You Got it Bad

My Boyfriend's Best Friend

 

Taemin slumped into composition class the next day. He made his way to the back of the class to sit down with the rest of SHINee. His eyes were puffy, with dark shadows circling them.
 
Jonghyun was sitting with his chair turned and his back leaning against the wall while Key had his head resting heavily on his palms as he leaned over the desk. Minho was staring at the floor thinking seriously about something and Onew was staring out the window while humming some OST under his breath.
 
"You look terrible," Jonghyun told the maknae as he sat down in front of Kibum.
 
Taemin cocked his head sarcastically. "Gee, thanks." 
 
The other boys chuckled, now awoken from their daydreams.
 
"Do you want to tell us about yesterday?" Key asked expectantly.
 
"How did..." Taemin trailed off. Of course Key knew about it. He always knew everything first.
 
"What happened yesterday?" Minho questioned.
 
Taemin quickly filled them in about Krystal's freak-out on Sulli. The result was instantaneous. Minho stormed out of the room, furious. Because of him, Sulli was being bullied by Krystal. Seeing Minho get up, Key quickly followed. He ran after him into the hall, leaving the other three boys confused and sitting in the class.
 
"Yaahhh! Minho-ah!" He yelled after him.
 
Minho stopped walking away and turned around angrily. "What?!"
 
"I don't think that's the best idea," Key told him. Minho looked puzzled. "If you are trying to pretend you don't like Sulli and you want to get back together with Krystal, this," Key gestured messily at him, "isn't going to help that image."
 
Minho sighed. He and Key had a sort of love/hate relationship. Even though they often bickered, they were always looking out for each other. That said, he still hated when his friend was right.
 
"I'm not saying you can't confront her, just make sure you understand the implications of your actions." With that, Key turned and went back into class.
 
*Aish... He sounds like my mother.*
 
Unfortunately, Minho couldn't deny the truth in Kibum's words. Sulli should be protected and defended by her BOYFRIEND in this situation. It wasn't his place to intervene. However, if the opportunity arose, he would definitely be talking to Krystal about this.
 
Reluctantly, he returned back to class.
 
                                                                                               *******
 
After class, Minho left to go to his locker with Taemin. He was grateful that the awkwardness between them seemed to have disappeared. 
 
"When's your next soccer game, hyung?" Taemin asked him as they turned the corner to their locker hallway. 
 
"This Friday," he answered. "Why?"
 
"I was thinking I might want to come," he said. "If that's okay?"
 
*As long as you don't bring Sulli with you.* Minho didn't want the awkwardness of hanging out with a lovey dovey Taemin and Sulli. "Sure," he responded.
 
As they reached their lockers, he saw Sulli was already there waiting for Taemin. Minho tried to contain the jealous feelings floating through the back of his mind as the couple greeted each other happily.
 
"Anyeong Minho oppa," Sulli said afterwards, turning to him.
 
"Anyeong," he mumbled coldly before looking away. He could see Sulli's face fall after his curt reply and it pained him. He felt he couldn't be as friendly with her as he was before. Not because he thought Taemin would be mad, but because he didn't trust himself. He wanted to keep his distance to prevent any boundaries from being crossed.
 
Sulli and Taemin chatted for a bit before Sulli left down the hall. As she departed, Minho watched her. Her dark hair cascaded down her back over her pink sweater. A sense of longing began to build inside him. He had become increasingly aware of how beautiful she was. How had he not noticed before? 
 
As he left for his next class, he found    himself thinking of her. In fact, he thought about her for the rest of the day. She was the forbidden fruit, the one thing he wanted but couldn't have.
 
In short, he had it bad. 
 
                                                                                                *******
 
Luna was sitting on the lower bunk of one of the beds in her dorm. She had a test in music tomorrow so she was practicing reading music. She was enjoying the peace and quiet considering the drama that had been going on between the other girls in her dorm. She felt a lot of sympathy for Sulli in this case, but she also knew that there are two sides to every story. No one is all bad or all good.
 
A loud noise shook Luna from her thoughts, causing her to curse in surprise. Looking up, she saw Krystal, who had thrown the door open. Her hair was frizzy and eyeliner was smeared under her eyes, presumably from crying.
 
"Krystal-ah, you scared me," she said. "Close the door and come in so we can talk." Luna had been anticipating a conversation with Krystal. Somehow, she often ended up playing therapist for the younger girls in f(x).
 
Krystal shut the door, careful to be quiet this time, and came and sat down on the bed across from Luna.
 
"Unnie... I feel terrible," she told Luna. Her voice was hoarse, like there was a lump in . "I... I didn't mean to go off on Sulli the way I did." Tears started to fall from her eyes. "I just didn't like her being so close to Minho oppa."
 
Luna tried to be understanding. "I get that you were upset because you didn't want her to date your ex-boyfriend but she's dating Taemin."
 
"Then why doesn't she act like it?" Krystal said, exasperated, a hint of her previous venom returning. Then she reverted to her remorseful behavior. "I'm sorry... I ... I just felt as though she was disrespecting me... And... I was also mad because Minho liked her back."
 
Luna sighed, *Now the real reason comes out.* "But I thought you broke up with Minho because you didn't like him? Did you change your mind?"
 
Krystal shook her head. "It's not that I want him back... It's that he moved on so quickly after I dumped him. I guess I didn't mean that much to him after all." She started to cry again.
 
Luna found it hard to be sympathetic to Krystal but she did her best. "Don't say that. Of course he cared about you, but you have to keep in mind that you did break up with him, not the other way around. In any case, you shouldn't take it out on Sulli."
 
Krystal nodded. "You're right, unnie. I'm going to go apologize to her," she said, determined. "But first, I need to clean myself up." She hugged Luna and ran into the bathroom to fix herself up.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Helllooooo dear readers.... I'm sorry if there wasn't enough Minsul in this chapter but I thought it was important to get Krystal's explanation in the chapter. I strongly believe that a character can't just be a villain or just be a hero. Everyone is both partially good and partially bad.
 
I will try to update soon lovelies~ Tell me what you think in the comments - sometimes I love them even more than subs :-)