Caging up

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

"On a second thought, let's have a bonding session at Lotte World." You announced as cheers erupted.

You gave a meek smile at their reactions before continuing, "But," everyone stopped cheering and looked at you. "If only you guys go for the hair makeover."

No one said a thing as all of them showed their disappointed looks. It was quite a funny sight as you watched how some pouted, some sighed and some just ruffled their hair before their shoulders deflated.

"We'll just give Lotte World a miss." some older guy from the back announced as everyone looked reluctant to agree with him. You raised your eyebrows as you stared at them, "Why don't you guys feel the surge of happiness when you are going to the salon for a makeover? You do know that makeovers are pretty expensive and since you guys are given the opportunity, shouldn't you all feel like going for the makeover?" You asked, their expressions turning hard as you continued.

"I honestly didn't like makeovers when I was younger. Not one bit. But circumstances has gotten me to find the joy in having different hairstyles at different times of your life. As a kid, I had a mushroom hair-cut as they call it, and I think it was also one of the weirdest hairstyles I had but I think that's what made that time of my life memorable. I don't want to sound naggy, nor do I want to tell on you guys but I think this is the best opportunity any trainee could get right now. I'm giving you a free makeover and a free trip to Lotte World when you should be dancing and singing till you lose it. So what do you say?" You looked at each and everyone of them as you watched how some of them were starting to agree with you.

You noticed, Seungcheul who was sitting at the back rolled his eyes at your statement but even though he rolled his eyes, a visible smile appeared on his face, showing that he agreed with what you said. You smiled at his reaction. *You're just the type who can't seem to open up easily huh.*

Junhui on the other hand was staring at how you kept your eyes on Seungcheul, feeling annoyed by this, he crossed his arms and slouched in his position.

---

Each one of them beamed at the sign 'Lotte World', like it was a dream come true to them. Not one of them remembered the fact that they did a makeover and now some of them had white, blonde or purple hair. It was the style that you had to adhere to and boy, explaining the type of hairdo you want on these boys to the hair stylists gave you a big headache and you were sure glad to be at Lotte World.

Getting their hairdo done wasn't the only problem. Explaining the outing to the CEO was then the one that make you cringe in disgust.

"Minji ah, you can't just promise them something that they can't do." He stated, curling his fists as he tried to control his temper. "This is why I didn't want you to come into the working world yet. You don't know how things work. People mean business here, everyone spends every minute of their time getting what they want."

You gritted your teeth as you spoke with anger, "Even if it means doing dirty things?" He clearly knew what you were talking about as he shouted, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO BRING THAT UP."

You flinched at the volume as you bit the insides of your cheek, restraining yourself from letting those useless tears fall. You couldn't cry. At least, not in front of this guy.

He sighed as he stood up from his leather chair, walking past his huge table of documents, towards you. Slowly, he gently pulled you towards him and cradled you in his arm like how he would do to soothe a little child. You felt your hands shake in disgust as your body was rigid. A single tear managed to escape when he spoke in a gentle whisper, "You know I love you and that I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

*But you did.* Your spoke in your mind as his fingers trailed along the hook of your bra even though you had your shirt on. You knew where this would be going. You quickly pulled away from his hug as you glared at him.

He looked just so agitated, he lost it. He raised his hand and there came a deafening slap.

You fell on to the ground with an impact, your lips bleeding. You gulped as he came closer, trying to inch backwards at the same time.

His eyes softened as he didn't approach any closer. "I'm sorry... Go with them if you have to..."

You blinked away the tears that threatened to fall once more as you ran out of the office without a word spoken. He said sorry many many times. But none of which he really meant it.

"Noona.." Samuel tugged the end of your shirt as he looked up at you, waking you up from your terrible flashback. You looked down at him and looked around, only to find that Doyoon and Samuel were the only one left.

"They left already." Doyoon spoke, as if he read through your thoughts. You sighed as you held Samuel's outstretched hands and started walking towards the gate as Doyoon followed you.

His heart tightened as he remembered how your smile faded after you were lost in your thoughts for that few minutes. It was as if whatever you were thinking had zapped the life out of you as you held Samuel's hands, faking a smile whenever Samuel looked at you.

"Samuel ah, do you want to go on that?" Doyoon asked from behind as you turned around to see him pointing to the children's cable car. Samuel beamed as he nodded his head eagerly, tugging your hands as he asked for permission.

You nodded as he instantly ran off to queue up, leaving you alone with Doyoon.

"He did something, didn't he?" Your eyes widened at Doyoon's question as you looked at him, only to find him staring at Samuel, not sparing a single eye contact with you. You closed your eyes as you heaved a deep sigh, "I don't know what you are talking about."

Doyoon looked down at you, his heart beating faster at what you just said. He was definitely right, no doubt about that.

"Sajangnim. He didn't allow us to come, right? The bruise at the side of your lips. Did you really think you could hide it from us by putting on makeup?" He asked as his right hand reached for your lips. You quickly backed away at his actions and Doyoon looked real disappointed at your reaction.

"No, he was more than willing to allow you all to come." You continued, your eyes showing pure sadness, giving you away. Doyoon opened his mouth to continue when you shut him off, "I'll be walking around. You take care of Samuel."

You turned your back at him as you bit your lips so hard, it bled. You felt like telling him everything he did to you but you knew you couldn't. Doyoon and his concerns were something you were so thankful for but no, you just couldn't.

Doyoon rubbed his temples as he remembered your expressions. He wanted to help, but he couldn't because you wouldn't let him. You kept caging yourself away from the help of people, unwilling to get anyone's help even though someone repeatedly tried to offer you help.

"That babo." Doyoon repeated over and over again.

 

[ :3 ]