Spending Time With My Saviour

Seventeen Guys, One Girl

[ A/N I take back my words on changing the title of this story because I simply don't have the time to bother about the title. It's hectic for me now even though it's my holidays because I'll be trying my very best to finish these 3 stories that are not even halfway through the plot. Whatever it is, I'll try and it would seem very rushed but I seek your support and co-operation because the fact that I'm leaving AFF next year is something that I need to digest.

Also, the chapters are a bit messed up, I don't know what AFF did to my chapters but if there's any weird orders in the chapter just tell me in the comments below!]

You stood by the kitchen, watching Seungcheol as he started beating the egg skillfully. 

"Are you just going to keep watching me?" He asked, not lifting his eyes from the egg. You sighed as you walked closer, "Well, everyone is out visiting, and I have nothing else to do." Seungcheol scoffed as he placed the bowl of beaten eggs at one corner of the counter before reaching for the carrot, skillfully slicing it into pieces. "Why didn't you just follow Doyoon, I mean you must as well just visit your future in-laws."

You frowned before laughing out loud, "Oh dear, Seungcheol shi, are you jealous? Doyoon and I are just ordinary colleagues. We work together, that's all." Seungcheol scoffed before placing the sliced carrots into a transparent bowl, "I'm preparing salad. You in for it?"

You smirked, confident that you would impress Seungcheol with your cooking skills.

---

"Are you even a girl?"

"Are you even a guy?" You retorted, staring at the feast Seungcheol prepared. "Guys usually don't cook!"

He rolled his eyes at your stereotypical answer, "That is discriminating both genders and I cook only because there's so many of us that are too young to even go near the fire. For example, Samuel or even Lee Chan. Junhui and I usually take turns to cook, well the others do help, occasionally but most of the time, it's just the two of us cooking for seventeen people plus the manager. You see why I have to be skillful?"

You beamed at his reply, your eyes shinning with admiration. He displayed such brotherly actions to all of them just because he was the oldest and he showed such responsibilities that it stunned you. 

"Stop staring, I only cooked this much because the rest would want to have some when they come back. Speaking of which, why don't you visit your parents?" Seungcheol asked as you froze when you were about to reach for a kimbap. You gulped as you laughed awkwardly, "I guess I er.. D-Don't feel like visiting?" 

Seungcheol eyed you suspiciously and you smiled before you reached for another kimbap when Seungcheol slapped your hand away, "If Doyoon told you about my story, I think I deserve to know yours."

You took a deep breathe before sighing, "My parents died five years ago and as for my relatives, well they cut off all contacts with me about three years ago? That's when my brother died." Seungcheol's eyes widened as he stared at you in shock, mentally counting your age when all those incidents happened, "Let me get this straight, you were 12 when your parents passed away and 14 when your brother passed away and yet you lived all these years without a guardian?"

You bit your lips as you didn't answer his question. If Seungcheol knew who your guardian was, it was the end of everything, it would grant you freedom but it would drag them down. It wasn't that easy deciding what mattered more.

"Minji ah, if I knew you went through so much things when you were younger I would've been nicer to you-.."

You put your pointer finger towards his lips and hushed him, "That's why I didn't tell you. I don't want special treatment. I've never had friends after all these deaths. They slowly left me, one by one. In middle school, I was taunted by bullies for the fact that I lost both parents at one go. That was the reason why I left school. And to meet you guys, to have you guys as friends.. It meant a lot to me. Although you may not show that you like me, at least I know that you were being honest about your opinions of me. In any case, that's what I wanted from you guys, it was honest feelings."

Seungcheol's eyes softened as he pulled your hand gently, tugging you forward, gently, he patted your head, looking into your eyes with such dear affections and sympathy, "I promise I won't tell anyone. For you to tell me, to trust the one that wasn't being nice to you from the beginning must've been a great big step for you. I won't tell anyone. But.. I have one more question."

Your heart beat was pacing so quickly that his words barely registered in your head. For you to be so close to Seungcheol was something no one would ever expect. 

"How did they die? How did your parents die? And why your brother?" Seungcheol asked and you froze. For a minute, you felt your heart stop. It was that overwhelming. It was a question you can't answer. Because if you did, the guy Seungcheol respected.. The hardwork all seventeen of them put in would go into waste.

"I..." You opened your mouth, hesitant to tell the truth. Should you? If you do, would Seungcheol in turn hate you? Would he even believe you?

During that internal conflict, Seungcheol's phone rang and you literally sighed in relief. Whoever invented phones, bless you.

 

[ Short short update! I hope you guys got what I'm hinting and next update would probably be next week or in a few days! All the best to you guys out there who are struggling with your homework/projects/work ! I hope this update made your day or something:/ ]