Telling Doyoon

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

"Yah Choi Seungcheol. Why aren't you visiting this year as well?" Seungcheol's brother shouted and you frowned, even at a distance away, you could still hear his brother's voice clearly.

Seungcheol clossed his eyes, and took a deep breathe, "I have extra training today."

"Well then, cancel that. Because I, who's from a famous celebrity group even made time to come. You, are of no excuse. You haven't even debuted!" His brother boasted obnoxiously. For some reason, you felt a sudden hatred towards his brother. And for some reason, you couldn't help but wish that his so called 'famous' group would hit some terrible scandal and lose all their reputation.

"Hyung, I'm a trainee. I'm not some free-loader in my group, I'm the leader. I have to lead by example. I can't follow your footsteps. I'm terribly sorry but if my family does not show support for my dream, I don't have any intention to see them in the near future." Without further said, Seungcheol hung up the phone and slumped in the chair opposite you.

Your lips twitched upwards and you gave him a knowing nod, "Training huh? To cook? I'm just kidding!" You shouted when Seungcheol gave you a death glare.

"I see how that happens often." You your lips and Seungcheol's attention went to your lips instead and he absent-mindedly replied, "Yeahh.."

Damn, his heart was pacing so quickly, it scared him.

---

"YAH YAH YAH! YOU'RE DEBUTING TOMORROW AND THIS IS THE STANDARD YOU SHOW ME?!" Their CEO shouted and you flinched at his volume. Although he did weird things to you, he always made an effort not to shout at you. Perhaps it was guilt. Whatever it is, he never raised his volume.

"YAH SAMUEL. I KNOW YOU'RE A KID BUT DON'T SHOW ME YOUR KIDDY VOICE. I WANT YOU TO SING WITH REAL EMOTIONS."

You watched as fifteen of them panted, gasping for air and they honestly looked dehydrated. Fifteen because two were You desperately wanted to tell him to give them a break but you were terrified of him.

"Oppa-.."

"Minji, don't you give me any crap right now." He said, immediately cutting you off.

Junhui raised his hands as he gave a pleading look, "Sajangnim, can you give us a break? Just ten minutes? The younger members can't take it. They haven't even had breakfast or lunch. Please Sajangnim, please understand."

The CEO was about to scream and shout at them about their attitude when you walked forward and touched his wrist gently. As much as it irked you to. "Please."

His eyes softened before nodding, "Ten minutes. No more than that. Anyone who's late, don't think of getting your sleep tonight."

Some of them sat on the ground panting while the older members rushed out to get food and water for the members that were suffering from fatigue.

"Yah, where on earth is Choi Seungcheol?" CEO shouted and you bit your lips as you looked at Seungcheol nervously. For some reason, your concern for Seungcheol grew miraculously over Chunseok.

"Seungcheol has been getting into trouble often and I'm sure you know that none of the scoldings he's getting is truly well deserved." Doyoon spoke beside you and you jumped a little, unaware of his presence.

"What do you mean?"

"I think I was pretty clear. Everyone here knows that the relationship you have between Sajangnim and yourself is not ordinary. The reason why Seungcheol is getting scolded is because Sajangnim caught you hanging out with Seungcheol too often, Sajangnim thinks Seungcheol is slacking so he tends to scold him a lot otherwise, he would' ep just stripped him off his position as Leader." Doyoon explained, using a white towel to wipe off his sweat.

"What?!" Your mouth dropped at those words and you literally froze. You didn't know what to do, telling CEO to stop picking on Seungcheol would just get him into more trouble and you were so sick of keeping this truth you thought you really had to tell someone.

And Doyoon seems to be a good choice. After all, he suspected CEO the day you entered this company. He would know what to do, since he's been in this company for a longer time. Tomorrow is their debut though, so that would have to wait otherwise it would serve as a huge distraction for Doyoon.

---

 

"Congratulations!" Those who are legal, held up their wine glasses and those that are not, held out their sodas. Seventeen just had a successful debut on their showcase as their music video was put up last night.

The little ones cried with joy as the older ones tried to hide their tears. It was a joyful occasion and you didn't want to spoil it for Doyoon but it was important. So what if they debuted? CEO had ever right to strip Seungcheol off his position anytime. 

Even worse, he could just damage this entire group if he's pissed off. Even if he had spent lots of efforts on them, if he's pissed, he would do anything rash.

You watched Doyoon intensely, trying to figure out a way to get him out of the bustling table. Giving up on trying to get his eye contact since his eyes were always on the meat, you texted him on his phone, hoping that he would somehow feel the vibration in his pocket.

But amazing Doyoon being Doyoon actually ignored the vibration!

Annoyed, you called his phone instead, waiting for him to look at his phone and see it's your contact ID and give you a questioning look.

But obviously, he didn't. HE JUST KEPT ON EATING HIS MEAT.

You bit your inner cheeks as you kicked Doyoon's leg as hard as you could.

"AH. WHAT WAS THAT-.." Doyoon glared at you but when he noticed your pleading expression, he kept quiet and frowned. You eyed his pocket and he made a sigh, acknowledging that he understood. 

"Doyoon shi, is everything alright?" CEO asked as he eyed you with dagger eyes and you gulped. These days, he hasn't been very nice to you.

"No, no.. Everything is fine." Doyoon smiled as he continued, "I'm going out for a sec."

You waited as Doyoon left the scene and then you followed, excusing yourself by saying you were going to the toilet.

"Yah Jung Minji. You kicked real hard okay. What man are you?" Doyoon questioned and you tilted your head in confusion but quickly shaked off unnecessary thoughts. What was more important was telling Doyoon the truth.

"Doyoon ah,"

Doyoon crossed his arms and looked at you impatiently. 

"CEO-.. He.. He killed my parents."

"Jung Minji." You froze at the voice as you spun on your heels only to be greeted with CEO, himself. Everything spelled trouble. Good job, Minji. Good job.

 

[GUYS IM SORRY FOR THE EXTREME LATE UPDATE BECAUSE I'VE BEEN SUFFERING FROM WRITER'S BLOCK.

Okay, on a side note, should I cut my hair?><]