Reunion

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

“What did you say?” The officer looked up from his keyboard, his eyebrows raised. Minhyuk cleared his throat before confessing once more, “I said that I’m here to turn myself in.”

---

“What?”

You held onto the railings situated beside you as you tried to steady yourself. “Seokmin is currently at the other hospital. Your brother decided to let them go.” Junhui explained, as his face casted a worried look.

He wanted to stand beside you and help to steady you but Samuel was right beside him, holding his hand.

 Thankfully Seungcheol was there though. He was carrying your bags but he immediately dropped them when he saw how weak and frail you looked.

“Oh,” was all you could muster.

You gulped as Junhui continued, “He decided to turn himself in. Your brother is currently detained now. That’s what I heard from the rest.”

You looked at Seungcheol with pleading eyes, “I need to see him.” Seungcheol pursed his lips, hesitated before nodding slowly, “I’ll bring you over. But you have to go home right after that. The doctor said you need sufficient rest.”

You nodded your head vigorously as you held Seungcheol’s arm, no matter what happens, he was always there for you.

 

“Sit here, we’ll bring him over to you in a sec,” The policeman smiled meekly at you, his yellow teeth showing. His eyes were dark and his eye lids drooped lower with each blink. Shutting out all judgmental comments, you replied, “Yes, sure.”

Seungcheol looked at you from the glass panel and he sighed, this was the first time he ever saw a girl that looked so broken, as if you were forcing yourself to move on with life. And he pitied you for that.

Well, that was the only reason he could come up with whenever his heart races as he looked at you and whenever he bothers to rush over when you’re hurt or when you need support. He was never the type of guy to care for a mere girl.

"Oppa," You started and Seungcheol immediately looked up, throwing away his thoughts.

"What are you doing here? I don't want you to see me in this pathetic state." Minhyuk spoke and you shook your head, your lips trembling, "What are you doing then? Why did you turn in? I thought you would run away, I thought that maybe the police wouldn't catch you and that you would-.."

"Minji ah, I can't. I realized what I've been doing is wrong and I wouldn't be able to face you if I didn't turn in. I've failed so badly as a brother, this is the least I could do to salvage the situation." Minhyuk confessed, his eyes turning red as he watched how you struggled not to let your tears fall.

This was the sister he adored, the one that he thought of for years, and who knew that you already forgave him, and that you even wanted him to be free?

"I'm sorry," Your brother continued as you looked down, your fringe covering your face. That was it, your tears fell as you clutched your fists.

"Minji, please don't cry. I'm sorry that I failed as a brother, I'm sorry I made your life a misery. I'm sorry."

"S.. Stop." You held out your hand as your shoulders shook uncontrollably.

"I know you blame me.. You can hit me! You can do whatever it takes to make you forget about the pain. You could-.."

You looked up, tears still streaming down your face, "I never blamed you." You watched your brother's face tense up, most probably because he feels that he owes you, and it was only the right thing for you to blame him.

"I never blamed you, I admit, I was scared. I was horrified even. I was so so scared that the image I had of you since I was young was fake and that all those memories were just nothing to you. But the minute you turned yourself in, I knew that you were sorry for all the misery you caused me. You still cared for me. And I am extremely thankful for that. I'm thankful for the fact that you still love me as your sister. That's all I needed to know. There was no need for you to turn yourself in, I was going to forgive you even if you didn't turn yourself in. You're my only kin left, I can't bear to see you in jail. Your life was going to be a whole lot brighter than what it is now. And I believe I'm responsible for destroying your future as well, and I'm sorry too."

Pouring out whatever you kept inside of you for the past few days never felt better.

"You are really the most stupid girl ever." Your brother shook his head in amusement as he stood up, and walked towards you, pulling you in the tightest hug ever, he smiled, "It was never your fault. How can it ever be your fault?"

You sobbed in his arms before you whispered, "If I wasn't born..."

"Shh, there's no such thing as 'if'. Appa and Omma gave birth to you, and that is probably the best thing that ever happened in my life. I would never trade for anything else." He continued, tightening his hug.

The Jung siblings finally reunited, problems were finally solved.

Now that's enough of tragedy, tears and emotional breakdowns, isn't it? Keep your eyes open, fluff is on its way!