Official

My Boyfriend's Best Friend

Krystal's heeled boot snapped against the floor as she walked down the school hallway. It was weird being in an empty hall; sounds echoed louder, the air felt colder. She wasn't used to it because she rarely stayed after school. Only now, she needed something.

She turned into the computer lab which contained about a dozen students, almost all boys, hunched over desktop computers. SM High didn't have that many traditional "nerds". To get in, you had to been cool, talented and good-looking. That said, there were still some intense gamers and hackers, and this was where they hung out.

She scanned the room, trying to pick out which of these students she would ask for help. Her cat-like eyes zeroed in on a small boy, probably a freshman, in the back of the room. She went over and slid into the chair beside him, pretending to occupy herself on the adjacent computer.

"When does the computer lab close?" She asked him, starting the conversation.

He looked up at her in surprise, having been too absorbed in his game to notice her sit down beside him. He nervously checked his watch. It was clear they didn't have cheerleaders come into their hangout room all that often.

He gulped. "Umm... 25 minutes from now."

She nodded, glancing over at his screen. "What game is that?"

He seemed frazzled by all these questions and barely mumbled the answer. Krystal didn't hear what he said, but didn't care enough to ask him to repeat himself.

She decided to play dumb, giggling. "I don't know much about gaming. I just came for the Internet connection." She opened up the web browser window on her screen. "Actually, I could use some help... With computer stuff."

He pointed at himself as if to say, "Who? Me?"

She dropped her voice to a whisper. "Do you know anyone in here who is good at hacking?"

He seemed to puff out his chest. "Well... I am pretty experienced in that sort of thing. Usually the other kids come to me for help with that, actually."

Krystal grinned, clapping her hands together. "Looks like I picked the right person to sit down next to."

The boy’s face flushed and Krystal suspected he would be telling his friends about how he came to the aid of a hot senior girl. "What can I help you with?"

She smirked, lowering her voice even further. "I need to dig up some information on someone."

*****

Minho spend the entire next day, and the day after, and the day after thinking about his date with Sulli. He thought back to how he had felt when he and Krystal had been dating, and it didn't compare to this. This was better.

He must have looked happy because both Onew and Jonghyun asked him why he was in such a good mood. At first, he didn't want to say that he had gone on a date with Sulli, because of Taemin. But, he realized, if they were to eventually actually date, everyone (including Taemin) would have to get used to it.

Onew had been especially enthusiastic, insisting they go on a double date with him and Luna sometime. Jonghyun had merely said that soon they would have a relationship as perfect as his and Ji Eun's, causing Minho's blood to boil. He still didn't like the idea of Jonghyun dating his cousin.

One day at lunch, Minho decided to head off to the practice room. Spring was practically here and their big concert for the SM Entertainment executives was swiftly approaching. They only had a few months before their entire futures where decided.

When he went to the mirrored dance room, he heard someone already practicing inside. Their music (a girl group's) was blaring from the intricate speaker system.

"Mystery, mystery molla molla, ajik naneun molla."

Peering around the corner, he saw Sulli practicing her dance. She was obviously getting frustrated because her eyebrows were scrunched together and her lips were pursed.

“Rough practice?” He asked, stepping into the dance hall.

“Aren’t they always?” Sighing, she clicked the music off.

“Anyway I can help?”

Cocking her head and raising her eyebrow, Sulli’s conniving mind formed a devious idea. “Actually, I think it would really help me to see someone else doing the dance.”

Confused, Minho didn’t yet understand her implications. “Do you want me to go get Luna or Victoria? Or Key? He’s oddly very good at girl group dances.”

Sulli shook her head. “How about… You?”

Letting out an awkward laugh, he shook his head adamantly. “I don’t think so.”

“Come. I’ll show you.” The music came back on, filling the room.

Beginning her routine, she turned away from him moving quickly through the steps in time. Nearing the middle, she was a little slow on one move, causing her to fall out of the rhythm.

“Now you see why I need practice.”

“Maybe.” Minho was skeptical. “But there’s no way I’m doing that dance.”

“I figured you would say that.” She sat down against the mirror, out of breath.

A few minutes passed without any words exchanged. Yet, there were so many questions suspended in the air.

“Sulli?”

She looked up, giving him an expectant look.

“What are we doing? I know you wanted things to move slowly but…” Minho paused. “Do you want to date me or not?”

There was a long silence as Sulli seriously considered his question. Though Minho felt like he knew her response, he couldn’t prevent a cold, eerie doubt from drifting across his mind.

“I do,” she said finally. “In fact, in kind of think that I always have.”

Though underneath his happiness he felt pain and guilt, a stupid grin formed on Minho’s face. “So… That’s it. Are we dating now?”

Laughing, Sulli got up and took his hand.

“I guess we are... boyfriend.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: It’s been a while, or a bit longer than I had wanted. I am developing a love/hate relationship with this story :/

That said, I’ve changed the name and edited the foreword and I honestly plan to finish this fanfic out properly.

Oh, and there’s a poster on the way :D