Darkness

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

The both of you walked silently, a vast difference when you were with Junhui and Jisoo. The silence was slowly creeping you out as the sun set. It has been so long since you were here, huh? You didn't even realize. 

"Where are we walking to?" Seungcheol stopped in his footsteps and you followed, scanning your surroundings. You were following Seungcheol all along and you realized that the both of you just ended up walking to a dead end.

"I was following you," You stated, not trying to sound too rude but I guess it was just mutual hatred so your voice came out thick and harsh. "Well, that's just stupid. I don't own your eyes." Seungcheol retorted and you narrowed you eyes at his response. My, and you were thinking of trying to act friendly!

You opened your mouth, about to retort when a high pitched scream resonated in the dark alley. Your heart paced sped like no other as you looked at Seungcheol, he looked visibly concerned of what happened. "We should go," you spoke, clenching your fists into large balls. As selfish as that sounded, you couldn't go into those alleys. You were afraid of those dark trapped area. After that incident.. You couldn't.

Seungcheol gave you a judging look before walking towards the dark alley. Your eyes widened as you reached out to grab his wrist, stopping him for a moment. You gave a pleading look as you whispered softly, "Please don't. It's dangerous."

Seungcheol tilted his head, his eyes giving you a death glare, "And you want me to walk away like nothing happened?" You froze when the same high pitched scream sounded.

Seungcheol yanked his hand out of your grip as he jogged towards the darkness, "I'll be back." He shouted. Your eyes felt watery as you watched him go. *No... No, I can't let him go alone. No. I can't let things happen the same way again.*

With shaky hands, you mass-messaged the entire Seventeen group, roughly describing your surroundings before running after Seungcheol who has already disappeared into the darkness. Your pulse quickened and as much as you hated the darkness, you couldn't let Seungcheol go.

Flashback:

"Ayyy, it would be fineee." He smiled. You shook your head as you looked at the shivering cat that walked towards the dark alley. "It would be fine so you don't have to follow it." You spoke and he shook his head.

That's when a loud piercing scream sounded. His smile dropped from his face instantly as he spun on his heels and stared at the darkness. Your heart beat quickened as you looked into the darkness.

He started to walk and you froze, "Oppa, you're going there alone? You can't! What if something happens!" You shouted and he shook his head with a smile. "I promise to come back, Minji. I will."

You shook your head vigorously and whispered, "I only have you oppa. Appa and Omma are not here anymore, I can't risk anything happening to you as well. Please."

He lightly tugged his hand out of your grip and gave a reassuring smile, "I'll be back."

But he never came back.

 

You ran and ran, as you got closer, you watched as a lady laid lifelessly on the ground, Seungcheol was right beside her, getting beaten up by a bunch of guys. "YAH." You yelled, your voice shaking as you pointed your phone towards them, "I've called the police so you better stop."

The guys snickered as a rather young yet tainted guy walked towards you, snickering, "Police? You think they'll get here before you get touched?" Your eyes widened at their words. You shook badly at the idea and no, you hated it when anyone brought up that topic. You were more sensitive to the topic '' than anyone else.

"Aigoo, look at the one who claims she called the police! She's shaking like no other." The guy laughed as his followers followed suit. You froze as you watched the guy come closer, your legs losing strength. He reached out to touch your face and you shivered at his cold, dirty fingers brushing across your cheeks.

"Smooth." He stated as he trailed his fingers down your cheek, to your jawline. You stood rigidly, unable to find the strength to move or retaliate as memories hit you hard.

He slowly moved his fingers downwards and you fell as your legs got weak, trying to crawl backwards but your back immediately hit the wall. It was a narrow alley after all.

The followers snickered as they moved towards you and as for you, you were shaking and clutching tightly onto your clothes, tears falling down your cheeks. *No.. Not again...*

"DON'T TOUCH HER WITH YOUR FILTHY HANDS." A familiar voice shouted but you kept your eyes fixed on the ground, tears flowing down your cheeks. Everything went in a blur and all you could see were what happened in the past, the same scenarios, the same pain, the same dirty feeling. Everything hit you.

"Minji ah," someone whispered softly and you looked up, your lips trembling at the sight of Doyoon and the rest of Seventeen. Not knowing why, you begged him, "Please don't touch me, please don't. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, please." You trembled as Doyoon's eyes widened, everyone's faces filled with concern.

Doyoon's shoulders slumped as he pulled you into his embrace, "No one's gonna hurt you. No one."

Seungcheol held his stomach, clenching his fists as he watched the scene from behind. He regretted coming into this, if he knew that you would be following due to your headstrong character, he wouldn't have put his nose into this situation. Watching you tremble and shake in fear scared him, and he was getting honestly worried. 

 

 

[ Sorry for the shoooort update, but this is all my emotions can bring me to write, hmm it's a rather sensitive topic to write about, well this whole story would revolve around a broken girl so yeah, do expect more of such sensitive topics to come along the way..

Thank you so much for the 3 new subscribers in yesterday's update, and if I'm not wrong, was it 4 new comments? Or 5? I really appreciated it. I wasn't going to update this story today but because I got more response from the previous update compared to the other stories I wrote, I decided to update this. Call me biased but hehehe I do like writing this story more than the others, it flows much easily.

I am well-aware that Samuel is no longer in Seventeen but since he was once a Seventeen member, I will not remove him from this story, because Seventeen is only Seventeen when Samuel is inside so new subscribers, if you're confused on who Samuel is, do check him out. He's a pretty cute little boy^^]