Letter 4

Letters From A Fangirl

 

It was about 7 in the evening when Woohyun walked out of the practice room alone. The members had gone back hours ago and are probably sleeping by now, but he had to get the choreography perfect or else he couldn't sleep. He was humming to a random American song that happened to come up on his iPod when he saw the familiar dorm up ahead. He frowned. He didn't want to go back yet. For some reason, he wasn't so tired today. His life for the past year consisted of, practice, performances, fansignings, and sleep. He bit his lip in thought.

“One night of alone time wouldn't hurt...” he whispered. Plus, it's not like the members would know anyways. He could always tell a little white lie. Lying became a habit now, according to Sungjong. Sometimes lying can be good...only sometimes.

 

He turned around and saw a familiar figure walking towards him. His face brightened when he realized who it was.

“Annyeong!” he ran up to her, pulling the earbuds out of his ears.

Hye Su looked up from the ground and she stumbled back a bit when she saw who it was.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

She held up a white envelope.

“Fanletter?” Woohyun tilted his head and the image of her crying while walking away that one day replayed in his mind.

So she was the girl...but that still doesn't explain why Myungsoo's acting this way.

“I'll walk you.” he said and they started walking towards the dorm.

 

It was silent. Being the talkative boy he is, Woohyun couldn't take it.

“Yah, do you talk?” he asked. It came out more harshly than intended. “Sorry...I didn't mean it in a bad way or anything.”

Hye Su nodded. “I do.”

“Then why don't you speak?”

“I don't have anything to say.”

Woohyun frowned at the answer. She had a point though.

“He, Myungsoo I mean, knows who you are, you know that right?”

She shrugged. It's not like it made a difference. She's the same as everyone else. She's just a fan.

“Why do you like Myungsoo?” Woohyun asked, feeling slightly jealous.

She shrugged again. “What's not to like?”

“Well...he sleeps with his eyes open, sometimes he doesn't shower, he doesn't helps us clean...and what else? Oh, and he never, I repeat, never uses the right toothbrush! I don't know if he forgets or what!” Woohyun complained.

Hye Su looked at him. “He's only human. No one can be perfect.”

Woohyun stopped walking and pouted while staring at her going up the steps.

 

He watched as she pasted the letter to the door. He thought it was amusing. Normal fans would send it by address, or put it in the mailbox, but she was different.

Hye Su turned around and stared at Woohyun.

“Are you not going in?” she asked.

Woohyun was shocked that she talked to him without him asking her a question.

“Uh, no. I'm bored.”

Hye Su chuckled a bit. A house full of 6 boys. How is that boring?

“I'll be leaving.” she bowed and walked past him.

He grabbed her wrist. She looked back, surprised.

“Hang out with me.” he said.

“What? Me?”

He nodded.

“B-but...”

 

Woohyun noticed something. He held up her hand and pointed to her ring finger.

“Yah, why aren't you wearing our couple ring?!” Woohyun held up his hand, gesturing he was still wearing his.

Hye Su was flustered at the question. “I...I...We're not a couple.”

Woohyun stuck out his bottom lip. “But you're my girlfriend.”

She mentally rolled her eyes. Woohyun is the king of fanservice.

“Yeah, but every fan is your girlfriend.”

“But you are the only one in the whole world that has the other part to this ring. You're different.”

Hye Su thought about that word...'different'.

 

“Woohyun! What are you doing?!” a voice yelled.

“Aw, .”

The both of them looked back and saw the manager standing at the door. The very scary manager according to Hye Su.

“Come inside! You need to rest.”

“But hyung!”

“No buts.”

“Man...” Woohyun whispered and hung his head.

“Sorry...” Hye Su whispered.

His head snapped up. “Why are you apologizing?”

“Because of me, you can't go out.”

He chuckled. “Don't blame yourself. I shouldn't be going out anyways...bye Hye Su!” he started to walk up the stairs.

She waved to him.

“Wait, what event are you going to next?” Woohyun asked before walking inside.

Hye Su bit her lip in thought. “Uh...Music Bank? I think?”

Woohyun smiled. “See you there!”

He eyed the fanletter on the door before ripping it off and walking inside.

 

He found Myungsoo in the kitchen. The awkward tension between them had blew over after a couple of days. Both of them forgot it even happened. Members fight, it's only normal.

“Myungsoo-ah, here's a fanletter for you.” Woohyun said and put it on the counter.

Myungsoo rubbed his eyes since he just woke up from a nap because of Dongwoo's snoring. He wasn't planning on reading it until later but when he saw the perfect handwriting and plain white envelope, he instantly perked up and grabbed it, practically ripping the envelope to shreds while opening it.

Woohyun leaned on the counter watching and studying his dongsaeng's actions.

 

Myungsoo smiled while reading it. Woohyun became curious.

“What does it say?”

“You did well in your performance on Mnet Countdown. You shined the most. As for your next performance on Music Bank, hwaiting.”

Now Woohyun knew why Myungsoo loved her letters. They were short and sweet. They had a different tone from any other fanletter. He felt envious.

“Where did you find this?”

“She pasted it on the door.”

Myungsoo nodded and folded the fanletter, so it could fit in his pocket. He started to walk out of the kitchen when Woohyun spoke up.

“Yeah, I ran into her while she was on her way here.”

Myungsoo stopped and turned around. His face looked serious, as his eyes pierced into Woohyun's.

“You saw her?”

The main vocal nodded before walking past him to leave.

“Did you guys talk?”

He nodded again.

“What did you guys talk about?”

Woohyun was getting annoyed with the 20 questions.

“Why does it matter?”

“Hyung, I asked you a question.”

“Dongsaeng, I don't need to answer to you.”

Myungsoo glared a bit before walking into his room without another word.

Woohyun stared at the door for a second before walking into his room as well.

===========

the end of the school year always goes by SO slow. i have an exam on the last day of school! wtf is up with that?! UGH. *punches myungsoo pillow* (i don't really have one haha. even if i did, i wouldn't punch that perfect face.)