Under the Influence

My Boyfriend's Best Friend

 

Onew felt very nervous as he drove Luna home. She was sitting next to him in the passenger seat, her hands folded on her lap. His stomach was filled with jittery butterflies. It caught him off-guard. It was as though he hadn't realized just how much he liked Luna until now. 
 
When he had picked her up from her house, his breath had caught in his throat at the sight of her. Her hair was pulled back and she wore only a bit of make-up, but Onew preferred the natural look anyways. She was wearing a denim vest over a casual summer dress. Even though she wasn't too dolled up, Luna could still make his heart beat wildly against his chest.
 
The party had been great. They had conversed naturally, talking about just about every topic under the sun. When a slow song came on, they had danced together; her head on his shoulder, his hand on her waist.
 
Now though, as he pulled up in her driveway, he felt enormous pressure. His palm became clammy and his heart began to race again. Was he supposed to kiss her? Or shouldn't he, in order to be a gentleman? 
 
In a nervous daze, he felt himself get out of the car and open the passenger door for her. They walked up her cobblestone walk together, stopping in front of the door.
 
"Thank you for tonight," she said, smiling. "I had a great time."
 
Onew nodded. "Me too. We should do it again sometime."
 
There was a pause. He knew this was his chance. She was standing there expectantly.
 
All he had to do was...
 
"Goodnight," he said, chickening out. "See you at school."
 
"Goodnight," she replied, her face slightly crestfallen.
 
He walked back to his car, mentally slapping himself.
 
Lee Jinki, what is wrong with you?
 
*****
 
Minho kept one eye on Sulli as he drove her to the hospital. Her eyes were glassy and her expression was dazed. Clearly, she was still acting under the effects of the spiked drink. At one point, he heard her rambling on about unicorns and fairy princesses. He decided not ask.
 
When the pulled up in the hospital parking lot, he went to unclip his seatbelt. As he was going to get out of the car, Sulli grabbed his arm.
 
"Wait," she said quietly.
 
He sat back down in his seat, turning to face her.
 
"I have to tell you something," she said while giggling.
 
Minho was reminded that she was currently not in her right mind.
 
"Minho," she said, making an "O" shape with . Her eyelids were weighing heavily over her eyes like curtains. She giggled again, making her fingers tiptoe up the side of his arm.
 
Minho flinched under her touch. He looked over at the girl across from him. He saw the natural fall of her hair, the clearness of her skin, the length of her eyelashes and the fullness of her lips. He could kiss her if he wanted. Right then, right there.
 
"Minho," she repeated. "I... I think I like you too." She laughed, but then became silent again, her eyes foggy.
 
Minho wished he could believe her words but he knew it was the drugs talking. 
 
"Minho..." She said one last time, leaning in towards him. 
 
She rested her forehead against his, closing her eyes, waiting.
 
Minho closed his eyes too. She was so close he could smell her watermelon shampoo. He could feel her smooth skin against his forehead. He could almost taste her.
 
He wanted to kiss her, to take her face in his hands, to press his lips against hers, to feel the warmth of her body. 
 
But he couldn't.
 
He couldn't take advantage of her when she was vulnerable, impaired. He pulled away from her, his heart screaming in protest. 
 
"Come on," he ordered, his voice hoarse. "We need to get you checked out."
 
She stayed suspended in the air for a moment, right where he had left her. Her eyes opened and her face morphed into a confused expression. She got out of the car as instructed, proceeding to twirl around in the parking lot while singing "Sorry Sorry."
 
Minho couldn't help but smile. He took her hand.
 
"Come. The hospital is this way."
 
Once inside, she was evaluated by the same doctor as last time. When he saw the two of them again, he sighed.
 
"Is this going to become a habit with you two?"
 
Minho shook his head while Sulli looked curiously around the room.
 
"We're sorry to disrupt your busy schedule, sir, but I'm worried about her. I think someone spiked her drink with some sort of drug. It was at a house party."
 
The doctor nodded. "I'll run a few tests and maybe give her counter-active medication."
 
Sulli let got of Minho's hand and sat down on the examination table.
 
Looking at her cute face and her appearance in his red sweatshirt, for a moment Minho wished he hadn't been so noble.
 
He wished he had kissed when he had the chance.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: I'm sorry if this was short but I thought the chapter fit best like this.
 
ISN'T MINHO JUST PERFECT?! Omo... I hope you are starting to see the light - although many obstacles remain for our lovely Minsul couple ^_^