Moving forward

Fake Engagement

Rest of the day I was working on my project, that company sent me. To my surprise my company was pretty ok with whole situation. My boss actually seemed quite happy about the mess and I wasn’t sure why. Next morning I felt good enough to go for a walk. I didn’t say anything to the boys as I just wanted to be alone for a while and they left early in the morning anyway. I think they had dance practice as pretty much every day now.

I didn’t check any news about myself since I have gotten sick as I didn’t want to get upset or stressed. I put my favourite skinny jeans and nice green jumper. It seemed a bit dark outside but I didn’t think it will be raining. It was midday and air wasn’t cold at all. I looked around just to make sure all is clear. I decided to take a walk and then maybe bus to town. I was admiring neighbourhood and I thought all the drama regarding my and Jung Min’s relationship calmed down. People were passing me by but nobody said anything.

I took a bus to the shopping centre even so I had nothing special to buy. I guess I needed to think and kill the time for a bit. When I reached the destination and walked into the centre something caught my attention. There were few people standing not far away from me, watching. Firstly I thought there was nothing unusual but after going into and leaving few shops I could swear they were following me. I decided to leave the shopping for other day and just try to loose them. I walked out through big glass door and took faster pace. They followed me out and were coming closer and closer. I looked back. I couldn’t tell what age were people following me but they have been girls, I was sure of that. Are they angry fangirls? What shall I do?

I was considering calling the Jung Min or Leader but I didn’t think they will pick up. Then I thought about obvious – taking the taxi. It started raining so my prediction to the weather wasn’t accurate neither. I reached to my pocket and then got a bit scared. I didn’t have my wallet. I checked another pocket – no luck neither and no mobile. I remember putting in to the jacket. Wait, I didn’t have jacket. So my money were at home with my mobile. Not sure what to do I started walking even faster. AS my speed increased rain got stronger and stronger and I was now soaking wet. I walked into the first restaurant. I thought it will be fine but the group of strange people were waiting outside.

-          Excuse me – I told to the bartender.

-          Yes? – he replied with bored tone of his voice.

-          Do you have a phone I could use? –I asked

-          Yes miss – he replied – Its at the end of the bar, on your left.

I came towards the phone. I had to admit it looked like some funny movie episode. Who even needed a normal phone these days? As soon as I tried to put number in, it hit me, I didn’t know any numbers apart of myself and my former best friend. I called my phone first by there was no answer which meant that boys, no surprise were still in practice room. I chose the other available number. I was quite shocked when I heard familiar voice on the other end of the line.

-          Hello?

-          Please don’t hang up – I begged – I need your help.

-          So you calling me because you need something? – I heard poison in her voice – I can’t believe that. Do not ever call me again.

I had tears in my eyes just by hearing her voice.

-          I am in trouble. There are some people outside… I have no money, no mobile theres no one who can help. Please would you contact ss501 manager and ask him to help me. I am in Japanese restaurant next to the main shopping centre. – I said on one breath.

-          Why would I do that? – there was a sarcasm.  – We not friends anymore. Don’t try to call me again, I won’t pick up.

And the phone went silent. I started at the wall in front of me for a while then put phone down and looked behind. Crowd was still there. I couldn’t do anything.

-          Would you like anything? – bartender said to me when he noticed when I finished.

-          Do you mind if I stay here for a while since is raining?

He looked at me suspiciously but agreed. I sat on the chair next to the bar. It was getting later and later. Rain didn’t stop even for a moment but to my bad luck all stalkers or whoever that was had umbrellas. Bartender looked at me with pitty in his eyes and brought me a glass of water and towel.

-          Thank you – I replied and smiled.

After few hours I started to get tired and bartender started to get impatient. He probably thought I am homeless or something. Then someone put hand on my shoulder and I shivered. It came to my mind that one of these people were probably here now.

-          Joey – I heard familiar male voice.

I jumped all of sudden. I guess I was more scared than I realized.

I turned around and my arms caught the person behind me in a hug.

-          Thank you – I whispered.

-          What happened? – Jung Min said.

I looked up. His eyes looked concerned. Next to him stood Leader watching me closely.

-          These people – I looked around but they all have been gone.  – They left… Someone was following me.

-          Why you didn’t take a taxi or called us.

-          By mistake I left them at home – I said.

-          Anyway why you here? You know when situation is not clear about our situation you should be careful – Hyun Joong was serious.

-          I am sorry. I needed freedom – I sighed.

-          Well there won’t be much freedom now. You have been lucky. Anyway let’s go home since you are soaking wet – leader added and I got up of the chair.

