Letter 8

Letters From A Fangirl

 

As Hye Su was walking towards the Infinite dorm, it felt like it was the first time she had sent a fanletter. She kept doubting herself if she should give him back the hat in this manner or not. It was his hat, so she had to.

She lifted her hand to knock on the door but put it back down. After taking a deep breath, she lifted it again, only this time she actually knocked.

Myungsoo opened the door and was surprised to see Hye Su standing there. His crappy day had suddenly become a great one.

“I uh...Woohyun-sshi's hat.” she held it up.

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and looked at it.

So they were together.

 

Myungsoo opened the screen door and took it.

“I'll give it to him when he's back from practice.” he said.

“Sorry to ask, but why aren't you at practice too?”

He pointed to his ankle which was in a brace. “Injured it this morning.”

Hye Su frowned. “I hope you recover quickly.”

Myungsoo smiled. Somehow, his ankle felt better already.

“I liked your letter. Like always.”

Hye Su's frown immediately turned into a smile. “I was trying to think of more to write, but I couldn't.”

“It's okay. I still like it.”

It was quiet as they smiled at each other.

Hye Su cleared . “Well...I'm gonna...go...” she pointed behind her and turned around.

 

“Wait.” Myungsoo grabbed her hand.

She looked down at it and could feel her heart beating faster.

“You want to come in?” he asked slowly.

Hye Su was shocked at the question. She didn't know how to respond.

“Come on. I've been bored all day. Please~”

The only thing that was running through her head was the horrible things the fans would do to her if they found out she was inside Infinite's dorm. It's not likely that they could find out unless they were peeping through their windows, but some fans are just crazy.

Before she knew it, she was being pulled inside by Myungsoo.

 

“Welcome to Infinite's layer!” he said holding his arms out. He leaned in and whispered in her ear. “No underwear stealing. I'll be watching you.” he winked.

Hye Su laughed and looked around. It was surprisingly clean.

“I know what you're thinking. Clean right? I told you I was bored all day.”

“You cleaned the whole dorm?”

“Yeah...I never clean so...”

She chuckled. “That's what Woohyun-sshi said too.”

At the name, Myungsoo's face hardened.

Hye Su noticed the change and blinked rapidly. “Was it something I said? Should I go?”

The singer quickly shook his head and sat down on the couch. “It's nothing. I just, I don't know. Sorry.”

Hye Su shook her head and sat down next to him. “Shouldn't you be resting your ankle? You shouldn't be up cleaning.”

“I'm flattered that you care about me so much.” Myungsoo smirked.

“Of course...” she whispered.

 

It was quiet again.

“Let me ask you something.” he spoke up.

Hye Su nodded, waiting for him to continue.

“What's your relationship with Woohyun hyung?”

“Relationship?”

“Yeah. Be honest.”

“Idol to fan. Why?”

“That's not what he thinks...” he muttered.

“What was that?”

Myungsoo smiled and shook his head. “Nothing.”

For some reason, Hye Su made him smile a lot. He was playful and laughed with the members, but no one could make him smile like Hye Su could.

 

“Aigo, I'm tired. Wanna watch some TV?” he put a pillow on Hye Su's lap and laid his head on it while flipping through some channels.

She was shocked at the action.

“I don't understand. Why do you feel so comfortable around me?” she asked quietly.

Myungsoo pondered on the question. He didn't know why he was so comfortable around her either. This was only the second time they've ever met outside of a fansigning, or music show but he felt like he knew her for years.

“Honestly Hye Su...I don't know why. But I like it and I'm not going to ignore it.”

 

They stayed like that for hours. Watching TV, talking, laughing. Myungsoo enjoyed it, so did Hye Su.

“Oh man, Kang Ho Dong is so funny.” Hye Su laughed.

When she didn't get a response from Myungsoo, she looked down and noticed he was asleep.

She stared at his sleeping face and hesitantly started to trace his features lightly and slowly, making sure not to wake him up. He did look tired.

How can someone be so handsome?

 

Hye Su's phone rang, causing Myungsoo to slowly open his eyes.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Where are you? Your grandmother is here for dinner.”

“Oh I forgot. Sorry. I'll be there soon.”

“Who was that?” Myungsoo asked, rubbing his eyes when she hung up.

“My mom. I have to go! Thanks for...uh...” she didn't really know what to thank him for but her mom always taught her to say thanks whenever she left someone's house.

He chuckled. “No problem.”

 

Hye Su slipped on her shoes and walked down the steps.

“Wait!” Myungsoo ran beside her and scratched his head, wincing slightly at the pounding pain in his right ankle.

“What if I want to see you again?”

She laughed. Just like last time...

Hye Su started to think about the next events she'll be going to.

It's like he read her mind because he said, “And I'm not talking about a music show or a fansigning. What if I really want to see you again?”

She blinked at him, trying to think of a response.

 

After a couple of seconds, Myungsoo took out his phone and gave it to her.

“If you give me your number, it might make things easier.” he grinned.

Hye Su hesitantly took it and punched in her number.

He smiled at his phone and saved it.

“See you soon?” it came out as more of a question than Myungsoo had intended.

Hye Su nodded and smiled before turning and walking away.

She couldn't believe it, Kim Myungsoo has her number.

 

Myungsoo smiled and watched her disappearing figure before walking back inside the dorm.

Even if he injured his ankle and might not be able to perform for days, maybe weeks, nothing could beat this day. Nothing.

==========

:) :) ahh...so tired. but i finished this chapter! :D