A Little Fanboy

My Boyfriend's Best Friend

 

"Did you think I wouldn't find out?"
 
"Find out what?" The woman asked, her brows furrowing.
 
"Is there a reason I got my acceptance letter nearly a month after the rest of the trainees? That the reasoning for my acceptance was noted as 'appearance and charm'? That everyone at school can either rap better or sing better or dance better than me?"
 
Her mother shook her head. "I don't know why you're putting yourself like this. You are very talented."
 
"Cut the crap Eomma and tell me how I actually got into SM High. Tell me the truth." Her voice cracked with emotion.
 
Her mother looked at her feet. "There... There were other circumstances involved."
 
"Other circumstances?! I can't believe this. You bribed my way into the most prestigious school in South Korea!"
 
"Sulli... I-"
 
"How much did it cost you? Let me guess. They wouldn't accept me unless you paid an absolute fortune."
 
"Sulli don't be like this. I'm sorry."
 
"You should be sorry because now I'll never belong."
 
She stormed off, slamming the door behind her.
 
 -
 
*Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg*
 
Lost.
 
That's how she had felt that day three years ago.
 
That's how she had felt for the past few months.
 
*Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg*
 
But now, after so much had happened, she felt the fog lifting. She felt like, somehow, she could find her place.
 
Why shouldn't she give him a chance? She wanted to. Taemin wanted her to.
 
*Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg*
 
 For the first time in a long time, she knew what she had to do, what she wanted to do. And for once, she had no doubts. 
 
She felt sure of herself.
 
*Rrrrriiiiiiiiiii - *
 
Finally, on the fourth ring, he picked up.
 
"Yoboseyo?" 
 
To her shame, her heart leaped just at the sound of his voice.
 
"Minho-ah?"
 
As soon as he heard it was her, he began apologizing profusely for not picking up the phone quicker, saying he had been in the middle of doing laundry. For some reason, she found the fact  that he was doing chores amusing.
 
Minho then turned serious and concerned. "By the way Sulli, I hope you know that I turned Krystal down and that she kissed me. It meant nothing."
 
Sulli found herself nodding, then realized he couldn't see her. "I know."
 
It was interesting. Not even for a brief moment did he consider asking him about Krystal; about the kiss, did he reject her, what did he say, etc. She was completely confident that he  hadn't accepted her feelings.
 
"Minho I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow."
 
He sounded confused. "Tomorrow is the weekend. Why will I see you?"
 
"11:00 am. In front of the school. Be there."
 
And she hung up quickly, hardly able to contain her excitement.
 
*****
 
Minho in a short breath of air. With spring approaching, the air was warming up- but barely. He could still see the faint cloud of his hot breath as he exhaled. 
 
It was weird being at school on a weekend. Sort of like when you see back-to-school TV commercials in June, or when you see your teacher outside of school doing things that weren't remotely school related. It was all wrong. Hopefully Sulli didn't plan on hanging around the school all day. Then again, he would be happy doing pretty much anything with her.
 
"I didn't tell you to be here for another 15 minutes. Someone is eager."
 
He looked up to see Sulli walking towards him, chuckling. "Well wouldn't have wanted you to be waiting for me out in the cold."
 
"How gentlemanly of you," she praised him, smiling.
 
"While we are on the topic of being gentlemanly," he continued in a pompous accent, "to what to I owe the honour of receiving such a cordial invitation from such a lovely lady?"
 
He swelled up inside when he saw that he had made her blush.
 
Sulli put on her own pompous accent. "Well kind sir, to reveal that information to you would be rather unexciting, wouldn't it?" She grinned coyly.
 
She held out her hand. "However, I would be quite humbled if you would accompany me on this fine day, to wherever we shall travel."
 
He took her hand. "M'lady, I would travel with you to the ends of the earth!"
 
*****
 
"Yah!!! Sulli-ah where are we going? Can I open my eyes yet?"
 
"Just a little bit longer."
 
Minho felt her pull him along a paved street. As they neared wherever they were going, he began to hear lots of voices, leading him to assume that he was among a crowd of people. He tried not to listen to there conversations, so as not to give anything away.
 
"Okay. Now."
 
He blinked a few times, adjusting to the light. When he could finally see clearly, he found himself staring up at a large building that he recognized to be a sports complex, a soccer complex to be specific.
 
"What are we doing at a soccer complex? Are we going to a game?" His voice rose with excitement. He tried to control it in order to hide his inner soccer fanboy.
 
"No, we're not going to see a game," Sulli informed him. "We're doing something maybe even better."
 
He couldn't help feel a bit of disappointment. "What could be better?" He asked, trying to sound slightly teasing, not let down.
 
"How about... Going to a Park Ji Sung signing event?"
 
Minho could hardly speak. He just stood with his mouth hanging open. Park Ji Sung was practically his idol. If he was ever famous, he hoped he would one day get to meet the famous soccer player.
 
"But I don't have anything for him to sign," Minho suddenly realized.
 
Sulli reached into her bag that he had hardly noticed and pulled something out. It was soccer jersey with Ji Sung's name and number plastered across the back.
 
"For you," she said, handing it over to him.
 
He let the smooth fabric slip through his hands, still in awe. He thank Sulli over and over again. This girl was honestly amazing. He went to go hug her but stopped, holding himself back.
 
Slow. She wanted to go slow.
 
Seeing his hesitation, Sulli went forward and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his midsection, signalling to him that it was okay.
 
After all, it was only a hug.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Heellloooo :) It was a bit of a cheesy chapter this time. Teehee ^_^
 
The first part, in case there's any confusion, was referring to the fact that Sulli's parents payed her way into SM High (I first mentioned this in chapter 18 but that was a long time ago). I decided to bring it up again because it may come into play.
 
Thank you guys for answering my question from last chapter. However, I just wanted to clarify by saying that of course Minsul will be the main focus in all the chapters. I was only wondering if you wanted to see some of the other couples or none at all. At any rate, I made my decision about that- as missycherie already know ;)
 
I actually have another question! I want to change the title of the story and wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions! I will let you know what I am changing it to before I change it so that there is no confusion. Help please! :)
 
Oof sorry for the long author's note. I'll try not to do that :P