Return

Fake Engagement

For next few days SS501 members were very busy. I didn’t see them much and I must say I missed Mr Arrogant at the times. Whenever I was sleeping they would just pop back home for few hours and then leave.  There were many fanmeetings, signings, tv appearances…. I was working most of those days. I had few meetings with my boss too in regards to new projects. We arranged it in a quite place avoiding unnecessary attention. I would never think that I might be well known, at least in Korea. After our last press conference situation seemed to be calming down. I still got few rude comments on some pages but most of the fans had been really understanding. “Oppa said it’s not true, so I believe it, they never lied to us” – one of them said. “She wouldn’t cheat on Jung Min Oppa” – was another one. It started to put smile back on my face.

 

My new friend from hospital and her sister were doing well. The older one got actually proposition to dance in one of new SS501 videos.

It was one of this afternoons when I was just lying around browsing internet. There were few rumours about Hyung Jun having a secret relationship but I didn’t take much for that. Sure he was out of house more than usual but it was related to the promotions. He went also visit his family for few days. There was soft knock on the door that get me out of me deep taught. Considering that it maybe some fans as it happened before I slowly went towards the door. Not many people knew our new location and we had pretty good security. There was another soft knock. I came close to the door. I couldn’t take a pick as there was not even a little window in this bog wooden door. I slowly opened the door taking a pick. There was a girl in front, with dark hair. She was rather not tall and skinny, or maybe more like model figure. Then she turned around on the sound of opening door. Our eyes met and it had hitting impact on me. I swear I felt dizzy at this point. What is that supposed to mean? I wasn’t sure how to react to the sudden appearance. Should I just turn around and close the door or jump on that little creature in front of me crying from happiness?

-          Joey? – soft and well known by me voice said quietly  - Can you let me in?

I didn’t say anything. I think I was slightly shocked and just opened the door letting the person in.

-          Nice house – she said politely.

-          Thank you – I responded.

I showed her way to the main room. Sun was coming nicely through window warming up the whole room. She sat down patting sofa and looking at the opened laptop. It was on the article regarding SS501.

-          Are you doing well? – the voice sounded and I got mixed feelings.

-          Yes I am. Are you? – I replied. I know I should say sorry and explained everything but I guess that visit wasn’t expected at all. I just sat there looking at her, thinking if she is a friend or a foe?

-          Joey I came here …… - she bit her lip like she always did whenever she was nervous – I came here to say  am sorry – she finally ended and looked at me with that puppy eyes.

Behind those eyes I could read how ashamed she was and hurt.

-          I taught you betrayed me. I was thinking you planned it all. But now I know you couldn’t.

I looked at her. Why would I plan it? I didn’t want any of this from the start.

-          I think you knew me better? Why would I do such a thing? It’s all because of that damn concert I am stuck here as Jung Min’s fiancé.  – I replied coldly. However my voice broken when I mentioned Jung Min and fake fiancé. I knew I warmed up towards him but it was not the time to deal with such feelings.

-          I know. And I am sorry.

-          Wait you turning up here after months saying you are sorry? You never texted me back, you never responded to the call. You haven’t been there for me  when I was slapped on the airport, when I went through the hatred of fans. And I did all to protect you! – I had tears in my eyes.

True is, all I wanted is to have her back in my life. I missed her. I was hurt that she ignored me and didn’t trust me all that time. She didn’t even say she is fine.

-          I was in Australia – she said after a while.

 

I looked at her. Why would she go there?

-          My mum decided to send me on some kind of course. I was still angry at you so I went away. Then I got email from Hyung Jun.

-          Wait – I stopped her – You got email from Hyung Jun?

-          Yes. Didn’t he tell you?

-          No – I looked at her. – So what you changed your bias and then coming back because he emailed you? – I was angry.

Thinking that she was back not from her own will knocked me down a lot. Tears appeared in my eyes again. She stood up and sat next to me.

-          No I wanted to say sorry few days after it happened but I was ashamed of my childish behaviour and then it was that bi deal with people following me. That’s why my mum sent me abroad.

The story made sense but did I wanted to believe that? I knew her eyes would tell me everything. There were tears in them.

-          You know I have never been good with admitting I am sorry – that was true she was stubborn as hell.  – and I taught you want my Jung Min Oppa.

-          You know that’s not – I stopped for a minute – true – I ended even so my heart sank at those words. It was hard to lie to myself and others.  – Me and him have a deal. I am helping him out.

-           I know. Hyung Jun oppa explained. But I am really sorry. It took me long time to getbrave, take flight back. I only came back a week ago…. – she looked at me crying. – I was stupid. I miss my best friend.

Seeing her like this I knew she didn’t lie. In one swift movement she crashed herself on my, her arms extended till day rested on my back. It was goo to have someone here, on my side. I felt lonely this whole time. I mean I had guys around me but having another girl to complain too it was better. My new dancer friend was still very young to understand what I was going through. Instinctively my arms went on their own and closed our hug.

-          So Yun I am sorry too. I really tried to protect you – I whispered.

-          I know. You didn’t even know or like Jung Min Oppa.

I went quiet. Yes that time I didn’t know or like him. But now whenever I was thinking about him, I was happy. Sure he was arrogant sometimes, childish and dorky but we got on much better. And I still didn’t forget that kiss even so it happened so long ago.

-          Wow you even have couple rings – she suddenly cried out loud.

-          Yeah – I said shyly.

Now when I had her finally back, how could I even admit that my fake relationship might not be so fake from my side anymore? Sure I couldn’t tell what I really felt towards Jung Min but I knew he can always brighten me up and I miss him as nothing else whenever he is around.

We have been sitting like that for about a minute when I hear door going wide open and heavy steps coming towards the room. Me and So Yun looked towards the place where the noise was coming from.

-          Joeyy yah! Are you home? – It was leader. I gasped. What they have been doing home so early. – Joey? We got some food, our schedule at radio station was cancelled… Oh – he stopped seeing unfamiliar face in the room. – Who is it?

-          Its So Yun… You know my best friend? You met her at your concert?

He put one brew up and then it seemed he understood.

-          Really? So you sorted things out? – he smiled.

-          Ne – my friend responded.

-          Hyung could you move – Kyu Jong tried to walk in pushed by Young Saeng. Then he almost tripped noticing So Jun.

-          Ahh hi So Yun – cheered Hyung Jun like it was perfectly normal to see stranger in the house.

Wait a minute, he seemed too comfortable. I know they talked and all but something seemed off.

The last person to walk in to the room was Jung Min.

-          Joey how was your… - and then he frozen.

-          Jung Min Oppa – smiled wildly So Yun.

Jung Min seemed confused but smiled even so she stood up and went towards him. I was thinking she will crash him from happiness but she behaved well. What happened to her? But her eyes were still fascinated. Jung Min looked at me with “ Are you ok? What’s going on “ eyes. I smiled .

Everything was perfect, or what it seemed. Because now when I started admitting that I might see Mr arrogant as a bit more than my fake fiancé my best friend came back. And I knew I will do everything to not lose her again, even if it means putting my own happiness away. So Yun was happy and she was back. I looked again at Jung Min and sighed. “It will be ok” I said to myself, put on a smile and went to the kitchen to organize the food letting my best friend to admire her ultimate bias.