A Letter of Confession

My Boyfriend's Best Friend
When Luna caught sight of Taemin walking into the school hallway, she could tell something was up. Even though he had been looking down lately, this was different. He looked like a mixture of heartbreak and, oddly, relief. It was definitely an odd combination of emotions. She decided to go over to talk to him.
 
"Taemin-ah, are you okay?" 
 
Before he could answer, someone walked up next to Luna slinging his arm over small shoulders. Onew. She smiled. It had been just over a week and a half now and she was still get used to the fact that he was her boyfriend. Yes. Boyfriend. Can you believe it?
 
"What's up?" He asked casually, addressing both Luna and Taemin.
 
Taemin sighed into his locker before turning towards them. His expression was sullen. "You know what, you're both here so I'll just tell you."
 
Luna and Onew exchanged glances, taken aback by the venom in their friend's voice.
 
Taemin waited a fraction of a moment. "I broke up with Sulli. We're done - for good."
 
"What?" Onew exclaimed at the exact same time Luna asked, "Why?"
 
"Minho," Taemin said simply, eyes darkening even more.
 
Onew scratched his head in confusion. "Did he do something? Why would you break up with Sulli for Minho? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to break up with you for him?"
 
"You would think." His eyes were steely and full of resentment. Luna could tell there was more to this story than he was going to tell.
 
"Are you actually going to explain anything or..." Onew questioned with exasperation.
 
"Actually, I don't really want to talk right now." Taemin started to walk off down the crowded hallway.
 
Onew began to follow him but Luna caught his arm, gesturing for him to stay back. She went after Taemin, convinced that she could act with more tact than her boyfriend. When she caught up to him she grabbed his arm.  When he looked at her, he could see understanding in her eyes. She knew why he had broken up with his girlfriend without him having to explain.
 
She gave him a weak smile. "Maybe it's better this way. She wasn't going to make you happy anymore."
 
He nodded. "I know. Let's just hope the two of them don't completely screw things up. Then it would all be a waste."
 
He walked away again and, this time, she let him.
 
*******
 
Dear Minho-ah,
 
It's been a while, hasn't it? I know there were things that I said, things that I did, that hurt you. For that I am incredibly sorry. I never meant for it to work out that way. I think I was just confused. I didn't know what I wanted but now I do. Now I know that it's you. It's always been you.
 
What I mean to say is that when I broke up with you, I made a huge mistake. I didn't appreciate you... Everything you did for me. I thought that I would be happier without you but I have never been so wrong. You make me happier than I have ever been.
 
I know I sound like a small child apologizing for disobedience or lying or something. In truth, I just want you to know that I miss you and I want to get back together.
 
I still like you,
 
Love from,
Your Krystal <3
 
 
Krystal read her letter of confession over again. And then again. She thought the way she had written "Your Krystal" was especially well done. It showed that she was willing to be his again. 
 
*You're so clever Krystal Jung,* she thought, mentally patting herself on the back. She had picked out some pretty parchment and had even gone so far as to stamp it with a lipstick kiss.
 
Considering the short period of time she had had to write the letter, she thought she had done pretty well. When she had overheard Onew, Luna and Taemin's conversation that morning, she knew she had to act. Sulli and Minho could not be together. Not when she was alone.
 
Months ago, she had freaked out at Sulli when she had thought that she was going after Minho. After physically attacking her, she had dropped the subject because Taemin and Sulli were dating and nothing happened between Minho and her.
Now, things were different. Since Taemin dumped Sulli so that she could date Minho, Krystal had decided that she needed to intervene.
 
When she had broken up with Minho, she had been counting on the fact that Donghae would accept her confession and Minho would pine over her. However, she had been rejected and now Minho was going to get a girlfriend?
 
That was it. Krystal would make sure they got back together.
 
*****
 
Minho read the letter over again, still as shocked as the first four times. She had been very clear. Months ago, Krystal had broken things off for good - and now she wanted him back?
 
"Minho-ah!" 
 
He flinched as he heard his name being called. He recognized that voice very clearly.
 
Krystal came running up to him in the hallways, making a scene. People started to crowd the hallway. Everyone had known about their relationship and breakup, so no doubt they were interested to hear what this conversation was about.
 
"Minho-ah, did you get my letter?" Krystal asked, batting her eyelashes.
 
Minho slowly nodded, his voice hesitant. "I did."
 
Krystal looked expectantly at him. "Did you read the whole thing?"
 
Using his peripheral vision, Minho spotting his friends walk in, joined by Sulli. He was sure the whole hall wanted to know about this letter and was listening very closely. "I did."
 
Krystal finally couldn't wait any longer and spilled everything out. "Minho, I know I broke up with you in the fall. It was a really big mistake and I want to get back together. I want to be your girlfriend again."
 
There were gasps from the other students and whispers flew from one person to the next. Minho tried to read Sulli's face from where he was standing, but she was too far away, blocked by various heads and bodies. The other students had now formed a small circle around Krystal and Minho, waiting to hear his response to her confession.
 
But Krystal didn't wait for an answer. She could tell his focus was elsewhere and that she needed to get his attention.
 
Reaching up, she kissed him straight on the lips.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: More WiFi, more updates!!! A cliffhanger for you lovelies :)
 
I will get back to regular updates within the next week-ish.