25

Stay With Me

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with Saemi?” Ilwoo asked as they stepped out from the hall.

“Saemi..she never got along with her.” Minho nodded and looked down.

“Ah, ya, where did Joongki go?”

“I don’t know, he keeps on disappearing nowadays.”

 

Saemi stepped out of her suite and went down. She couldn’t sleep.

She was thinking she was having an anxiety attack when she saw someone familiar sitting at the hotel’s bar.

She made her way towards the man and sat beside her.

“Oppa?” She asked. Joongki looked up and his eyes widened.

“You’re still up?”

“I couldn’t sleep, you too?”

He nodded. Saemi leaned on the bar and ordered a plate of fruits.

“Can I ask why you were...so cold to your step-”

“No, not that word. Just my father’s second wife would do.” She nodded, Joongki smiled.

“Well, why were you so cold to her?”

“She never really-”

“Hey, are you alone tonight, sweetie?” A lady dressed in a scanty lace dress approached Joongki and placed one hand on his arm.

“I’m not invisible, am I?” Saemi looked at her and curled one arm around Joongki’s waist.

“I don’t think I lost that much weight, did I?” Saemi turned to him, Joongki nodded.

“I’m not alone, I’m with her.” He said, the girl pouted and walked away.

Saemi grinned and let go of him.

“Well, she was never...a good character, in my eyes.”

Joongki nodded, still a little confused but happy when Saemi helped him. It meant she was comfortable with him.

“Did she do anything bad to you?”

“She’s existing, does that count?”

Joongki chuckled.

“It just doesn’t seem right, she appears now that people are talking about me again.”

“Gangnam’s Party Girl?” He arched one brow at her.

“Yes that. That’s something I’d like to forget.”

“We all went through that stage, it doesn’t really have to matter unless you dwell in it.”

Saemi smiled.

“I must have a bad image in front of you.” She said. Joongki shook her head.

“No, to be honest, you’re one of the...most..different ladies I’ve met.”

“Is that good?”

“Definitely.” He smiled. Saemi nodded and looked down.

She could feel her cheeks redden.

“And I think you should go back to your room before your brother goes loco and will begin a manhunt for you.”

“Arasso.”

“I’ll walk you there, Saem.” Joongki stood up.

Saemi nodded.

 

“Good morning, sweetie.” Khun snickered as Saemi joined them at the dining hall for breakfast.

Ilwoo and Joongki looked up.

“Did you like my gift, oppa?” She asked her brother.

“Yes, it’s great, Saem. Thank you.” Minho smiled at her and let her sit.

“The office called, I have to leave right after breakfast.” He started.

“Wae?” Saemi whined.

Minho smiled and ruffled her hair.

“I’ll see you at Seoul this evening, make sure you don’t get into trouble.”

“She won’t.” Khun shook his head, Saemi socked his arm.

“I have to go, Saem, behave.” Minho wiped his lip with a napkin and stood up.

“Oppa too, take care.” She nodded at him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++