Day out

Fake Engagement

I woken up in a bed. Didn’t even remember how I found myself there in a first place. Did Jung Min carried me to the dorms? I couldn’t recall anything. It was sunrise already and I could hear boys in the living room. I was wondering if they have any schedule at all or not. I got up and had a quick shower before showing my face to them. They all have been sitting around with Ipad’s and laptops checking their twitter’s, website and news. The only person who was doing something else, was Hyun Joong, whose nose was stuck in the book.

-          Hello – I said and smiled. I was in a good mood for some reason.

-          Good Morning – they replied also happy.

-          What’s going on? – I asked.

-          Come and have a look…. – Jung Min said to me mysteriously and winked.

I took a seat beside him and checked what he was talking about. He was checking some fan website.

-          It’s the biggest fan website we have. I remember it since Love Ya. But look – he pointed on the little icon on the website.

At the main page have been pictures of me with the little girl in the hospital. Then, further down there was something I didn’t expect at all. I read out loud.

-          “Unofficial fanclub of Joanne Hartley.”

Was it really true? So not all fans hated me? I smiled to myself. It was nice to seemed some positive comments from fans, who commented that I was kind hearted and  they have been happy that I am with Jung Min. I was wondering if they would be happy, if they knew that all this relationship was fake. We;; at least now I managed to stand Jung Min, I might even like him a bit.

-          They actually looking for a name for your fanclub – Kyu Jong said with smile plastered on his face, but to be honest he was smiling all the time these days. It was like watching him with his real brothers.

-          Hmmm… Guys…. Do you have schedule today? – I asked shyly.

-          We have a dance practice in a bit and then we have afternoon for ourselves. Tomorrow will be busy as we have a concert so there will be rehearsals and so on. – Leader responded.

When they left I decided to make some changes in my website project and clean the dorms. By the time I was done the doors opened. I turned around to say hello to five faces but instead there have been only one – my fake fiancé.

-          Oh hello – I stuttered.

-          Hi – he smiled. It was warm smiled not the cocky one.

-          Where are everybody? I wanted to ask what would you all like to eat sine I will be cooking.

-          Don’t worry about it. They are eating out. I wasn’t hungry so I thought we can go and do something? – he asked in much quieter tone – I haven’t been in Lotte World for a some time now.

I was shocked by sudden proposition. To be honest since I wasn’t in Korea so long I didn’t have a chance to visit Lotte World at all.

-          Sure  - I said. – let me change.

I have put some skinny jeans and blue shirt. When I was ready I followed Jung Min. There was no black van anywhere so I was wondering what’s going on. But then my fiancé grabbed my hand and took me to a dark blue sport’s car.

-          Jung Min … Is it yours?

-          No, it’s Hyun Joong hyung. He let me borrow it for today.

This situation seemed more like a date minute after minute. It couldn’t be date right? He is just doing it in a case press will be near because a matter of fact we didn’t go out together apart of official meetings and parties. I was quiet all the way listening one of SS song, the new one they released two weeks ago.

When we arrived Jung Min put his shades on, like they supposed to hide his identity. There wasn’t even any sunshine on. I rolled my eyes and followed him. He took my hand in his and entwined his fingers. I was about to pull my hand back when he softly spoken.

-          Please don’t. There is many people here, we still need to look like a happy couple.

I sighed. He was right. I know we still haven’t been that close but we needed to pretend to be in love all the time in public. There might be some of SS501 fans. I tried to relax a bit. We tried few rides which I wasn’t so happy about. Why? The reason was simple – I was a coward. So most of the time I was hiding my face in Jung Min’s chest or hold his hand while he was giggling. I swear I was probably more pale than a flour after fifth ride.

-          Are you ok? – He asked suddenly.

-          I am…. No I think I am dizzy – now I giggled.

