Letter 3

Letters From A Fangirl

 

Being an idol, the days go by fast because of all the different schedules and activities, but this week had gone by strangely slow for Myungsoo. He had been waiting for the fanmeeting to come and it was finally here. The odds that the girl, he still has yet to know her name, would have the number he picked. But she would be there, and that's all that counts. It made him nervous. He never had stage fright. Not from the first time he sang for a crowd in the 3rd grade until now. For some reason today was different.

As they were rehearsing, his voice kept cracking because he was trying to get it perfect.

“Myungsoo-ah, relax. What's with you lately?” Sunggyu, being the perfect leader he is, gave him a pat on the shoulder.

Myungsoo shook his head and rubbed his throat. Dongwoo gave him a look, he was the only person that knew what Myungsoo was doing.

“I think we'll do fine, let's just go over Dashi Dorawa instead. I'm feeling a little rusty about the dance break.” Hoya said.

Everyone nodded and got into place.

 

As Myungsoo was getting his make up done, he knew that the fans were probably piling into the auditorium and he wondered if she was there yet.

“You're up!” The staff yelled into the waiting room.

The members did last minute warm-ups and winks in the mirror before piling out of the room towards the stage.

They started with Nothing's Over and She's Back.

The fanmeeting took off with a short interview where the usual questions were asked.

“Which member eats the most?”

Unanimously, “L.”

“Which member is the scariest when angry?”

Unanimously, “Hoya.”

“Who's the most conceited?”

Unanimously, “Nam Woohyun.”

“Who cries the easiest?”

Unanimously, “Sungyeol.”

 

They performed BTD before starting off with the fanservice.

“Let's go from youngest to oldest.” The MC said. “Sungjong-sshi, pick a number!”

“57!”

A girl screamed and ran up the steps. The members chuckled a bit when she almost tripped.

“Who's fan are you?”

“Everyone!” the fan exclaimed, hiding her face behind her very obvious and large 'Sunggyu' sign.

Sunggyu jumped up and down while pointing to himself, causing the fan the blush and everyone else to take pictures.

Those ought to turn out well...Myungsoo thought.

The vibe was good as the fans and the members played games. Of course, Myungsoo didn't get the fan he wanted, but the fan he got was nice and he was happy just for that.

Everything was going well until Woohyun called out his number.

“27!”

Dongwoo froze when he saw the fan walk up the stairs. He looked at Myungsoo almost instantly and saw Myungsoo staring at his shoes. He hadn't seen her yet. Dongwoo was waiting for it...the reaction. The second Myungsoo looked up and saw that green sweatshirt, his eyes widened and he looked at Dongwoo.

Dongwoo shrugged, not knowing what to do for his dongsaeng.

 

Woohyun declared that the girl was oddly familiar and definitely pretty. He felt his cocky side getting the best of him.

“What's your name?” the MC asked.

Myungsoo and as well as the other Infinite members were anticipating her answer. They all knew who she was except for Woohyun, his memory was like a goldfish.

“Hye Su. Park Hye Su.” she whispered into the microphone.

 

Park Hye Su...Park Hye Su...Myungsoo chanted in his head, making sure he'd never forget it.

Hye Su hoped that the MC wouldn't ask her who her favorite member was. She also hoped that Myungsoo didn't see her that day and knew who she was. She avoided looking at him.

To her luck, he didn't ask that question, but much to Myungsoo's disappointment.

 

“Woohyun-sshi, how will you show this beautiful fan how grateful you are for her coming to your fanmeeting?”

Woohyun stared at the small girl in front of him. He grinned as she held up her sweatshirt sleeve to cover while looking at the crowd.

“I'd like the serenade her.”

The crowd screamed as Hye Su's eyes widened and she stared at the handsome idol in front of her taking her hand. His hand was surprisingly soft.

Myungsoo's face hardened as he saw Woohyun get on one knee and sing. He immediately softened it though because he knew there were fans taking pictures of his every move.

