Decision

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

"For the last time, where is your brother?!" The officer yelled as you rested your head on the bed head. You touched the tube connected to your IV drip and you sighed. You just wished you could get out of here as soon as possible, just so you could find your brother. He was in danger. Sure, he was the cause of your pain but he still cared for you when you knocked your head.

"Are you supposed to yell at a patient? She's sick for goodness sake!" Seungcheol yelled and you looked at him, he looked visibly pissed off. Well, that's pretty much expected. Seokmin was still missing and so was Jaebum.

The police searched high and low in that mansion but they could only find ropes that were used to tie Seokmin and Jaebum up. The both of them weren't there anymore.

"She's the only lead we have now! If she can't even answer me, I'll take it that she's helping the criminal." the officer said. You didn't reply him as you thought of yourself being locked up in a prison. Together with your brother.

Maybe that might be a better route for you. Being in this world, in this scary world, when everything didn't go your way, was probably way more painful than spending the rest of your life in jail.

It sounded really appealing.

"She said she doesn't know!" Samuel screamed and the officer held our his hands, in a position as if he was lecturing Samuel, "Did you parents ever teach you never to scream at adults?"

Samuel clenched his fists as tears trickled down his face, "My parents taught me well!"

"I don't think so, well, what can I expect from your parents when they left you in the company to train for years without proper guidance." the officer spoke and you sat up straighter at his words. Samuel cried harder at his insults and from the corner of your eye, you could see Seungcheol trying his every best not to pounce on him.

"Take that back," You spat as the officer looked at you in the eye, "Oh, so the girl speaks."

You rolled your eyes before yanking the IV drip out of your arm, "I don't think that as an officer, you should be speaking to a victim in that tone, and I don't think that as a policeman, representing Korea, should be shouting at a young child. Wasn't there a law that protected the rights of children? What do you think we should do, officer?"

The officer took a deep breathe before speaking in a more authoritative tone, "This wouldn't have happened if you told me where your brother is."

"One, I just told you that he's my brother. The criminal is my brother. Isn't that a huge lead to your investigation? Two, if I knew where my brother is, would I be talking to you now? Three, judging by how you treated all of us, I do believe I am not obliged to tell you anything, without the consent of my lawyer." You combed your hair through your fingers as you sat on the side of the bed.

The officer gaped at you before rubbing his temples, "Minji shi, I hope you understand that we're trying our best to solve this case. Since he's a serial criminal, harassing you for years, we think it's a very severe case of harassment and all we want to do is find this brother of yours and charge him in court for the wrongs he had done. We're extremely frustrated at how he escaped right before our very own eyes."

You nodded, "I'll contact you if I have a lead. Now could you please leave? I'm getting a headache."

He stared at you before eyeing the IV drop, "Do I need to call the nurse?"

You looked at your arm and back at the IV drop, "There's no need for that. I want to get discharged."

"You can't!" Junhui yelled as he held your arm in desperation, "Do you not see that you need the rest? Please just stay here for a day or so. If you're worried about the hospital bills, I'll pay for it. Now please, just rest here."

You stared at Junhui before frowning, "Junhui ah, I'm fine. Please just let me go home and rest."

Junhui looked into your eyes and for the first time, you saw tears trickling down his cheeks. Anyone else can cry but not Junhui. He was the most cheerful yet mature one among them all. But yet, there were visible tear drops on the side of his cheeks.

His voice trembled as he looked at you, "Seokmin is gone. And it's all my fault."

Your eyes softened as you pulled Junhui into a tight hug, "It's not your fault. It never was, let me get discharged and we'll find him together. He'll be alright. My brother may seem like the most cruel human on earth but today, he gave me hope. He wouldn't hurt Seokmin.

Even if he did hurt Jaebum. He wouldn't hurt anyone else anymore. You knew it, deep down. The look he gave you before he left. He was going to give everything up. He's tired of hurting you. You knew that.

---

He speeded as he looked at Jaebum and Seokmin in the rear mirror. Jaebum was fast asleep as Seokmin stared right back at him. Minhyuk sighed as his eyes returned to the road, "You're one of the seventeen members, aren't you?"

Seokmin didn't respond, but kept staring at him.

He rolled his eyes before continuing, "You'll get to go back. So stop staring at me like that."

Seokmin looked out of the window, at all the passing trees, "Where are we going?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. You know my sister, don't you? Your stylist? When she was young, she loved drawing. She didn't draw those typical cartoons, typical stickmen everyone drew. She drew clothes, modern, pretty, stylish clothes. She had the talent that no one else saw in her. I brought it up to our father but he didn't give me a response. Instead, he stormed to her room and started tearing her pieces. I was stunned at how he reacted. If it wasn't for me. If it wasn't for my big mouth, our father wouldn't have known. And that was why I forced Jaebum to make her go for fashion classes, whatever it is. Whatever she enjoyed... But she didn't. She hated it, her drawings were wonderful but in each piece, you could see hatred. You could see displeasure. I made her hate on what she was doing best at. I did that to her."

Seokmin looked at him as his voice shook, "If I never existed, her life would've been much better, don't you think?"

Seokmin replied, "You know, if you're really sorry, you should turn yourself in. I'm sure she would understand."

He tightened his grip on the steering wheel, "But the inheritance.."

"Is that what's most important to you now?" Seokmin asked and he bit his lips. No, of course not. She was always his priority. But the sudden greed had made him choose the wrong route in life. If he hadn't been so greedy, he would be able to protect her, he would be able to be a young successful entrepreneur.

He smiled, as he reached a conclusion. He slowed the van down before making a U-turn, driving back to Seoul.