Decisions

Fake Engagement

 

When I have woken up it was bright morning. It looked like I slept more than I needed. I looked around trying to remember what happened and what I was doing with this strange room. Then I noticed fan letters in the corner and all memories flood back in- Jung Min, So Yun, boyfriend, press.... I sighed. It was time to find and resolution to that ridiculous situation I have been in now.

I stood up, corrected my messy hairstyle and moved towards room. I heard some voices from the leaving room.  Didn’t they have a promotions or anything? It would be good not to see them for a while. It was actually surprising when I noticed them going towards the door. First person who noticed me was Kyu Jong.

-          Oh you up, we didn’t want to wake you.

-          Thanks I guess - I replied

-          We have a dance training and radio interview after – Leader said – feel like home and if you need anything Hyung Jun left his mobile for you in the living room.

-          Hmm – was all I could say.

Jung Min stayed quiet giving me my space, rest of boys waved and they all disappeared behind the door. I could finally get my head around what was going on. I found my clothes, laptop and some accessories in the room I was sleeping in and started to crave a hot bath. I took the occasion and prepared some nice bubbles. I was right hot water cleared my thoughts. I had few things to sort out: talk to best friend, sort work and then figure out what to do with Jung Min and press. At some point I was considering calling radio station and saying that it was all big misunderstanding.  I wasn’t so angry at Jung Min anymore, even so I still thought that he was to arrogant. We needed to put things right. I sighed.

After I finished bath I made some breakfast , even so it was almost afternoon. I opened my blue laptop wanting to check emails from my boss. First however I made sure I didn’t have any miscalls on my mobile. Nothing... It was quite weird really. I opened my emails and there was a message from my boss describing my next assignment. I was assigned to prepare a fan website structure for one of popular groups. It didn’t stay what group that was but there were some informations about members and any additional things I need to from their management company.

Project seem easy, five members , recently reunited four official fan clubs. As I had done similar project recently It seemed easy enough. I quickly checked some news on popular websites. Something was making me to look at music website and that was mistake. I had noticed a title with big letters: Girl spotted going to the apartment mentioned before. Is this Jung Min’s girlfriend? There was also a picture. But it wasn’t me that was on it. I looked with wide eyes. It was So Yun. Around her gathered fans, mainly girls while she is trying to get to the doors. I opened another Kpop webpage. There was more pictures and more informations”: Suspected girl is young So Yun...” and there was mentioning more horrible stuff like “possible pregnancy” etc.

I got furious. They started to stalk my best friend. Ok so she didn’t talk to me now but I still couldn’t let that happen. She was accused of some other things. But then there was another news stating “Mentioned So Yun confirmed to be in direct relation to a girlfriend of a member popular newly reunited group”. I could only imagine how many phone calls she got while I was safe in hiding. I needed a plan. After loads of sleep and relaxing bath my brain was working a bit better.

I grabbed my phone and dialled the number.

-          Hallo? – It wasn’t Hyung jun but Jung Min on the other side.

-          Mr Arrogant please let me speak with Hyung Jun – I said.

-          Ok – he whispered and passed the phone. His voice seemed distant.

-          Hello Joey? Something happened? – Hyung Jun asked.

-          I need to talk to you, do you get any break between appointments?

-          Yeah we have an hour between. Shall we meet in cafe not far from our apartment in half an hour?

-          Yeah – I said – Take that arrogant jerk with you – I added but there was no bitterness in my voice anymore.

I put my phone down, got dressed and sneaked away from dorms. I decided to walk to the next street and take a taxi from there. Luckily there was no traffic so I got to the pcover off. lace pretty fast.  There was only one cafe called Coffee Prince like in that popular Korean drama. It actually made me smile. I looked around then walked in. I found both boys sitting in the corner of the cafe away from windows. Not bad plan at all. They had hats and glasses trying to hide their identity. Like that would help. I sat down and rolled my eyes.

-          You know you look more suspicious in all that James Bond stuff right?

They laughed and took all.

-          Anything happened? – Hyung Jun asked as soon as I sat down.

-          My friend is in trouble – I responded.

-          You mean the one that doesn’t talk to you – Jung Min jumped in.

-          Yes, the one that is gone because of you  - I gave him my hardest look.

He got quiet and started to get very interested in the top of table. Hyung Jun just sighed and asked me to continue.

-          She is all over news on the internet, they really not giving her any space to breathe – I said.

-          That’s not good  Jung Min said again but in a bit lower voice.

-          I know.

-          I will get a coffee for you – Mr arrogant added and before I managed to protest he was gone.  

-          Don’t be to hard on him – Hyung Jun mentioned and I started blankly. Maybe I wasn’t so angry any more but it didn’t mean I forgave Jung Min for what he has done. – You see that girl you met then it was his ex girlfriend. When we were doing our solo activities Jung Min had an accident, then trouble with his ex management company. That was when he met her. Members all have been busy with careers so she easily got into his life. It was something serious for Jung Min, he fell deep. She wasn’t famous back then or anything. Even his mum loved her and one day Jung Min informed us that he will asked her to get married.  – he continued looking all the time if his friend is back. Then he looked down and went quiet.

Jung Min left a coffee in front of me and didn’t even let me finished as he walked away again mentioning  something quietly.

-          Few weeks before he proposed she suddenly got noticed and got her first contract. Jung Min was happy about it and thought it will be perfect time to ask her. He organized party in her flat. It took him two days to convince one of the receptionist in the building to get him and us in to the flat. We supposed to sing. When we all have been waiting, she finally arrived. But she wasn’t alone. She was with her new manager. But it wasn’t the end. Her lipstick was all over his face and she didn’t even try to hide what was happening. It broke his heart. In front of us she was laughing at him and calling him names. It was horrible. I didn’t think he ever saw any woman the same way. – Hyung Jun finished.

So she wanted him back now when he was back in the spot light. I sighed. Now I felt a bit guilty. But on the other side he shouldn’t get me involved.

-          I know it’s a lot to ask, but help him. I think you can help your friend and us if you will pretend for now to be his girlfriend.

-          If I do, my friend will never forgive me – I answered

-          Leave it to me – he looked deep into my eyes.

I thought about it for now. If I would agree to play this jerk girlfriend I will feel less bad for him and get all attention off the So Yun. But question was can I face living in spotlight myself? I was thinking about it deeply when Jung Min came in. I had only to say ok and everything will be sorted for now.

I could either let press to destroy life of my friend or make her hate me for taking her precious Oppa. Either way I didn’t want her to be hurt.  Then Jung Min’s phone rang. He picked it up.

-          What do you want? You have made enough mess – he kept saying.  – I told you I will never get back to you so back off – he was getting angry.

Hyung Jun looked at him with concerned eyes and I knew it was her, the woman that destroyed his life. One thing was making me interested, since he didn’t trust women why he got me involved in that mess?

-          You shouldn’t call any more... I don’t care... Don’t even try....

I was getting angrier myself now. If it wasn’t for her i could have my life normal and my friend would be happy remembering meeting her idol. Under emotions I grabbed phone from Jung Mins hand and all I said was:

-          Would you stop calling my boyfriend?