Chapter 22

Stella Messorem

I lie in bed and stare at the ceiling. What am I dreaming about that scares me so much? I flip over onto my side and stare at Donghae's silhouette. I can vaguely see him. I can see his chest rising and falling. Why won't he talk to me? What's wrong? I sit up and slip out of my bed. My feet hit the floor and I stand up. There's no point in staying in my bed if I can't sleep. I tiptoe over to Donghae and look at him. My eyes have adjusted to the dark so I can see him now. His eyes are fluttering, he's dreaming. I wonder if he's dreaming about me? I sigh and walk out of the room. I go into the kitchen and make myself a cup of tea in the dark. I don't want to turn on the lights because that might wake the others. I take my tea and sit down in the middle of the living room floor. I sip my tea and try to look inside myself and figure out what I was dreaming about. I run my fingers through the carpet and try to concentrate.

I feel little pricks and shocks on my fingers. I yelp and pull my hands up. What was that? I look down at the carpet and see sparkles of silver and gold everywhere. It's all over the walls and the floor and the ceiling too.  I get up and look around. What is it? I walk over to the wall and rub my finger down it.  Some of it comes off on my finger. Why didn't I notice this before?

Then I remember.  I tried to make my wings in this room, and they exploded, so this must be all the star dust I collected. I laugh and and look at it all. I want to try something. I close my eyes and concentrate on the dust. I try to bring it together into my outstretched hand. I open my eyes and my mouth drops in astonishment. I worked, It actually worked! I can still do this. I have a small star in my hand. A tiny ball of light. I set it down to admire it but it goes out. Dammit. I close my eyes and concentrate and pull the dust together again.  I try to keep it alive without my touch but it doesn't work.  

After trying 5 more times I finally get it to work. I stare at the small star and feel it's warmth on my face. I need more. I close my eyes and spend the another hour turning all of the dust into small stars. I open my eyes and see my small galaxy. I concentrate and make them levitate up. They swirl around me sending shadows dancing along the walls. I stare at them and see old memories.

I open my heart and sing the music of the angels. I stand up and bow, still singing, then I turn and twirl around them. It's just me singing and dancing with the shadows. The stars swirl around my mimicking my movements. We dance together, some of them  form together into the shape of an angel with bright wings and a glowing body. I dance with him. We spin around the room together. We spin faster and I throw my head back and sing all the louder.

I spin out and face the doorway and my song dies on my lips along with my star's and angel. Donghae stand in the doorway staring at me open mouthed. "What are you doing?" He asks "Why are you here?" I say back. "Who were you dancing with and why was he glowing? Was he an angel?" He says angrily. "Ella tell me who it was? Where did he go?" He asks and steps closer to me. "It's no one now go away" I say kind of angry that he interrupted me.  "Ella I thought you couldn't talk to the angles so who was that jerk dancing with you?" He says and takes another step closer. We're now nose to nose. "I said he's no one now go away?" I put my hands on his chest to push him back but he grabs them. "Listen Ella you need to tell me who that was. How did he get in here? Did you let him in?" Is that a hint of jealousy I detect in his voice? I smile and pull my hands out of his grasp. "Donghae I'm fine I know how to take care of myself" He opens his mouth to say something but I stop him. "That guy you saw was someone I made, now please leave." "You made him?" He says. I nod. "Why did you make him?" "Cuz I was lonely"

He just stares at me. "Listen Donghae you can le-" He kisses me full on the lips.

 

Comment please ^^