Letter 16

Letters From A Fangirl

 

Hye Su! Damnit Hye Su! Don't leave me!”

Hye Su slowly opened her eyes and saw Myungsoo's stressed face.

“Oh thank God.” he closed his eyes.

She looked around and they were in the dorm.

“Where's Woohyun oppa?!” she asked immediately.

Myungsoo blinked in surprise. He didn't think that would be her reaction once she woke up.

“He's getting his wrist wrapped up.”

“Is he okay?”

Myungsoo nodded and she sighed in relief.

 

Woohyun walked out of the bathroom and Hye Su ran up to him. His left wrist was wrapped.

“You're not hurt anywhere else are you?”

“No, I'm fine.” Woohyun reassured.

“Maybe we should take you to the hospital.”

“Hye Su...”

“Let's go right now!”

“Hye Su!”

“Yeah?” she stopped panicking.

“Maybe we should take you. You hit your head.”

“I feel fine. What about you?”

“I told you. I'm fine. Really. This will heal. The last thing we need is a scandal. Especially a car one.”

“Thanks for saving me.”

Woohyun smiled.

 

Suddenly Hye Su's bottom lip started trembling.

“Oh no. Don't cry. We're alive! Please don't cry.” Woohyun begged. He had a huge soft spot for crying.

Then she hugged him.

“I'm sorry! It's all my fault you could've gotten killed. I know it was those crazy fangirls. They're out to get me!”

Woohyun gently pat her back and gave a worried glance at Myungsoo who was staring at the ground, lost in his thoughts.

“It's okay...” he whispered.

 

As Hye Su was in the shower and Woohyun was putting his clothes away, Myungsoo walked in.

“Oh Myungsoo-ah. I've been needing to give you something.”

“What is it?”

Woohyun handed him the couple ring.

“I think you should be wearing this instead of me.”

The younger was shocked at his hyungs actions. He knew Woohyun cherished that ring since the day he got it at the fanmeeting. He wouldn't let anyone else wear it. Touch it nonetheless.

“It's okay hyung. You keep it. You deserve it more than me. I mean, I failed as a boyfriend.” Myungsoo sighed and sat on Woohyun's bed.

The main vocal furrowed his eyebrows and walked over to him.

“What?”

“I should've been the one to take her home. That should've been me to save her. I harmed you and I feel horrible.”

Woohyun sighed. “Don't put all of this on yourself. No one could've known that they were planning to do this. Not even you.”

 

It was silent except for their slow, steady breaths until Myungsoo spoke up.

“You don't know what it's like. You don't know what it's like to hear screaming, and come out to see your lover and brother on the ground, not knowing if they're alive or not. I can't help but blame myself. If I didn't let my ambition get to me, Hye Su wouldn't have these fangirls after her. I wouldn't have to bring her here and bring the trouble to us. Who knows what they'll do next?”

“What we need to do is call the police.”

“And say what?”

“That there are psycho fangirls trying to kill another fan!”

Myungsoo shook his head. “The only thing that will do is give us the wrong kind of publicity. I love our Inspirits. It'll give them a bad name. Not all Inspirits are like this. You know that.”

“How about we just talk to them? Idol to fan.” Woohyun suggested.

“That might work...”

 

“Oppa, I'm scared. I don't want to be alone.” Hye Su whispered, while walking into her room.

Myungsoo gave her a kiss as reassurance.

“You'll be fine. I won't let anyone lay a finger on you. We'll just be downstairs. This is the only way to talk to them.”

Hye Su nodded.

 

“So we're all on the same page right?” Sunggyu asked.

The members nodded and all left the house one by one but they secretly snuck back in through the backyard.

 

“Are the Infinite oppa's gone?”

“Yeah. They all left.”
“Damn I hate her. Now she's got all of the oppas under her spell. What did she do to them?”

“I don't know. But I won't happen again. Come on. Let's finish this .”

 

The members all sat in the living room in the dark as they waited for someone to come in.

“I'm going to feel so stupid if no one comes.” Sungyeol whispered from the stairs.

