Party

Fake Engagement

We stood in front of many people, all six of us. Jung Min entwined my fingers with his looking at me, checking if that was ok. I breathed in and out. This situation was out of my mind. On my right stood always so quiet Mr Dimple himself. Before we moved towards crowd Young Saeng put hand on my back encouraging me to move forward. Within seconds camera’s started flashing and I knew that will be the day, that changes everything. I guess that was the moment when I knew I lost my best friend forever and won’t be able to live quietly for a very long time. I wasn’t sure how long me and Jung Min will pretend but I had enough already.

-          Smile – leader whispered to me.

I almost forgot that I supposed to be happy in love person. Jung Min was moving forward between press, waving and smiling. We stopped for a minute and he put his arm around me making a pose to take pictures. I followed his lead, tried to relax and smiled left, then right.

-          Is this the lucky lady – someone ask.

-          What is the name? – another question.

Everyone seem to be eager to know who is the secret lady that stolen Min’s heart. Little they know, his heart was still single and arrogant as before. I watched him carefully when he was taking another pose. He seemed to love it. But then all members looked like they missed all that attention.

I really tried to be so confident as them but I never liked attention. Which was quite funny considering position I was in now. My fake boyfriend voice woken me up from my thoughts.

-          Yes. She is the girl my heart beats so fast for. Her name is Joanne.

I looked at him and noticed how my name sounded weird in his mouth. I have been never called it by him before. I wasn’t called that for a very long time. It was always Joey. Then I started to think how did he know my name in a first place as I never told him.

-          What a cute couple – someone said.

Then there were few question for the other members regarding their comeback. One members words stayed in my mind after very long time. It was Young Saeng who said how members were his family and how much he felt alone as solo artist. The way he spoken about them really felt special.

When we finally passed all the press members, we entered the main party. Everything was beautiful and elegant, place I would normally not go. I got somehow more nervous and squeezed Jung Min’s hand tighter. In front of us was many of people I saw on video’s my best friend watched constantly.

One man in his thirties came towards us and smiled at Young Saeng.

-          I see you finally made it – he smiled.

-          It’s your comeback that inspired us – Young sang replied.

-          Yeah I remember when you said it on one of the shows – he added, then diverted his attention towards me – Hello. I am sorry I didn’t see the beautiful lady before. I am Andy.

-          Joanne – I said suddenly becoming shy.

He was handsome and I have seen him somewhere before.

-          He is member of Shinhwa – Mr Arrogant whispered to my ear.

That clicked. I remember So Yun, telling me about them. Apparently they have been active for several years. But that was all I could remember really. Other members of the group came over and everyone exchanged hello’s. Every person that came over was asking about me but somehow members managed to keep it to minimum, not reviling much from my past. It was around an hour later when I noticed her. She stood near one of the tables with a young blonde guy and smiled at him. Sudden anger rose in me and if I could I would tell her few words. But I had to stay lady like. Hyun Jun followed my gaze.

-          Thought Mokoto won’t be here – he said.

So her name was Mokoto. But wait isn’t it Japanese?

All members looked her way and when she noticed as she found a way over, dragging young guy with her.

-          Hello – she faked smile – Who I see here? Isn’t that girl you claim to be your almost fiancé?

-          Good to see you to Mokoto – Jun Min’s replied. – And yes she is. AS you can see we decided to make our relationship public since someone leaked informations already anyway.  – He had that scary face now that made me shiver.

His arm  was now around my shoulders resting gently, making me believe I am safe.

Blond guy was watching carefully.

-          Ah you might don’t know him. People like you do not know much – she hissed towards me with still plastered fake smile. – His name is LJoe. He is member of Teen Top who just made it to number one last week – she pointed at the guy.

-          Hello – I smiled and he did the same.

She was getting on my nerves whit her smile and fake eyelashes.  I wanted a payback. I wanted to hurt her. I could feel Jun Min muscle tensed when she smiled sweetly  towards young guy whispering something in his ear. Something pushed me to the edge. I wanted her to be jealous.  I wasn’t sure if it was to help my fake boyfriend or to got revenge for myself. Either way I came closer towards Jung Min.

-          Just smile – I whispered in his ear.

He did as he was told and then I gave him a soft peck on the chick, smiling like I said something nice to him. Makoto’s face got changed then and fake smile disappear. Minnie looked at me but his eyes didn’t show any sight of shock. He seem natural.

-          I would love to talk to you, Makoto – I said – but my boyfriend promised me to introduce me to Lee Seung Gi  - I said walking away.

-          Thanks – Minnie whispered as soon as we walked away leaving Makoto in frozen state.

-          You really want to know Lee Seung GI – Hyun Joong asked.

-          He was the only name I remembered really since I actually liked one of his songs.

That was true. I didn’t remember any names apart of that. So I used it. I wasn’t even sure if he is here but it worked and we now have been free from that little annoying person.  Rest of the evening went pretty smoothly. I was meeting new people, smiling and pretending to be in love. We left just around midnight. I was exhausted and only wanted to go home. I wanted to talk to my best friend as well. But there was no hope.

 

When I woken up next morning all members where sitting in the living room. Everyone apart of Kyu Jong was getting ready to leave. When they noticed me, their faces went worried and I knew something has happened. Kyu Jong remained quiet. I came over and took laptop from him.

“ Park Jung Min recently reveal secret regarding his love life. Joanne Hartley accompanied Jung min and other members of SS501 at VIP After Party hold in City of Seoul. As we found out yesterday from anonymous source, she is not only a girlfriend but already a fiancé. What a big news in k-pop entertainment! “

 

-          What the…. – I started when Young Saeng came by my side with Hyung Jun.

-          - It has to be Mokoto, she mentioned something yesterday.

She did. Now I was in deep trouble. How this happened? Within a week a became a girlfriend and then fiancé of the guy I didn’t even know…