16

Stay With Me

 

 

“You’re late.” Minho asked from the couch while browsing through a magazine, it was around nine pm when Saemi finally arrived home.

“I had to speak with the head chef at Westin.”

“Why?”

“Ilwoo oppa’s coming over tomorrow to test the dishes for the meeting.”

“He wanted to do that?” Minho looked baffled.

“That, we have to talk about.” Saemi said as he plopped on the couch.

“You gave me the address to his main office? I thought I was going to deal with the..you know, not the higher-ups.”

“You seem like you’re having a hard time, Saem. Are there things you’re not telling me?” Minho put down the magazine and looked at her straightly.

Saemi bit her lip.

“Anyway, I still have to work for his aprroval on that.”

“It’s not even his job to do that, he has a PA.”

“I know, whose fault is that?” Saemi gave him a look.

 

 

Saemi was wearing a knee length silk dress and a white blazer as she flitted about in the private hall.

“Yes, we have all the dishes out. The drinks will be served in a few minutes.” The waiter bowed.

“Ah, right. Please ask the chef to step out when Mister Jung arrives.”

Saemi grabbed her phone from her purse.

“Hello?”

“It’s me, clear your schedule for the weekend.”

“Wae?” She murmured.

“Our Jeju branch opened two weeks ago, and I decided that we should...well you need rest, Saem.”

“I just started working, president.” She grumbled back. Minho chuckled from the other line.

“I want to show you around the branch, Saem. I’ll let you handle it by next year.”

“No.” She whined.

“Lunch together later.” Minho ended the call.

 

Ilwoo entered the hall and saw the already set table witj food.

“Glad you could make it.” Saemi approached him and offered her hand.

Ilwoo blinked at her and looked at her outstretched palm.

“Director?” She questioned, Ilwoo smiled and shook her hand. Her grip was firm.

“This is Chef Son, he will explain to you about the dishes.” She gestured towards the hotel’s head chef.

“And, please tell us if you want other dishes added and if we pass.” She winked at the last word and sat on one of the chairs.

Ilwoo bit back a smile and proceeded to talk with the man.

But he was quite taken aback when Saemi offered her hand to him. He knew that she didn’t like having any physical contact with the opposite . He wondered why she did that.

As he started tasting the food, he would occasionally glance at her. Saemi was reading at the corner with a few files. Ilwoo found her side profile really beautiful.

He put the down the fork.

“Saem- I mean Miss Lee?” He called. Saemi looked up.

 

“Why dont you try these with me?” He said as he gestured towards the table with a smile.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++