Leader's story

Fake Engagement

It wasn’t dark anymore when I have woken up. I could feel something heavy on my stomach. There was also something covering my hand. I opened eyes slowly and looked at the clock near my bed. It was seven in the morning. I moved my head a bit up and I noticed a person sleeping half on my bed and half on the floor. Jung Min’s head was on my stomach, one hand on my, second on the edge of the bed. It looked like he fell asleep while sitting next to me. He was still fully dressed. In this very moment there was no sign of the arrogant jerk I met the first day. He look beautiful like an sleeping angel, his hair lightly fell, covering half of his face. Suddenly I wanted to touch his perfect face and moved hair covering his eyes. I moved my right hand towards. His hair were soft, nothing as I expected really. He didn’t react. I really needed to get up but I wanted him to sleep peacefully. I guess I gave him enough reason to worry. However mean he was for me, he still seemed like a good guy in the end. I moved a bit left so now his head was lying on the bed and my stomach was free. Same happened to my right hand. I got up quietly and wanted to put him to bed. As I stood behind him I heard:

-          I wouldn’t do it, If I were you – It was leader of the group Hyun Joong.

-          Why? – I whispered

-          He is kind of ….. aggressive… Just let him be.

I did as I was told. At the end I didn’t want to wake him up. Before I left the room I took a blanket that was lying on the side of the bed and put it on Jung Min’s arms. He must have been cold. With that I rushed to the bathroom feeling occasional dizziness.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My face had a bit of red colour which meant fever was gone. My headache disappeared also. I felt much better, still not fully recovered, but much better. I refreshed myself and moved towards kitchen. I found there sitting Hyun Joong, who started to observe me silently. Even in the morning his face looked perfect like on all those websites I recently have seen. It was like his good looks didn’t need any effort. He was cute but mysterious the same time. I could also feel his authority towards others. He looked deep into my eyes and for a moment I got lost. Then, first time it hit me. All of those guys have been actually rather handsome. Normally If I would meet a man like Hyun Joong on the street I would be charmed, but I guess all what happened recently made everything else unnoticed.

I grabbed a glass of water and sat opposite him. He watched me for a second.

-          You know,  It’s first time I woken up before any other member.

I wasn’t sure what to make of that comment so I just remained quiet.

-          But It was hard to sleep knowing that Jung Min had like an hour sleep. He was so concern that he promotions early and stayed with you all night. – I was shocked. The last thing I expected was him feeling so guilty to worry that much. – to be honest I am not sure why he got you involved with his life. Since he and Makoto broken up, he kept distance from girls. The only type of girls he actually talked were our fans. Can I ask you one favour? – he added sincerely.  

-          Ne – I replied – What is it?

-          Please help him. I am not sure how long you will have to pretend, but please do your best. I know you dislike him for some reason but he need you. I guess I will find a way myself to get us all out of this mess.

While listening to him I felt mesmerized. He really cared for s like there were his family. His perfect face looked concerned and I wouldn’t be able to say no to him, even If I tried. He charmed me totally.

-          I will – I sighed – but please help me. I have no idea how to deal with all that crowed. And you probably seen all angry comments, fans hate me.

-          They don’t – he looked into my eyes – they are just shocked. Do you know what happened when we went separate ways few years ago?

-          Honestly, I do not know much about the group – I admitted ashamed.

-          Few years ago when our contract finished we all signed up with different agencies. I do not want to go into the detail of what happened as not everything is black and white…. – he started – But our fans, TripleS found out that I was the first to sign off new contract. Also as a leader I had responsibility to protect other members. They needed to blame someone for the fact that group decided to do solo activities. Some of them turned against me and blame me that group stopped performing together. Truth was we never disbanded but had our reasons to go separate ways for a while. I still remember the hateful comments from people who claimed to be fans of SS501.

When I listened to his words I realized world of popularity is not easy as it seems. I felt sad hearing how fans reacted.

-          But then as years passed I noticed many TripleS to still stay behind me as well as my solo activity fandom. They were really showing me their love. I also got many messages and letters full of love, telling me that they are with me no matter what and that I always will be the one and only leader. They were even some who said that they lost faith but then after a while missed all five of us and remembered why we all have been important. So you see…. – his sad face changed – sometimes fans need time. They will accept you, you just need to show them, you are willing to protect group and that you also respect them.

-          Thank you – was all I managed to say. I guess he was right. I knew when I made decision about fake engagement that it will require effort therefore I needed to do something to make it a bit easier.  – I will make a breakfast. – I stated

All I could do for members for now it’s to thank them for taking care for me.  It’s not like a forgave Jung Min, that he got me involved but I wasn’t angry about it anymore. I might even treat that as good experience. Or maybe that what I wanted to believe in.

-          Shouldn’t you go back to bed – he asked suddenly coming over and touching top of my head.

-          No I feel better – I responded – But if you want, you can help me with breakfast – I winked.

He removed his hand and stared at me with this amazing dark eyes for a moment before his face turned to normal, calm and mysterious face.

-          I will – he turned around and stood next to the shalves.

-          And please call me Oppa – he added.

Normally I would refuse, but he was nice to me and it felt good to say that to him.

For the next hour me and him were moving around kitchen and cooking. Good that I changed clothes before. Even so I was still wearing only sweats it was much more comfortable clothes to cook than pj’s.  By the time we finished members were coming to the kitchen one by one checking what is going on. Kyu Jong tried to put me back to bed, Young Saeng implied I should sit and rest  and Hyung Jun asked if I really feel better. When Jung Min didn’t appear I decided to take risk and wake him up. From what Hyun Joong said, they supposed to have a radio interview later on and needed to get ready to fly to Japan later that week for a special concert.

When I walked in to the room Mr not so arrogant anymore was still deep asleep. I came closer and whispered to his ear. When there was no reaction I tried to shake him and I guess that was my mistake. As soon as he felt my hand on his shoulder he moved his right arm in a speed of light and I felt sudden pain in my thigh.

-          Yah – I shouted. Members came running to the room and watching me laughing as I was fighting with still asleep Jung Min. He didn’t even open his eyes but was moving his arms violently. – Stop hitting me…Yah!  - I shouted again and I think something clicked in his brain because he stopped, took few seconds and then his eyes opened. He looked at me with terrified expression.

-          Did I hit you?! I am sorry… - He was saying franticly while guys were still giggling in the corner.

-          If you didn’t want breakfast, you should just say – I stated a bit frustrated.

-          No it’s not that… - His deep voice suddenly sounded softer – By the way why are you up, you need rest – he stood up and moved towards me.

-          I am feeling better – I said calmly. – Now move your violent to the kitchen before food will get cold.

He looked at me not sure what he should do but as soon as he saw members leaving he moved after them. I followed mouthing quietly for only him to hear:

-          Thank you for taking care of me.