He laughed to and now it seemed like we were friends. He dragged me towards little food shop and bought us some ramen. How romantic hey? We sat on a grass and shared the meal. It was strange to share food with him. He supposed to be my enemy. But I swear the barrier between us started to disappear slowly and it scared me. But on the other side whenever I looked how happy he was here I smiled. It was second time when I saw him so simple and just playful. It was first time when he seemed opened and relaxed. People were passing by looking at us. No one recognized us surprisingly and some older couples said we looked cute. There even was a comment “ They are probably newlyweds”. I smiled at that thinking about “fake newlyweds”.  Will we need to have a fake marriage too?

The last ride Jung Min too me on it was just before sunset. It was something I remembered from London. It was ride very similar to London Eye. It was one of those things I was scared the most. I just didn’t like closed spaces. Even so, seeing how different Jung Min was I went with him. However as soon as doors closed I started to panic. My heart was beating violently and I found myself sitting down on a little bench in that plastic tube.

-          Joanne? – he asked using my full name this time. He must have sensed something is wrong.

It was to late to go leave the space as we already have been in the air.

-          Jung Min? – I asked breaking my own voice. – Can you come closer?

Why did I even decided to come here? I tried to breathe in and out and closed my eyes. As soon as I felt Jung Min beside me I grabbed his arm and then hugged him. My head was now hidden in the line of his neck.

-          Why you didn’t tell me you are scared – he whispered putting his arms around me in protective manner.

I didn’t say anything, just kept inhaling his scent that somehow was calming me down.  

-          Come here – he said to me and placed me swiftly on his lap. I felt like a little baby now. What happened to that fierce girl I was once?

I pulled my head of his neck and looked around. It was a mistake. Even so I could tell the sunset was beautiful, being so high in a bubble made me feel suddenly weak. I’ve hidden my face yet again letting my lips slightly touch his neck. And then his muscle twitched. He chest started to rise now a bit faster and I could fell that he was fighting with himself this time.

-          Joanne? – he said quietly – can you look at me?

I didn’t move an inch. Then his right hand rested at my chin and forced me to look at him. His eyes were not only full of concern but something else. I wasn’t sure what that was. His face was only inches of mine and I concentrated fully on his eyes to prevent myself from looking around. The distance between us started to get smaller and smaller. I felt his sweet breath on my face now. I knew what will happen if I won’t pull away but somehow I was drowned to him. I tried to tell myself in my head that I the him but my body didn’t listen. It wasn’t him who closed the distance between us. To my surprise my instinct pushed me towards him and my lips rested on his. It was sweet at the beginning. I think he was a bit shocked as it took him a while to respond. But when he did, my mind went blank. How did I manage not to remember the drunken kiss. This one was so amazing. Then our kiss became more and more passionate. I lost myself in that very moment. I didn’t care anymore where I was.

-          Ehmmm – I heard behind us and we both looked around. It was only then when we realized that the ride stopped and the guy who operated it was waiting for us to get out. I got embarrassed and apologized straight away. He was smiling and people waiting on the next ride, probably last one, were giggling.  I took Jung Min’s hand and we left the ride trying to hide our faces from laughing people. When we finally went pass, we both go quiet for a bit trying to process what just happened.

-          I think it’s time to go – Jung Min said after a long while and I agreed.

I was still holding his hand like my life depended of it. What did I do? Why did I let my guard out?

I heard my phone in my pocket when we finally sat in the car and totally sure that It’s probably one of the boys I said straight away

-          Hello – in Korean

-          Joey? – I heard on the other side. But it wasn’t any of the boys. I knew that voice but it wasn’t possible to get that call right.

-          Joey it’s me, Xavier – I heard in the headset and my face frozen. My hands started sweating all of the sudden. Jung Min looked at me asking quietly if I am ok but I didn’t respond. He went back to focus on the road.  – I still can’t believe you left. I know I am sorry. But I am here and I want you back.

And at that moment I put the phone back. Xavier  - person that helped me to make a decision to come to Korea was here. That time apart of work it was him who pushed me to runaway from everything, It was Xavier, my ex….