Cold Oppa and Jealous Hyung

My Boyfriend's Best Friend

 

Taemin could feel Sulli slipping away. He hadn't spoken to her since the incident with Krystal and that was almost a week ago. He knew that she was busy, but he also knew that he was supposed to see his girlfriend more often.
 
The first night of the senior camp trip, he decided he needed some time with her. After the teachers had ordered them to go to sleep, Taemin crept out of his cabin.
 
He made his way across the clearing to f(x)'s cabin. As he went, he realized how weird it seemed, him creeping over to a girl's cabin in the middle of the night.
 
When he got to the window of the cabin, he whispered Sulli's name. She awoke quickly, looking over to where the sound had come from with surprise. Good thing she was a light sleeper. Seeing Taemin she gave him the five minute signal and he went to wait for her.
 
After a few minutes, she popped out of the cabin. He noticed she had changed out of her pyjamas.
 
"Taemin you're suppose to be asleep!"
 
"I'm a rebel. What can I say?" He boasted.
 
Sulli giggled at the irony. Taemin, a bad boy?
 
"Come," Taemin grabbed Sulli's hand, pulling her. "I want to show you something."
 
He brought her to the main dock by the lake. The night sky was clear. 
 
"Look at the stars," he said tilting his head to see the sparkling canopy above them. 
 
Taemin watched as Sulli marvelled at the beauty of the night. It was crazy how much clearer the sky was in the country than in Seoul, where city lights masked the shine of the stars.
 
As he gazed up at the sky, he felt her turn to him and rest her head on his shoulder. He felt happy when they were together yet he couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't really with him.
 
"Do you want to go swimming?" he asked her spontaneously. 
 
"I already unintentionally went in today but I would love to actually swim," she answered with a smile.
 
Taemin smiled back but his heart sank as remembered that afternoon's events. He had heard it from the other seniors. How Sulli had fallen in the lake. How Minho had jumped in to "save" her. He wasn't clueless. He knew what was going on with his hyung.
 
Taemin tried to shake those thoughts away. He picked up Sulli threatening to throw her into the lake.
 
She squealed, bracing herself for the frigid water. Before he could throw her in, he saw a light turn on and her the voices of teachers.
 
He put Sulli down. "!" He exclaimed. "The teachers are coming! We must have made too much noise."
 
Sulli grabbed his hand and they ran back towards their cabins.
 
Right before Sulli went back into hers, she hugged Taemin.
 
"Thank you yeobo, this was fun." She kissed his lips quickly and darted back inside her cabin.
 
*****
 
The next day at breakfast, Minho could feel Sulli's glare piercing into his back like a dagger. When he turned around to look at her table in the breakfast hall, she didn't look away, just stared at him with fiery eyes.
 
Due to their argument yesterday, as well as his continuous avoidance of her, she was obviously upset with him.  He tried to convince himself it was better this way but he could hear his heart protesting. If he stayed away from her, she and Taemin could continue with their relationship and be happy. The only problem was that all Minho wanted to do was be near her.
 
Last night, when he had heard Taemin leave the cabin, he knew where he was going. As much as he tried, he couldn't help but be jealous. He imagined himself under the stars with her, the one she called yeobo, the one kissing her.
 
After breakfast, all the students filed into the main field for their next activity: hiking. The seniors were all placed, to both Minho and Sulli's dismay, in the same groups as the day before. They were each appointed a guide before setting off into the forest.
 
As they walked through the woods, following the guide, Minho noticed how the paths split and s intricately through the trees. *I'm definitely glad we have a guide*.
 
During the hike, Minho made sure to walk at the back of the group, carefully avoiding Sulli. Key dropped back to talk to his friend.
 
"How is the pretending-to-be-uninterested thing going for you, Minho?" He asked, smirking.
 
"I'm not pretending anything," Minho retorted firmly. "I don't know what you mean."
 
Key opened his mouth to say something sassy but was distracted by what was going on with the rest of the group.
 
Sulli was holding her ear and looking at the ground. "I think I lost one of my earrings while we were walking. I need to go back and look for it."
 
The guide sighed. "All right, we'll all go back."
 
"Ah aniyo," Sulli insisted. "You guys carry on and I'll catch up after I find it."
 
The guide considered it for second before refusing her offer. "I can't let you walk through the woods by yourself."
 
Suddenly, Key had an idea. "Minho can go with her!"
 
*****
 
Sulli trudged through the forest, irritated that she had been roped into more alone time with Minho. Although, to some degree she found it funny that no matter how much he tried to avoid her, they always ended up stuck together.
 
"What does the earring even look like?" Minho asked with an irritated tone.
 
"It's a small circular blue stud," she replied, keeping her eyes glued to the ground as she scanned it for the piece of jewelery.
 
They were quiet for a bit as they searched. 
 
"Who even wears jewellery on a hike?" Minho asked after a while.
 
Before Sulli could answer, she spotted the earring on the ground.
 
"Yah!," she pointed at it. "I see it!"
 
Minho bent down before she did, picking it up for her.
 
*Aigoo, what a gentleman,* she thought but didn't say. She was supposed to be mad at him. Minho seemed to pick up on her thoughts though,  because he smirked at her expression.
 
Ignoring him, she said, "We had better catch up now."
 
They turned to go back, following along the path. Soon, however, they came across a split in the road.
 
And at the same time, they realized they had no idea where they were going.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger! I'm just trying to move the story along and create a bit of suspense.
 
Thank you to those of you who have been supporting this fic :D
 
I love you guys :*
 
 
Oh and new poster, you like?