I thanked the bartender who now was a bit shocked seeing ss501 members with me. I think now realization of who I am hit him as he watched me carefully when I was about to leave. Jung Min put his arm around me and I accepted it. Firstly we have been in public and second I was still a bit worried.

As soon as we got home I took a hot shower. When I finally finished leader asked me to take a sit on sofa. I was sure he will lecture me about me being irresponsible.

-          We have another fanmeeting in two hours. We need to leave soon.

-          I understand – I said.

-          Well, you will go with us – he added. –You should show your face more, since you to are public now.

I knew he was right. And I promise myself I will try to make fans like me for the duration of our fake engagement. I didn’t say anything just went to my room and dressed.

-          I am ready - I whispered.

-          Ok let’s go then…. Jung Min! Hurry up – he shouted .

-          Where are others? – I questioned.

-          They are already there.

 

When we arrived Kyu Jong came towards me asking if everything was ok.

-          Good that So Yun called Maknae – he said.

-          So Yun? – I was surprised.

-          Yeah.

So at the end my former friend did care about me. But where did she get Hyung Jun’s number from?

There was no time to wonder about that as I started to be treated like a star. There were people doing my make up, hair and choosing my outfit. After, what it seemed like ages I was finally left in piece. Jung Min came to my side and ask or my hand.

-          Show time – said leader.

I entwined my fingers with Jung Min’s and hand in hand we stepped out of the preparation room. I got really nervous. It was my first time on the stage. Members walked comfortably. When I heard screams I knew there was no turning back. I tried to convince myself I will be fine. I looked in front of me and copied guys forcing smile.

Some of the fans were smiling back, but some of them gave me angry looks. They were trying to give letters to the members when we have been passing by towards the stage. Fans however had been forced by security to step back. Few letters managed to reach Hyun Joong who smiled and thanked. Rest of the fans were pleading with security but they didn’t listen. We were almost on the stage when I noticed a little girl, maybe age maybe nine  holding green envelope. I think she was with her older sister. There was something in their eyes that took over me. It seemed like the green envelope hold their heart and lives. I stopped for a moment taking another look. My focus went to the girl and I ignored everything around. True was I have never been a fangirl like that so I couldn’t relate myself to that situation.  Little girl eyes locked with mine.

-          Jung Min – wait I asked.

Then I did something I wasn’t expecting from myself. I moved swiftly between security moving towards little girl. I almost reached them, ignoring screens and arms or other fans but security stopped me. I was scared of others I must say, but that girl seemed so innocent and important. I came towards the crowd standing behind the little metal fence, not bigger than to my thigh  . Security didn’t know what to do, members started moving towards me, watching me with shock in their eyes.

When I got to the girls I extended my arms and reached towards the little girl. She wasn’t scared, instead her eyes brightened. Her sister watched me closely as I took the girls up over the little fence.

-          What are you doing – security shouted in my ear but Jung Min was then by my side.

-          Please ask security to get her sister. It’s this girl – I pointed out.

He didn’t ask why I am doing this but asked security an soon the girl was standing next to me. All boys came towards me with unread expression. They collected them selves quickly and msmiled towards the crowd. Security seemed rather unhappy. All eyes were watching me. I put little girl on the floor and lower myself.

-          You have a chance now – I smiled – Who would you like to give your letter too?

She smiled at me and pointed on the Leader.

-          Go on then – I said.

The little girl run towards leader shouting “Oppa” and hugged his legs leavening a total surprised on Hyun Joongs face. Soon he brightened and lower himself towards little girl giving her a hug. Then he whispered something towards her. She gave him a little kiss on the chick and handed out her letter.

-          Thank you – the girl standing next to me said.

I looked at her now. She was about seventeen.

-          So Min is a big fan of Hyun Joong since she saw Boys Over Flowers.  – older girl had tears in her eyes.  – It’s her first fan meeting. I couldn’t take her before because she was in hospital.

Before I managed to ask any more So Min was by her sister side and security urged me to move forward. All members gave quick hug to the girl and I was pushed forward. Only then I noticed that fangirls standing around have been watching quietly. I looked back for only a second before stepping on the scene just to watch as security moved the girls just in front of stage. They both have been standing between stage and crowd now. I smiled.

Jung Min caught my hand yet again and smiled towards me. I knew it was a genuine smile. All members were smiling to. At least I managed to get make someone happy – I thought.

As soon as we have been on stage I let Jung Min’s hand go and moved towards the back of it and hide behind a little curtain. I got to watch everything from there. At some point I knew I will have to answer some fans questions but for now I could relax to the melody of a beautiful slow song.