Faking

My Boyfriend's Best Friend

 

Minho was woken up by loud, animated yelling. He pulled his pillow over his ear, pressing the other one to his mattress. They had gotten to the beach house late the previous night and he was still tired. The next thing he knew, someone had pulled the pillow away from him and was smacking him with it. 
 
Rubbing his eyes, he looked at his attacker. Correction = attackers. Key and Jonghyun were jumping on his bed and hitting him with pillows.
 
"Come on, Minho- ah," Jonghyun yelled. "Time to get up!"
 
Minho sat up, grumbling. "Is Onew-hyung even awake?" Onew was easily the latest sleeper in the group.
 
"Yes, actually," Key answered, smirking. "He seemed pretty keen to get up actually."
 
Jonghyun grabbed Minho's arm, pulling him. "Come! We're going to the beach!"
 
*****
 
Half an hour later, the whole group, all 11 people,  was ready to go. They all trudged over to the beach and set up their towels and umbrellas on the sand. 
 
As Ji Eun was  setting up her umbrella, Jonghyun rushed over. 
 
"Here," he said, opening her umbrella for her. "Let me do it." He drove it firmly into the ground.
 
Minho, just a little bit over from the two, noticed his hyung. He glared at him. Why was he trying to put the moves on his cousin?
 
Soon, Onew suggested they play a game of beach volleyball. Since Krystal wanted to tan and Ji Eun and Luna wanted to watch, the teams were divided so that Minho, Key, Taemin and Victoria were on one team and Sulli, Jonghyun, Amber and Onew were on the other. 
 
Minho, to his shame, soon realized that Sulli was only wearing a bikini. He tried not to notice but he could feel his cheeks getting warmer. He also realized he was shirtless, feeling even more embarrassed. 
 
*Babo. You were shirtless when you have her your sweatshirt at hat party too.*
 
Because he was playing against Sulli, Minho managed to tone down his competitiveness. On the third point though, Jonghyun made an impressive spike, sending the volleyball flying towards the sand on the opposing team's side. 
 
"Yes!" Jonghyun cheered, high fiving Onew. "Ji Eun-ah, did you see that?"
 
Minho glared at him again, furious that he kept hitting on her. Suddenly, Minho felt like he wanted, no needed, to win. The next time the ball came on his side, he spiked it as hard as he could, sending right into Jonghyun's stomach.
 
It shouldn't have hurt that much, but Jonghyun clearly had a plan. He began whining and making a big deal, clutching his stomach.
 
"Ow!" Jonghyun groaned, bending over as though he could hardly stand. "I think I'm going to go back to the house to sit down. Ouff."
 
Ji Eun suddenly jumped up. "Oh! Are you okay, oppa? Let me help you. I'll come with you."
 
She went with him back to the house, Jonghyun winking at Minho as he left.
 
Minho cursed under his breath. He had played right into Jonghyun's hands. 
 
"Nice going, Minho," Key said sarcastically, elbowing him.
 
*****
 
That night, Sulli and Luna decided to go sit outside on the porch while everyone else played cards inside. The sun was setting so it was nice to be outside. 
 
"Is something upsetting you, unnie?" Sulli asked Luna. "You're acting like something's bothering you."
 
Luna sighed. "I'm worried Onew oppa doesn't like me."
 
"Why would you say that? He asked you on a date, didn't he?"
 
Luna told her about how she though Onew was going to kiss her goodnight after the party but had pulled away.
 
"I'm sure he's just shy," Sulli reassured her. "This is Onew we're talking about. He can be kind of awkward.
 
Luna giggled.
 
Just then, Jonghyun came outside to sit with them.
 
"Am I interrupting 'Girl Talk'?" he asked good-naturedly.
 
They shook their heads.
 
"Actually, Sulli I was wondering if you would do me a favour?" He asked nervously.
 
"Sure, what is it?"
 
"I really like Ji Eun but it seems like Minho keeps trying to get in the way, like an overprotective cousin," he explained. "Since he seems to listen to you,  maybe you could talk to him about easing up?"
 
Sulli laughed. "I'll see what I can do."
 
"Thanks!" Jonghyun said happily before saying goodbye and going back inside.
 
Soon, someone else came outside. It was Onew. He had a sort of nervous look on his face that told Sulli he wanted to talk to Luna. Sulli nudged her friend playfully.
 
"You know, maybe I will go play cards," she decided, going back inside. "You two have fun."
 
It was interesting. She had such jumbled thoughts about her own relationship, yet she was apparently setting up everyone else's.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE!!! Hopefully it makes up for he fact that I've been a bit lazy with my updates.
 
 In addition, I want to finish this fanfic very soon because I'm going away for 2 weeks. So, maybe, there will be more double updates in the future.
 
Oh and I reached 50 subscribers! Yay!!! To many people, this may not seem like a lot but this is my first fanfic and when I started I honestly didn't think I would get even 1 sub. So thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!