Close Friends

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

 

You scowled as you looked at the makeup kit in your hand and the door in front of you. Just by standing outside, you could hear the song that they were practicing to. It was the song they were going to debut with.

You took a deep breathe before you pushed open the door. At first, they continued to dance like no end when one of the boys stopped dancing to look at you. That got everyone distracted and that little kid started exclaiming, "NOONA'S BACK FOR JERRY HYUNG!"

You frowned at his loud behavior. *Wasn't it Junhui and not Jerry? This kid lost his marbles.*

You looked at everyone and indeed, the one who lent you his coat was staring straight at you. "You." You pointed to him and he raised his eyebrows and looked at you expectantly, "What are you doing here?"

You made a face before questioning him, "Did you get back your coat?" He nodded and stared at you questioningly again. You were about to explain when someone started clapping, gaining everyone's attention. You spun around and saw that same guy. No, not Seungcheol. The one they called sajangnim.

"Sajangnim." They bowed and greeted this guy respectfully while you just looked at how the small kid bowed too. *Brainwashed creatures.*

"Aigoo, our boys are doing well, huh. Do you guys know when's you guys are gonna debut?" He looked at the eldest, which was supposedly called Seungcheol - the one who brought you to their dorm. He nodded. Wow, he looked like he cared so much about their debut date.

"In a month. Sooo, enough of all these practices. You guys need to start preparing for your MV." Sajangnim announced and everyone in the room started cheering. All except you.

"And," sajangnim spoke and everyone quieten down, "this girl here, I believe some of you know her, is going to be your stylist." He looked at you and you quickly looked down to the little boy. The little boy, Samuel looked up and grinned at you.

You gulped as you looked back up. "I do expect you guys to treat her like a fellow friend because she is the same age as some of you. She's 17 this year and since she's new to the company." Sajangnim scanned at all the Seventeen members and walked towards one of the guys with dark red hair.

"Doyoon! You'll lead her. Show her around since you're pretty good in your dance routine already." The red hair guy just bowed a little as the rest went back to dance. Sajangnim also decided to supervise their dance routine.

"Let's go." He tilted his head towards the door as he held the door open for you. You bowed respectfully at his good manners.

The whole walk around was silent and he who was supposed to introduce the company to you, kept quiet.

"Name?" He asked as he leaned against the enclosed window.  You rubbed your arms fervently as the cold air entered the corridoor even if the window was closed. "Minji. Jung Minji."

He sighed as he took off his jacket and threw it towards you. He was only wearing a wife beater inside and he would obviously, be freezing cold but he acted like it was no big deal. He stared at you from your head to your toe. "What's your relationship with him?"

You tilted your head in confusion, "Sajangnim?"

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah. That guy wouldn't have let you take such a huge responsibility if you were only 17."

Your eyes widened as you noticed how this guy notices the smallest details. "Err.. I mean look at Samuel.. That little kid. He's like how old? 10? And he's gonna debut soon. Isn't there more responsibility on him?" You diverted the answer to his question but Doyoon wasn't the type to be fooled.

"You know where I'm getting. Samuel worked hard to get to where he is. As for you, you became our coordinator the minute you came into the company. That never happens to anyone here. Everyone worked hard to reach wherever they are." He explained as he crossed his arms.

You felt a sudden surge of anger, "Are you trying to say that I didn't work hard to get to where I am? You don't know what I'm doing behind all the time you guys are at school and !"

Doyoon watched as you panted, slowly, you felt your lips tremble and your legs wobble. "I hate my life."

Doyoon softened. It was his first meeting with you and you had so much things that you were hiding. He knew that Sajangnim was never as good as he seemed. He always had something underneath his skin. *That bastard surely has something to threaten her with.*

"Do you mind telling me what happened?" Doyoon asked softly, as if speaking any louder would frighten a little child. You shook your head vigorously as you held you head. Your head felt heavy as you taught about what that guy can do to you.

Doyoon made an audible sigh as he looked at you, "Okay but do know that we're a family now. So if you need anything, Seventeen got your back." You nodded as you looked at Doyoon. It was obvious that he didn't like his own boss and with that, you just had this feeling that you guys would be really close friends.