Hye Su's face got red while she looked at Woohyun's slightly smirking face singing to her. This was an idol, a hot idol nonetheless singing to her. Nothing could beat this moment.

Myungsoo's anger rose when he noticed that Hye Su was enjoying this a bit too much. He couldn't blame her for it though. She might be Myungsoo biased, but she's still a fan.

He was definitely going to kill Woohyun later.

 

As the chorus of the song ended, Woohyun stood up and gave Hye Su a hug, causing the audience to go wild.

Dongwoo gave Myungsoo a worried look, while Sungyeol gawked at his hyungs' actions. Myungsoo had to bite his tongue in order to not yell. The other members snickered thinking, Of course, only Nam Woohyun.

After the hug, Hye Su and Woohyun played a round of thumb wrestling for her souvenir. Being the nice guy he is, he let her win and she got a couple ring. Woohyun smiled as he placed it on her finger. He practically made her put it on for him too.

Oh my god, why is she doing that? Why?! Myungsoo was having a mini panic attack in his head.

Woohyun and Hye Su exchanged bows before she walked off the stage in a total daze.

Did that just happen?

 

The fanmeeting ended as the boys performed Can U Smile and Come Back Again.

Some fans screamed, some cried, some watched intently. Hye Su was one of them. She watched as Myungsoo was dancing perfectly, but noticed that something was off. She couldn't put her finger on it, but something was definitely wrong.

She clapped and jumped as the boys walked off the stage one by one.

“Saranghae...” she whispered.

 

As soon as they entered the waiting room, they all sat down, exhausted. Myungsoo was the last to enter. His eyes found Woohyun and he stormed over to him.

“Myungsoo...” Dongwoo said aloud, sensing the anger.

Myungsoo grabbed Woohyun by the collar and lifted him up.

“What the--”

He slammed him into the wall and glared at him.

“What the Myungsoo?! Get your hands off of me!” Woohyun yelled.

The other members stood up, alert.

Myungsoo glared at his hyung, trying to find the right words to say.

 

“What's going on between those two?” Sungjong whispered to Hoya.

The dancing machine shrugged as he watched what Myungsoo would do next.

“Maybe it's about his fan? You know the one that came to the dorm.” Hoya suggested.

Sungjong nodded.

“Why did you do that? She's my fan!” Myungsoo yelled.

All of this because of a fan? Woohyun couldn't believe it.

“What's wrong with you? You're never like this. You know out of all of us, you have the most fans. What's the big commotion over one? She probably still likes you anyways. I was just being a good idol, properly thanking a fan.”

“She could've been happy with a simple thank you.” Myungsoo said through gritted teeth..

Woohyun's eyes narrowed at him.

 

Finally Sunggyu pried Myungsoo off of Woohyun.

“Seriously Myungsoo-ah. What's up?” Sunggyu asked, with a stern look.

He glared at Woohyun once before storming out of the room, leaving an awkward tension in the air. Dongwoo shook his head and followed the boy to have a serious talk with him. He's a jokster, but when it came to s, he became the good hyung he truly is.

Sungyeol cleared his throat. “Well...who's up for jajangmyun tonight?”

“No no, we're having Sushi tonight.” Hoya argued.

The room erupted into arguments over dinner as Woohyun leaned on the wall, staring at the door.

He bit his lip in thought.

What's so great about that fan? Yeah, she's pretty but I would except something like this out of Sungyeol because of his greed for pretty fans. But coming from Myungsoo, it's unlikely.

Woohyun was still confused over the whole situation and he was going to find out what had Myungsoo acting this way. His curiosity peaked.

What's so special about you Park Hye Su?

===============

Aigo...you all thought it was sungyeol, didn't you? ;) ;)

you guys didn't notice my very small foreshadowing in chapter 2. go back and try to catch it. :D

anyways...yes, it is woohyun.

ilovemuffins - LOL, you were right at first! <3