Letter 21

Letters From A Fangirl

 

Myungsoo, what's got you so down lately?” Their manager asked while they were in the car.

When he didn't reply, Sungjong whispered in his ear.

“Oh...wait she left?! What about filming for--”

“Is that all you care about!?” Myungsoo yelled. “All you want is money! You don't see how this affects us emotionally at all!”

Their manager looked around at all the sad faces. “I'll see what I can do...”

They can only wonder how long it'll take for the wounds to heal.

 

3 years went by slowly for Myungsoo. It took him over a year to finally let Hye Su go. Most nights when he wouldn't be too exhausted, he'd sit in that same cafe, at the same table, at the same time, hoping Hye Su would walk through that door like nothing ever happened. But she never came. He eventually stopped going, stopped waiting, but he never stopped loving.

Dongwoo was the one who helped Myungsoo get through it. He always felt bad seeing his dongsaeng sleeping with tear stained cheeks and dark circles. There was nothing he could do besides hug him and talk to him until he fell asleep, even if it meant he lost some sleep in the process. Even if it did little help, Myungsoo was still grateful.

 

Woohyun took this hard too but he never showed s his hurt. He couldn't even imagine how bad Myungsoo was feeling. But it was Myungsoo, he always had his poker face on even during his roughest times.

Sunggyu always thought his ears were playing tricks on him when he'd hear sobbing in the middle of the night, waking him up. But whenever he'd look over and see Woohyun's shaking body, he knew it wasn't a trick.

Hye Su had no idea what she was doing to this band.

 

Hye Su had her chin resting on her hand as she was listening to the teacher. She moved in with her Grandma in Pusan and transferred to a different college where she got to meet up with childhood friends. To her luck, her friend Ae Sook went to the same college.

After Hye Su started to get bored, she went onto a search engine and typed in 'Infinite'. She started reading articles and looking through pictures.

“Infinite wins #1 on Music Bank!”

“Infinite brings another strong comeback!”

“Infinite to expand to China this December.”

One article caught her eye.

“Infinite's Kim Myungsoo 'L' caught walking with a girl at the Han River.'

Hye Su clicked on it and scrolled down. There was picture of him smiling with the girl.

She didn't know who it was but she was happy that Myungsoo was smiling. She rarely found pictures of him smiling anymore.

No words could explain how much she missed him and the boys. They had fansignings in Pusan but she restrained herself to not go. It would only cause too much pain.

 

Hye Su was thinking about how much she loved Myungsoo's new hair until Ae Sook said something, snapping her out of her thoughts.

“Looking through Infinite pictures again? Seriously, Hye Su. Just go see him again. What's his name...Myungsoo?” Ae Sook asked her when the teacher left the class alone to work on their essays. She never really was an Infinite fan. She was more into the sunbae groups like Big Bang.

Ae Sook was the only one that knew about her relationship with Myungsoo and the members and the whole story that made it all happen.

“He's moved on.” Hye Su said and pointed to the picture.

“You never know. It could be his cousin.”

“Yeah right. A guy like Myungsoo would have a new girlfriend in seconds.”

“If he truly loved you, he would wait.”

“I don't want him to though. I even told him to not wait for me.”

“But you miss him.”

“More than you can ever imagine.”

 

Ae Sook pursed her lips.

“I have an idea.” she said.

“Your ideas are never good.”

“I'm going to Seoul this weekend. How about you write a letter for him? I'll stop by and give it to him.”

“No way. What if he gets upset?”

“What if he gets happy?”

Hye Su stared at her best friend.

“It's worth a try. You know you want to.” she said.

“Okay...what should I write?”

 

It was clean up day in the Infinite dorm again.

Myungsoo was too busy staring at his new hair in the mirror. He thought brown hair didn't really looked good on him. He thought about what Hye Su would say if she saw it. He shook his head. Stop thinking about her. She's never coming back.

“Myungsoo-ah! Stop staring at yourself in the mirror and help us clean! We know you're handsome!” he heard Sungyeol yell.

Myungsoo chuckled before leaving the bathroom.

Right when he walked into the living room, the doorbell rang.

Hoya straightened up while mopping the floor.

“Myungsoo, can you get that?” he asked, massaging his lower back.

The younger nodded and walked over to the door. He looked through the peep hole and saw a girl about his age standing there.

 

Once he opened the door, the girl bowed to him. He bowed in return.

“Hello. I'm here to see Kim Myungsoo?” she read from a piece of paper.

“I'm Kim Myungsoo...” he eyed her suspiciously.

Her eyes widened and she started to eye him from head to toe. “So...you're...” she whispered to herself as her voice trailed off. Hye Su's got good taste...

Myungsoo started to feel uncomfortable.

“Sorry, I have a letter for you.” she said, handing him the white envelope.

“Who sent it?”

“You'll know.” she bowed again before turning and leaving.

 

Dongwoo walked into the room while drying his hands with a towel.

“Who was that?” he asked.

“Some girl had a letter for me.”

Myungsoo was holding the letter backwards so he hadn't seen the handwriting in the front yet. Dongwoo furrowed his eyebrows and squinted a little to see the writing. When he recognized it, he could only hope that Myungsoo would react in a positive manner. Because after all, he will have to be the one that will to pick up the pieces.

========

i've been updating really late lately. i feel bad since some readers probably don't stay up with late. or if you're on the other side of the world...then nevermind! haha.

school's almost out.

i hope infinite will have a summer song or something so i can blast it on my ipod all summer! haha.