Promise

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

"Eenie Meenie Miny Moe~ Minji ah, don't ignore me." Your oppa laughed and you scowled, throwing him a teddy bear, "Oppa, stop."

"Eenie Meenie Miny Moe,

Catch a tiger by its toe,

If it hollers, let him go,

Eenie Meenie Miny Moe." He sang, before running out of your room while laughing. You shook your head in annoyance as you laid back on your bed, trying to fall into your deep slumber. You were only three then.

 

"Here comes Spiderman with his armies of spiders! Behold the spider king is coming your way Minji!" Your brother jumped around in his Spiderman suit, shouting out the other version of the nursery rhyme he heard a little kid spoke a few days ago.

"Eenie Meenie Miny Moe,

Catch a spider on the wall,

If he cries, let him go,

Eenie Meenie Miny Moe." You were seven back then. [A/N this part doesn't make much sense but yeah given the same situation, my little cousin said he would relate the nursery rhyme to spiderman, the only thing they think of as kids.]

 

"Hang on a second, let me call my brother." You smiled at you friends as you waited for your brother to pick up the phone. 

"Eenie Meenie Miny Moe,

Catch a by its toe,

If he won't work then let him go,

Skidum, skidee, skidoo.

But when you get money, your little bride,

Will surely find out where you hide,

So there's the door and when I count four,

There out goes you." The dialing tone was actually the similar version of the nursery rhyme. You smiled in amusement as your brother picked up the phone.

"Oppa, is studying history getting into your head? How did you even relate the nursery rhyme to Slavery?" You chuckled and your brother laughed, "It's one of the origins of eenie meenie miny moe, silly. Do you need a ride home?"

You were twelve back then.

---

You sighed as you recalled all the memories in which your brother showed how much he adored the nursery rhyme. The mastermind was either your brother or someone who knows your brother really well and wants to set him up. You really really hope it was the latter but chances of that was almost zero.

There's a high high very high, possibility that your brother was the mastermind. His body wasn't even found, no one could prove that he actually died. You just kind of had to get used to the fact that he's gone so thinking that he died was the best way around for you.

"Minji. Are you okay?" Junhui sat beside you and you made a meek smile. No one knew that you had a hinge that it was your brother's doing. Even if he killed your parents and hurt so many people, he was still your brother. Your only kin left.

"Hey, cheer up. I heard Doyoon is getting better, though the media needs to get some explanation from us, things can be quite unstable now, but cheer up. Everything would get better, the mastermind is already being held in the prison until the jury's decision is made on Sunday. And after that, he'll just be returned to jail. We're safe now, Seveteen and you." Junhui rubbed your palms in a soothing manner.

Your eyes watered at his words. Surely, none of you were close to safe. But you didn't want to be a wet blanket and damage his hopes, he was definitely injured severely when Seventeen was thrown into this situation just a day after they debuted.

"Junhui ah, I know you're a really caring hyung so here's something for you to do. As your stylist, as a position slightly higher than yours, I need you to stay with Seventeen for the next 48 hours. Make sure they stay in the dorm and never leave until the 48 hours is up. You can do that right?" You looked into Junhui's eyes and gave him a look filled with worry.

"What why? Where are you going? Are we going to face something dangerous?" Junhui asked and you hugged him, "I'll miss you all. Promise me, Junhui. Promise me. I'm just going to visit a long-lost relative. 48 hours is all I'm asking for. Promise me."

Junhui stiffened at your touch and he felt his heart beat quickened. As it quickened, he felt it crack, slowly, bit by bit. He knew you liked Seungcheol, there wasn't a chance for him, and yet he was falling deeper and deeper in love with you.

"Promise me." You urged as you released your hug and stared at him, deeply.

Junhui slumped his shoulders before looking downwards, "I promise." And with those words, you ran off, leaving Junhui behind. His tears fell and boy, this promise was like a promise to leave her alone such that she could be with Seungcheol. This promise carried more than just responsibilities. It carried love, wants, endearment.

 

[ I lost the chapter I wrote beforehand like I kind of wrote this chapter but I lost it, so I had to write another one so the ending is getting a bit twisted since this chapter is different from the chapter I wrote. I think the chapter I wrote consisted of Junhui missing instead of Doyoon dying? I can't remember orz. But here's the chapter for you~!]