Letter 24

Letters From A Fangirl

 

Can I do your toenails?” Ae Sook asked.

“No way! I don't like it when people touch my feet.”

“You act like I want to touch your feet. I just can't stand those plain toenails. You need some pink. Or maybe blue?” she stood up to get her nail polish rack.

When she sat back down the doorbell rang.

The girls looked at the time.

“Who would be here this late?” Hye Su asked.

“I don't know...” Ae Sook whispered, suddenly getting scared.

They both stood up and tip toed to the door.

Ae Sook picked up two umbrellas and gave one to Hye Su.

“One...two...THREE!”

Ae Sook quickly opened the door and they were getting ready to hit whoever was at the door.

They dropped the umbrellas when they saw who it was.

“I-Infinite?!” Ae Sook screamed.

Their eyes widened when they saw Hye Su.

Hye Su's eyes widened too. “What are you guys doing here?!”

 

“Oh, we didn't know this was your house. Our car broke down and we need to use a phone.” Their manager said.

Woohyun felt like crying at the sight of Hye Su in pajama shorts and a tank top. Myungsoo couldn't stop staring at her. Is it possible for someone so beautiful to become even more attractive? He didn't think it was.

“U-uh yeah. Sure thing. Come on in!” Ae Sook opened the door wider so they could come in.

The boys walked passed the two girls one by one.

Sungyeol smirked and whispered in Ae Sook's ear. “Cute toenails.”

Ae Sook blushed and looked down at the bunny painted toenails.

“I hate how there is no service out here. I'll show you where the phone is.” Ae Sook led the manager into the kitchen.

The 8 of them stood there awkwardly. Their stares were making Hye Su feel uncomfortable. Especially Myungsoo's.

 

“Why did you leave?” Myungsoo spoke up. He sounded like he was trying to make his voice calm, but failing.

“That's not something to discuss at this moment in front of everyone Myungsoo.” Sunggyu said quickly.

“Then when should we discuss it?!”

“I'm sorry.” Hye Su looked down.

The boys stared at her.

“Do you have any idea what you did to us? He couldn't sleep because he was up crying, waking up Sunggyu hyung in the process.” Myungsoo pointed to Woohyun.

“Myungsoo!”

“What? You think I didn't know? I couldn't sleep unless Dongwoo hyung would talk to me until I was tired of talking.”

Hye Su's eyes started to water.

“You had no idea what you were doing to us did you?”

“Myungsoo. That's enough.” Woohyun said through gritted teeth. He didn't like the tone Myungsoo was using.

“You think I wanted to leave you?! It killed me! It was the only way.” Hye Su yelled.

“It didn't do anything good for us.”

“The fans. Did they continue to do anything to you once I left? Did your fanclub members rise again?”

The members watched the two battle it out back and forth.

“It would've happened eventually.”

“No it wouldn't have. They had other people to do their dirty work for them. Like the people that beat up Sunggyu oppa. It was because of me. I refused to stay away from all of you. That's why it happened. Once Sunggyu oppa was hospitalized, I realized that they weren't playing. They were serious. So I left. Everything is back to normal. You guys are idols, I'm just a fan.”

“There you go with that 'just a fan' again! You were never just a fan Hye Su! When will you realize that?!”

Hye Su winced at his loud voice.

“Kim Myungsoo!” Woohyun fumed, face turning red.

 

“Okay, so I got some good news and some bad news. What should I say first?” their manager interrupted.

No one answered him.

“Well the good news is we got someone to tow the car and fix it.”

“Yay!” Sungjong clapped.

“The bad news?” Hoya asked.

“It won't come until tomorrow.”

Everyone frowned.

 

“Oh, do you guys need a place to stay for the night?” Ae Sook asked, walking in.

“It's okay. We can sleep in the car.” Sunggyu said.

“No way! It's freezing outside. We have plenty of guest rooms. There's enough for 2 people to share. Just make yourselves at home. If you need anything, tell me or a butler. There's one assigned to every room.”

