Letter 7

Letters From A Fangirl

 

Hye Su!”

Hye Su looked up and Woohyun grabbed her hand.

“Get her! She's getting away!” one of the guys yelled.

Woohyun ran with her following closely behind. He ran through a large crowd of people and quickly turned into a random antique store.

They hid behind a large statue peaking under it's arms for the guys. They saw them stop in front of the store before looking around and running in another direction.

Hye Su sighed in relief and sank to the ground.

Woohyun stared at her bothered face before sitting next to her.

 

“Thank you.” she whispered.

“No problem. But what was that all about?”

“I guess you shouldn't threaten to call the police when guys are trying to rob you right?”

Woohyun chuckled. “I guess not.”

“Hey you kids! Get out from under there! If you want to do scandalous things, go get a room!” the old store owner said.

They immediately stood up and bowed.

“Sorry! We really weren't doing anything!” Woohyun held up his hands.

Hye Su nodded.

She shook her head and walked away. “Kids these days...” she muttered under her breath.

 

“Thank you again. I don't know how to repay you.” Hye Su thanked him again when Woohyun walked her home.

“Hmmm...” Woohyun stared at her door. “How about dinner?”

“Dinner? You want me to make you dinner?”

He nodded.

“But it's only 5.”

“I eat dinner early. My cheeks puff up if I eat too late.” he said. He is an idol after all.

Hye Su nodded. He practically saved her life. It was the least she could do. Good thing her parents were away for the weekend or else they would kill her for bringing a guy in the house.

 

Hye Su got her keys out and opened the door. Woohyun followed her inside her family home. It was big enough to fit a family of four. He thought it was quite homey. He felt comfortable already.

“You can sit here and watch TV.” she said and went into the kitchen to start up a pot of boiling water.

When she walked back out, Woohyun wasn't on the couch anymore.

She furrowed her eyebrows and went upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes. She jumped when she saw Woohyun looking at the pictures on her dresser.

 

“What are you doing in here?! This is my room!” Hye Su yelled. It's not like she had anything to hide, but she was shocked.

Woohyun jumped at her voice. “Sorry! I wasn't snooping or anything! I was looking for the bathroom!”

“Oh...second door on the left.” she pointed down the hall. “Sorry, we don't have a bathroom downstairs.”

“It's okay.” he smiled and walked out of her room.

She closed her door and slipped on a pair of sweatpants.

 

Woohyun knocked on her door. “Can I come in?”

Hye Su walked to the door and opened it.

He took her hand and held it up.

“Couple ring.” he went to the dresser, picked up the ring and placed it on her finger.

She took her hand back and looked down. “Sorry. I was scared I was going to lose it.”

“If you do, then tell me. I'll buy you another one.” he smiled down at her.

Hye Su was about to ask him why he's so persistent with her but then he lifted her hand to kiss it, it totally made the words become caught in .

“Woohyun-sshi...” she whispered.

“Oppa.” he corrected.

 

Woohyun looked up at her Infinite poster with several different posters around it and gawked at it.

“What is this?!” he yelled.

“What?” she asked.

He walked up to it and pointed to a poster. That poster was partially covered with another poster, cutting Woohyun out.

“I had to put it like that or else the posters wouldn't fit.” Hye Su stated.

Woohyun turned around and pouted.

She had to admit. It was horribly cute.

 

“Oh no! The water!” she ran downstairs and the bubbles were just about to overflow.

She lowered the heat and sighed in relief.

“What happened?” Woohyun appeared behind her.

“You distracted me. It almost spilled everywhere.”

“Mianhe...forgive me~” he tugged on her arm and did his aegyo.

She raised an eyebrow at him. Was this really the tough, chic idol that everybody knew?

“Only if you help me.” Hye Su said.

“Okay! I love cooking.”

“I know.” she smiled. “I watched YAMO.”

“Oh god...don't even talk about my pre-debut days.” he said, putting on a pink apron and tying his bangs up so it stuck up like a fountain.