“They will.” Dongwoo reassured.

Just after he said that, they could hear the doorknob turning.

They all straightened up.

“Hey, that was easier than I thought. She didn't even lock the door.” one of the girls whispered.

 

They started to walk towards the stairs. Not noticing the bodies in the dark living room.

“Nuh uh, you're not going anywhere.” Sungyeol shook his finger at them.

“Oh my god! Sungyeol oppa!” one screamed.

There were about 5-7 girls and they were all wearing black hoodies.

Sungjong a light and the members stood up. Hoya ran to the front door and closed it.

“Hoya! Ah!” another girl screamed.

Hoya flashed her a smile and wink before turning to s.

Myungsoo shook his head at his hyung before walking towards the girls.

They were practically jumping up and down.

“Now...who was the one that drove that car last night?” he asked carefully.

The girls pointed the girl standing in the front.

“Wow! es!” she yelled.

 

Woohyun walked up to her held up his wrist her face.

“Oppa...I didn't mean to. Really.” she quickly apologized. “I was only trying to get that .” she glared upstairs.

“Don't call her a !”

“Yeah! She's my girlfriend.”

The girls cried out, while one fainted on the ground. The girl next to her quickly helped her up as she regained consciousness.

“Look at what she's done to you all.” the leader shook her head.

“What do you mean done to us? We all care about her. Maybe not in the same way as Myungsoo but she has a place in our heart. You all do too. All fans do. But if you all act like this, I'm afraid I can't call you all Inspirits, or fans for that matter.” Sunggyu said.

The girls all lowered their heads in shame, except for the leader. She was fuming. They left one by one, but the leader stayed.

 

Just then, Hye Su came down the stairs. She stopped behind Sungyeol and stared wide eyed at all the girls.

“!” the leader charged for Hye Su. Sungyeol struggled to stop her. Hoya and Dongwoo quickly ran to help Sungyeol.

“What did you do to them?!” she screamed at Hye Su.

“I didn't do anything.”

Myungsoo walked up to her. “Calm down....” he whispered.

She let out a deep breath and calmed down. It seems like he was her bias.

“The only thing Hye Su has done is shower us with love. She hasn't done anything wrong.”

“I have too. How come you don't acknowledge me at all?” she was starting to cry.

“Because you do things like this. People like this don't gain anything.” Myungsoo gestured to Woohyun's wrist and the broken window.

 

The girl looked down and Hoya and Dongwoo let go of her.

“I'm sorry. I really am. Please forgive me.” she bowed to everyone, including Hye Su.

Everyone nodded.

“Don't do this again.” Sunggyu said.

She nodded.

“And I suppose you aren't going to mention this to anyone?” Myungsoo asked.

“Of course not. For the Inspirits. I'll keep your relationship a secret too. I'll be sure to protect you all from now on.” she said.

“Tell your little friends too.”

“Yeah I will.” she bowed to everyone again. “I'm truly sorry for the trouble I've caused.”

“It's okay. As long as we're all on good terms now right?” Hye Su smiled.

The girl smiled back and left.

 

“That was easier than I thought.” Dongwoo said.

“I knew it would work. We're the reason they're like this. If we talked to them, I knew it would bring some sense into them.” Woohyun said.

“Now let's go home. I need some sleep.” Sungyeol said, yawning.

Everyone nodded.

“Now I can move out.” Hye Su said.

Myungsoo looked at her. “Andwae~ you can't!” he whined.

“Why? I can't stay in your dorm and follow you around forever.”
“Yeah you can!”

“Oppa...I have school.”

“I'll bring school to you.” he kissed her cheek.

“Aigo...you're too stubborn.”

“Fine. But we need to get that window of yours fixed.”

 

“Manager hyung just texted me.” Sunggyu said.

“What'd he say?” Woohyun asked.

“He has a surprise for us.”

“Surprise?!” Sungjong yelled, excited.

“Let's hope it's good.”

============

*gasp* surprise?!

any guesses? ;)