I always explained that blonde girls shouldn’t drive which made her giggle.

I think we went to all shops they had there. Okey we missed maybe the men’s ones and adult shop that was hidden in the dark corner outside of shopping centre but everyone knew I guess it was there. Or I hope so as I didn’t like to think I might be a bit weird. When So Yun bought her outfit she started dressing me up. I must say she was good at it. Then she wanted to go and do hair at hairdressers. Someone would think I am going for a New Years party not a concert of the group I didn’t like. At hairdressers I actually started to fall asleep as I had only an hour of sleep.

After all that we went back to the apartment. I had shower being careful to not ruin the waves that hairdresser given me. Then we both got ready and left.

When we got there queue was already so long that I was tempted to go back. But then So Yun pulled out some additional cards stating VIP and pushed to the front. I was waiting for angry crowd to hit us  at some point but then I noticed smaller queue maybe thirty people. So Yun smiled at me and we have been inside within twenty minutes.

-          We got places in front. Only forty people got passes yesterday and four got special passes to see them back stage.

-          I am guessing we are in this forty – I asked actually grateful for once. No queue means me being less irritated.

-          Actually we in those four too – she giggled.

That’s why she was starting to get ready early. She had passes to see them.  You have to be kidding me. How I supposed to stay awake?!  My eyes were closing when I finally heard music in the background. At least this time we have been near stage so she will be able to see them closely when they perform. I yawned. Then lights went off and all could see was a sea of green everywhere. Then I heard the voice. It was actually beautiful, high and well angelic. But still I don’t think it will be able to keep me awake all this time. Then the lights went on the scene and showed five men dressed in white staying firmly and smiling. I took my contacts with me today so i could see clearly. And then I wished I didn’t take my contacts. On the stage just metres away were five boys I have seen yesterday. No it couldn’t be. They probably looked alike. Then song finished and they  introduced themselves. One by one they were saying their names. And then there was “Park Jung Mean, y Charisma” and I almost fell to the ground. I was yelling at So Yun favourite group. If she only knew. But to my defence he was rude and full of himself.  I moved a bit behind my friend to avoid them looking at me. It was no use since she was smaller than me. It was lucky light were blinding them so i could hide in shadows.

I must say seeing my friend so happy after six years of her talking about them, crying when they started solo careers and crying again when they got back together was priceless and made me happy for her. When concert finished we moved back stage when a huge man checked us out and our passes. I got stressed. I didn’t want to go. We have been the first two to go and I was worried they will recognize me. But then I thought it was silly as they see million people all the time.

Security, a bit more alive that the one yesterday, knocked on the door.

Someone came over and pull them open.  He was cute. He had dark hair was a bit taller than me and had amazing dimples. It was one of those quiet last night.

-          Young Saeng Oppa! – my friend shouted like a teenager and almost throw herself on the poor guy. I am not sure not if I was worried about them being mean or her squashing them with hugs and jumps.

Poor guy didn’t know how to react and behind him appeared very athletic guy I have seen yesterday.

-          Come in – he said and smiled then looked at me rising brew. His eyes looked at his friend who gave me exactly the same look. They couldn’t remember could they?

-          I am So Yun – stated my friend then bow. It was just after she walked in. I followed slowly. – this is my best friend Joey – she pointed at me. I bowed.

At this point room went quiet and I got suddenly hot. I blamed it on lack of the sleep but as soon as I got my head up and noticed familiar person in front of me I knew.

-          Jung Min Oppa – my friend made funny sound again.

He had to be the one she liked. If she knew how arrogant he was. Pffft! She could find better person to like. We have been invited to sit on the sofa and So Yun started talking. When she was nervous she could talk and talk. I got bored and decided to stay quiet. At the end I couldn’t remember their names neither, nor I was their fan. I looked around and noticed that Mr arrogant winked at me again. I rolled my eyes. Seriously what was wrong with this guy? Then someone patted me on the shoulder.

-          Thought you are not a fan – It was the cutie who opened the door.

-          I am not- I stated honestly. – But she is my best friend and she loved you since I remember. When she asked  I came.

-          You could say no – He added but there was nothing bad in his voice.

-          I couldn’t. She means more than a sister to me.

He said “Oh” when the doors opened and someone walked in to the room. It was a girl, she was beautiful. She had long black hair, was tall and had flawless skin.

-What the.... – started Leader.

- Hello Oppa – she went pass Mr Arrogant and winked at him. So Yun got angry, I could see that. She did not say hello to anyone else and stayed by “Oppas” side. Then she looked on me and So Yun.

- Another fans – she laughed. It was cold laugh. I thought he was arrogant but she was worse. – Are that little beings think they can have you – she commented.

Then she put arm around Mr arrogant. I think he looked rather unhappy.

-          Stop staring – she said to So Yun. My best friend had one big flaw, she easily got hurt. I got annoyed – What? Jung Min Oppa would never looked at girl like you – she smiled perfect smile.

I got angry, very angry. I could see tears in my best friends eyes and it was enough to set me off.

I got up and moved towards the girl. I had no clue if she is rich, famous or nobody. I guess her and Mr arrogant were perfect for each other.  I was on my way. Everyonewas looking at me with shocked eyes, expecting trouble. And then something happened. When I was directly next to her mr arrogant or Min something whatever was his name stood between me and her. Then he turned his back towards me grabbing my hand in process. He entwined his hand with mine ad looked in her eyes. I guess I was to shocked to react or remove my hand. Everyone was quiet to the point you could hear people breathing.

-          Actually – he said in warm tone.  – You should be a little bit nicer you know.

-          I don’t Oppa, why don’t we go for dinner like before – she was now angry and confused.

-          Well I can’t – he added and then spelled each word he said. – M e et m y g i r l f r i e n d. This is Joey and the person you just insulted is her best friend. For your knowledge I’m planning to marry her so you can leave me alone.

I stood there breathless, shocked and furious.