Hye Su looked at him to ask him why but she stopped and took a double take. She busted out laughing.

“What?!” Woohyun asked.

“Nothing...” she shook her head and took out some kimchi.

 

They managed to make some delicious kimchi soup. Woohyun practically did everything, but Hye Su didn't mind. She liked guys in aprons.

Woohyun smiled when he took a bite. “Oh my god. This is the best kimchi soup I've ever made.”

“Really?” Hye Su asked.

He nodded. “I think it's because you helped me.”

“No, you could've done it without my help.”

“Food always tastes better when there's a pretty girl here to help you~”

“Aigo...”

 

After they finished eating, they both decided to wash the dishes.

“Hey Hye Su, let's take a selca!” Woohyun wiped his hands and took out his phone.

“What?!”

FLASH!
Woohyun did a kissy face while Hye Su just stared blankly at the camera. In Woohyun's opinion, she still looked beautiful.

“Hehehe, cute. I'm setting it as my wallpaper!”

What is up with these boys and pictures?! Hye Su thought while drying the last spoon.

 

“Thanks again for today. Really.” Hye Su thanked for the third time, while Woohyun was putting on his shoes.

“Stop saying thanks! I couldn't let a girl like you get chased around Seoul by a bunch of guys. It's inhumane.”

She chuckled.

Woohyun couldn't help but stare like an idiot at her smile..

“Bye bye!” he waved while walking down the street.

Hye Su waved back and closed the door.

She couldn't believe an idol had just cooked in her kitchen and made a meal at her house. It seems like her life had made a 180 degree change since she sent that first letter to Myungsoo. She sat on the couch and switched on the TV. When she was going to put the remote back on table she noticed something.

“His hat!”

 

The second Myungsoo got back to the dorm, he jumped on his bed and fell asleep, making a mental note not to go out late again.

He woke up a couple hours later and scratched his head, forgetting the date at the moment. Once he realized he had performed at Music Bank earlier that day, he reached into his sweatshirt pocket and pulled out Hye Su's fanletter. He opened the envelope and took out the letter.

 

You know how people say, 'Promises are meant to be broken'?

I don't believe in that saying.

I think promises are meant to be fulfilled.

Don't you think?

 

Myungsoo smiled as he read it. It was just like all the other ones; short and sweet. He really loved her letters. He placed the letter in his desk drawer before walking out to the living room. He heard some voices coming form the kitchen. It was Sungjong and Woohyun.

 

“Hyung, who is this on your phone?”

“Oh, no one...” Myungsoo could tell by the tone of his voice that he was 99.9% smirking.

“Oh isn't that...uh what's her name...Myungsoo's fan...”

No way.

Hye Su! Yeah! Hye Su!”

“Yeah it is. Isn't she beautiful?”

“Where did you take this?”

“At her house. We cooked dinner and ate together.”

“What?! You went to her house?!” Sungjong was practically yelling.

“Shh! Yeah, I did. Don't tell Myungsoo. He'll go all ', oh no you didn't' on me.”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and walked in the kitchen.

“O-oh! Hi Myungsoo hyung. How was your nap?” Sungjong said nervously, giving Woohyun back his phone.

“Fine.” he muttered.

Sungjong could feel the awkwardness in the air and ran away.

“Sungjong!” Woohyun yelled after the maknae since he was the only person at the moment that could ease the tension.

 

It was silent.

“So, did you hear our conversation?” Woohyun asked, hoping that answer would be negative.

“Every word.”

Woohyun nodded and rubbed the back of his neck.

“You might've gone to her house and ate with her already, but there's something that I will always have an advantage over.”

The main vocal raised an eyebrow. “And what is that?”

“She's my fan.”

Woohyun scoffed. “And?”

“You will never get that.”

“Are you challenging me, Kim Myungsoo?”

The younger shrugged and his heels to walk away.

“I don't know, am I?”

============

who's excited for infinite's japanese album?! put yo hands up!

*raises both hands*