“Thank you so much. Come on guys. Go rest up.” the manager said, clapping his hands.

“Aw...I want to catch up with Hye Su.” Sungjong pouted.

“You can tomorrow. The tow truck doesn't come until noon. And by the time the car is done getting fixed it'll be later. In the meantime...I have to cancel your schedules.”

“That means no Star King?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yup.”

He sighed. “Man...I was actually looking forward to that schedule...” he muttered.

The members all followed the butlers to their rooms.

Hye Su couldn't help but wonder, what's so great about Star King?

 

That night, Hye Su tossed and the bed because she couldn't sleep. She sighed and stared at the ceiling thinking about Myungsoo's words. It's not like she didn't feel bad about leaving him. But once he said how much it affected the other members and their health, she couldn't take it. Once Hye Su heard the thunder rumbling, she slipped out of bed and tiptoed downstairs.

 

Woohyun was standing in the dark, behind the counter with a cup of hot tea the maids gladly made for him before leaving. He heard footsteps coming towards him. He was going to ask who it was, but shut his mouth when he saw it was Hye Su. She didn't notice him because she was too determined to get outside.

She sat on her knees in the grass and looked up at the sky. Once the lightening struck and another low rumble of the thunder was heard, the rain started to fall. The rain was very calm for some reason. There wasn't any wind and it wasn't cold. It was like mother nature was trying to comfort her.

 

Hye Su jumped when she felt a presence next to her. She looked over and saw Woohyun. He was getting soaked like her.

“What are you doing out here?” she asked.

“I should be asking you the same thing.”

Hye Su looked ahead. “I like the rain. When your outside and it's raining, you can never tell the difference between teardrops and raindrops.”

Woohyun looked at her. She was right. He couldn't tell if she was crying or not. His heart fluttered at the sight of her dripping wet hair.

“Are you crying?”

“That's why I'm out here. I don't want to feel the tears if they come.”

“There's nothing wrong with crying.”

“There is when you're crying over something you've promised yourself not to cry over again because you let them go.”

He knew what she was talking about now. Myungsoo.

 

It was silent as the two listened to the raindrops fall.

“What's at Star King?” Hye Su asked him, raising her voice a little since the rain was getting heavier.

“Do you really want to know?”

She nodded.

“His girlfriend is on the same show.”

Hye Su looked down. “Of course.”

“You still love him.” he stated.

“Do I have to say it? Cause I don't want to. I even told him to let me go so I should be happy that he's moved on. But why am I not?”

“Maybe you should move on too.”

Hye Su turned to look at Woohyun at that statement. The thought of moving on never crossed Hye Su's mind. She has never thought about loving someone else besides Myungsoo.

 

After a moment of silence, Woohyun leaned in and placed a small kiss on her lips.

Hye Su pulled back, surprised at the sudden action.

He started to feel guilty. “Sorry, I shouldn't have done that.” he muttered and started to get up.

Hye Su grabbed his wrist so he could sit back down.

“I wasn't ready.” she whispered before crashing their lips together for another kiss.

Woohyun was shocked but his eyes closed and he quickly returned it.

Finally...

 

Hye Su's hands made their way to his shoulders, while one of his hands were on her cheek and the other on her waist.

The kiss deepened and Hye Su declared that between Myungsoo and him, Woohyun was by far the better kisser.

She didn't want to stop, so she didn't.

He didn't want to stop either, so he didn't.

 

The rain suddenly stopped and they both pulled away, panting.

“Let's get inside before you catch a cold.” he said.

Hye Su nodded and they walked inside.

A butler walked by and his eyes widened. He quickly went to get some towels and robes for the two.

They thanked him and started to dry themselves.

Woohyun lifted his towel and wiped Hye Su's face. She froze and looked up at his sincere expression.

Maybe Woohyun was right. Maybe it was time for her to move on too.

==========

DON'T KILL ME. lol.

 

aigo...summer is two days away, guys!! i'm so excited~~~