I Love You

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

"Minji yah, Minji.Yah Jung Minji." You felt a gentle tug on your shirt and you peeked open with one eye.

"You need to wake up. We have school to go to, and we're gonna be late if you don't wake up soon." He spoke and you rolled your eyes. The last thing you need is school. You were going through that age when everything seemed annoying to you.

Just last night, your father screamed at your incompetency to display leadership qualities. And the night before, he screamed at your brother for being stupid.

The stress coming from his work was making him mad at everything around. And just like you, your brother was going through that age as well. But he was different from other boys, he was patient, understanding. Most of all, he spoke up for you, even if it was towards your father. The one with the greatest authority and power in the entire family.

This was why no one in the family adored your brother. They always thought that he was a rebellious kid.

"IF YOU DON'T SHOW THE RESPONSIBILITY YOU OUGHT TO SHOW AT THIS AGE, I WILL TAKE AWAY THAT GAME OF YOURS. SPEAKING OF WHICH, AREN'T YOU A GIRL? SHOULDN'T YOU BE TAKING UP EMBROIDERY CLASSES?" Your father yelled.

He was the good old fashioned dad who only believed that girls should be sewing and doing chores. But it was your mother who suggested he give you a chance to study, and to prove to him that girls were no different from boys, you studied very hard and excelled better than your brother.

"Appa, please stop." Your brother came in, and loosened his tie. He just came back from his school activities and he was definitely exhausted. But seeing that you were getting chastised, he didn't stand aside and watch you.

"I am not talking to you, Minhyuk. Go to your room and study. I need to talk to you about your studies as well. Don't let me get to you." Your father reached the bridge of his nose and pressed on it gently. It was definitely a sign.

You looked at your brother and shook your head gently. If he dare say anything else..

"Appa, she doesn't deserve all these reprimands. I don't get why you put that much pressure on her at such a young age. It's enough if you do it to me, it's alright. As the eldest, I understand. But how can you keep on venting your anger on her whenever I'm not at home?" Your brother asked, his voice getting louder per word.

That was it.

And that was how your brother got a scar on his back. A small, but visible scar.

---

You blinked a little and immediately, a strong heavy throbbing sensation could be felt at the back of your head. You groaned as you attempted to lift your hand to touch your head but failed miserably because of the ache in your arm. But that's when you noticed, your arms weren't tied anymore.

And you were on your bed, in your old room.

"Damn." You swore when you looked at your arm to see bruises from the fall. But other than that, there wasn't any other injury.

What is this?

One moment, your brother seems like an entirely different person.

The next moment, he acts like the old caring brother you once had.

Just when you were reminiscing of the old memories, you heard the sounds of sirens.

Your eyes widened in relief but at the same time, you looked around desperately for your brother.

The first thing you thought of was 'he needs to run, he can't stay here'.

Then you froze. Were you trying to defend a criminal? Someone who got you so afraid, someone who was behind your years of sufferings?

But it's your brother. Your only kin left.

The door slammed open as your brother ran in, a black hat on his head. You opened your mouth to speak when he shushed you.

His eyes softened before he walked towards you and kissed you on the bandage wrapped around your forehead.

"I love you, sister."

With that, he climbed out of the window.

You shut your eyes as tears fell from them. *I love you too, oppa.*

 

[ Here's a chapter for you all! I'm trying to complete this story ASAP but I know it seems weird that she seems so emotionally attached to him and how he's tied between money and her. But you need to understand that blood ties are always stronger than anything else. Her brother did what he did not because he truly turned bad but it's because of the sudden greed. It's in human nature and it was also due to the bad influence among his friends.

But they always say, it's never too late.]